Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

GT#69 Santísimo Knicks (38-30) @ Los Angeles Lakers (38-30): Kingslayers

The Attitude Era Revival: If the Knicks can defeat the Lakers, the Knicks will have finished their longest road trip with a 4-2 record. Word is, Lebron James wants to declare himself healthy enough to humiliate the Knicks one more time.

Random Thoughts:

1. Knick Hater #1: Unless you've been living on another planet, Lebron James hates the Knicks. As a Cleveland Cavalier, he wore a New York Yankees hat and went to Yankee games to see Jeter, Sabbathia, etc. Something happened after the Knicks made their pitch. Team President Donnie Walsh was played by D. Wade, Bosh, and Lebron in the "decision." From that point on, Lebron never turned down an opportunity to destroy the Knicks. After Lebron left Miami, the Knicks once again flirted with Lebron but everyone but the Knicks knew he was headed back to Cleveland. Lebron tells a story that Phil Jackson insulted him at the owner's meetings. When asked by Lebron was at the Owner's meeting, Lebron said he considers himself a "business partner" with owner Dan Gilbert. Lebron failed to comment when asked by media if he helps pay for Tristan Thompson's $16M/season contract. Lebron left Cleveland but not before the New York media floated his potential coming to New York. Pretty much Lebron said, no one wants to come to New York and left for Los Angeles Lakers. Now at age 36, Lebron James is a bitter man. Following his Communist owners, Lebron advocated for the suppression of human rights while blabbing anti-American sentiments (as the cheque cleared) He deleted a tweet after realizing that the footage showed a cop had shot a woman with a knife intent on killing another young woman. Recently he advocated for the firing of whoever came up with the Play-In Tournament now that Lakers have fallen to the 7th seed. That's right, white boy Luka isn't the only one sour on this idea. Having said that, the Knicks are owned by Dolan and it wouldn't shock me if a 40 year old Lebron James signs with the Knicks much how old man Tracy McGrady signed was a Knick. The Knicks are notorious for signing guys past their prime.

2. Man on Fire: Derrick Rose has saved his best for last. In his last 10 games, Rose has averaged 18.7 ppg on 58.5% FG with 85.8FT% 4.7 apg and only 1.2 TO. While Scott Perry's boy, Elfrid Payton remains the starter till the end of the season for his "defensive specialties" Derrick Rose is the real equalizer.

3. Veteran Free Agents outperforming Draft picks: Let's be honest here. The Knicks rebuild via the draft was a failure. Julius Randle has outperformed everyone. Derrick Rose ($7.6M) has outperformed Dennis Smith Jr and Frank Ntilikina ($6.1M). Reggie Bullock ($4.2M) outperformed Kevin Knox ($4.5M). Taj Gibson outperforming Mitchell Robinson and Obi Toppin. This is going to be an older veteran team moving forward. Dolan does not like rebuilds.

4. Joakim Noah: Final $6M owed next season but it doesn't count against the cap. Nice retirement.

Taj has been great but he's not a bigger piece going forward than Mitch or even Obi.

This team's core moving forward is very young with Randle, RJ, Mitch, and IQ. we drafted 3 of those guys in the past 3 years and Obi is still an undecided at this point. Not sure how you can say we failed through the draft, no team bats 1,000 in the draft. Doesn't mean we didn't screw up badly in certain areas but we have plenty of youth and 12 picks over the next 5 years. Rose is important short term piece. Bullock is really the only possible long term vet we have right now.

I can't see Mitchell Robinson as an important piece moving forward. The Knicks have been just fine him with being out BOTH times. Since Mitch broke his foot, the Knicks have been 14-8. This guy's ceiling is Theo Ratliff.

Obi Toppin is dependent upon having a legit point guard like Derrick Rose around. Otherwise he's invisible. He's nothing special.

Immanuel Quickley is a good 6th man but I can't see this kid as a starter.

The Knicks 2 best players (Randle, Rose) are non-Knick draft picks. You're going to see aggressive trades and signing by the Knicks this season.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-11-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I can't see Mitchell Robinson as an important piece moving forward. The Knicks have been just fine him with being out BOTH times. Since Mitch broke his foot, the Knicks have been 14-8. This guy's ceiling is Theo Ratliff.

Obi Toppin is dependent upon having a legit point guard like Derrick Rose around. Otherwise he's invisible. He's nothing special.

Immanuel Quickley is a good 6th man but I can't see this kid as a starter.

The Knicks 2 best players (Randle, Rose) are non-Knick draft picks. You're going to see aggressive trades and signing by the Knicks this season.
    Ratliff was a helluva player for a finals team, that's a pretty important piece...lol

our entire team going forward will need a legit PG to take the next step, that's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Ratliff was a helluva player for a finals team, that's a pretty important piece...lol

our entire team going forward will need a legit PG to take the next step, that's a given.
    Yeah, Theo Ratliff is a perfectly good role player, and I think Mitch can be even better than him. He's probably a better offensive rebounder and finisher already.

Imagine how good Ratliff would be in the modern NBA where instead of having to guard guys like Shaq and other quality post players, he could just protect the rim and rim-run on offense.

I still think Mitch is the 3rd or 4th best player on this team. How people can't see the difference between Mitch and Noel after those Denver and Phoenix games is beyond me.

since when does Noah's deal not count against the cap, of course it does next year all 6.43m of it.

Another thing about Rose. Hid assist to. TO ratio is better then 3 to 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Randle always brings his A game against the Lakers. I think he drops 35-40 Tonight

Let's close this road trip 4-2

Yeah. I remember the skeptics while Rose was wasting away in Detroit. Thibs realizing he had very little talent pushed to get him back.

I can see why he called Brock Aller, Hinkie because they wanted Thibs to somehow unlock Dennis Smith Jr who currently isn't even playing in Detroit with Killian Hayes back.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    since when does Noah's deal not count against the cap, of course it does next year all 6.43m of it.
    If a player has retired due to physical problems.

Source: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ndle%20playing.

Yeah. I remember the skeptics while Rose was wasting away in Detroit. Thibs realizing he had very little talent pushed to get him back.

I can see why he called Brock Aller, Hinkie because they wanted Thibs to somehow unlock Dennis Smith Jr who currently isn't even playing in Detroit with Killian Hayes back.
    Why would you think that Brock Aller had anything to do with playing Dennis Smith Jr.?

We already did Option #2 in that article and then stretched the remaining years on his contract. Still is right - it still counts against the cap.

If Noah retired while he was still a Knick, it'd be a different story.

Apparently LeBron is listed as OUT on the Lakers report but all reports have him coming back tonight, and Adam Silver requested "transparency" out of the Lakers. Anyone else see this?

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    Commissioner Adam Silver has asked for transparency with official injury status reports. Tonight, Lakers listed LeBron James officially as "out'' for tomorrow's game vs. Knicks despite multiple reports he's ready to go after competing in a full practice today.

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    Multiple reports say LeBron James is planning to play vs. Knicks tonight. Lakers injury report filed at 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time has him as "out.'' Regardless, Knicks look to end 7 years of misery whether he watches or plays

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

knicks stretched him he has one more year on the cap, this i'm 100% positive , not 99.9999%

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast