Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Your telling me that the greatest competitor to ever live sat out 75% of games and was perfectly healthy? I donít come close to believing Kobe would allow his perfectly healthy body to just sit for 3 years...heó naw.
    He wasn't perfectly healthy but if we needed him to play instead of not he would have played through it.

No doubt, thatís why jumping to conclusions over a game against Houston that doesnít even matter when he is looking at the end game seems very ridiculous and petty. We need Bron to be ready to go when it matters and suffering a setback against a Houston team who we donít need him to beat would be the dumbest move in the world
    Like BigMoves said, Lebron will get a big backlash if we don't go far in the playoffs, that's the reality of the situation, we can talk about it even if we don't hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    He wasn't perfectly healthy but if we needed him to play instead of not he would have played through it.
    I do think if we were respectable during that time and had a puncher's chance kobe would've certainly played. He was battling a ton of injuries and his body was breaking down, but I think what bothered him the most was how bad we were and how the young guys didn't really take the game seriously enough.

Being Lebron is a different beast. Being a Laker is easy compared to where heís been. At least here he has a competent GM who is smart enough to bring him in on all the decisions and a destination where he can get players to come. Bron ainít scared of Laker pressure. Heís thankful that everyone is trying to win and not just him.
    That's where your love for a player and not for a franchise makes you say overstatements, the Lakers pressure is way bigger than you could imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I do think if we were respectable during that time and had a puncher's chance kobe would've certainly played. He was battling a ton of injuries and his body was breaking down, but I think what bothered him the most was how bad we were and how the young guys didn't really take the game seriously enough.
    Exactly

That's where your love for a player and not for a franchise makes you say overstatements, the Lakers pressure is way bigger than you could imagine.
    This is true however Lebron is not the average player and have delt with that before. It dont seem like the pressure of playing in LA has bothered him in any way. Maybe if he was younger but this Lebron just take it in stride.

Like BigMoves said, Lebron will get a big backlash if we don't go far in the playoffs, that's the reality of the situation, we can talk about it even if we don't hope it happens.
    This will and was going be the case no matter what. Missing games because of injuries or playing the whole season this was going to be the case. In fact because he got injured and hes now 36 where the average player is no longer elite it will be less. The talk of father time has caught Lebron is getting louder.

I love your blissful ignorance.
    Yeah, thatís where they donít understand. Lebron is expected to win every year. He basically goes to the finals every year. His bar is higher than the the Lakers bar. Heís not worried about Laker pressure because he already has more pressure than Laker pressure.
    Being Lebron is a different beast. Being a Laker is easy compared to where heís been. At least here he has a competent GM who is smart enough to bring him in on all the decisions and a destination where he can get players to come. Bron ainít scared of Laker pressure. Heís thankful that everyone is trying to win and not just him.
    True but the Lakers were also a joke and a league afterthought while Bron was winning rings and then Bron pulled your team out of oblivion to a championship. Bron has done more for the Lakers than they could ever dream of doing for him.
    Talk about blissful ignorance.... Blissful ignorance is you thinking that LBJ is greater then the Lakers franchise.

He helped us get the #17, great. But unless he helps us get #18 he will only be known amongst Lakers fans as a great Lakers player that helped get us #17, not a Laker great. The bar is deffinately higher in LA. I'm 100% sure Pelinkas already plotting on who we're gonna bring in after LBJ, we're not gonna sit around and cry about him.

And just to add, if LBJ doesn't win another championship with us on his current contract, we will move on and reload. If LBJ doesn't retire he will either sign for big money on a lottery team or for peanuts on a contender ring chasing. Think about that before making ignorant statements like above. LBJ is already breaking down.
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 05-14-2021 at 06:21 AM.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

I disagree about the lakers being an afterthought. The lakers are always the talk of the league, regardless of whether they are good or bad. LBJ was in the finals and one of the main headlines was "who are the lakers drafting", "free agent [insert superstar name] is interested in joining the lakers this summer"...and to be fair, if LBJ never comes over, this team would be pretty stacked right now as just about their entire young core at the time has turned into all-stars and all-star caliber players so they eventually would've been back, around last year or so. So yes, LBJ has been big for the franchise, but the franchise would've become a contender with or without LBJ, the team would've just had a different group of guys (almost certainly don't win #17 though and so LBJ definitely brought the franchise back much faster and he definitely deserves a ton of credit for it).
    We don't sign LBJ I truly believe that PG13 & Kawhi are Lakers right now. Still would have Zubac. And probably still been able to move Randle, Ball & Ingram for AD. And if not AD still have Randle & Ball and moved Ingram.

Point being, LBJ was the route Magic chose but we had other options.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

I disagree about the lakers being an afterthought. The lakers are always the talk of the league, regardless of whether they are good or bad. LBJ was in the finals and one of the main headlines was "who are the lakers drafting", "free agent [insert superstar name] is interested in joining the lakers this summer"...and to be fair, if LBJ never comes over, this team would be pretty stacked right now as just about their entire young core at the time has turned into all-stars and all-star caliber players so they eventually would've been back, around last year or so. So yes, LBJ has been big for the franchise, but the franchise would've become a contender with or without LBJ, the team would've just had a different group of guys (almost certainly don't win #17 though and so LBJ definitely brought the franchise back much faster and he definitely deserves a ton of credit for it).
    There was def a time when nobody would sign with the Lakers. Multiple players turned down going here...Carmelo being one of them. Laker nation cared but nobody else did.

If Bron and AD donít come here, then you guys are the Pelicans right now. Definitely looking up, but no rings, not contending, not beating the Clippers or any top teams.

Yep, same here. It is funny though the fans who basically stopped posting on here as soon as we became good again. It's the same fans who were super down on our young core when we sucked and said we'd never bring in a star. Now they just disappeared. Pretty sure some will return if we don't make a deep run this year. Those were clearly not laker fans and I suspect most were basically trolls who in actuality don't like the team at all and root for us to lose so they can pose as laker fans and talk down about the franchise. I guess the only way to keep them away is to keep winning lol
    I noticed this...Um Caruso nation...

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    We don't sign LBJ I truly believe that PG13 & Kawhi are Lakers right now. Still would have Zubac. And probably still been able to move Randle, Ball & Ingram for AD. And if not AD still have Randle & Ball and moved Ingram.

Point being, LBJ was the route Magic chose but we had other options.
    I think we'd still probably have Randle and Ingram and maybe Clarckson, Nance, Kuzma, Zubac, and Lopez and we probably move Russell and Ball and some picks to land a big star (maybe AD). Depending on salary, we might've then signed KL (and moved some of those other pieces I mentioned to make it happen). A key thing is that we dumped salaries to get in position to sign LBJ, but if we never make that play, even guys like Lou probably don't get traded when they did and probably get moved later on once we're making a play for guys like KL and AD. But regardless of what moves we might've made, I think you hit the nail right on the head that we had a ton of options going forward.

There was def a time when nobody would sign with the Lakers. Multiple players turned down going here...Carmelo being one of them. Laker nation cared but nobody else did.

If Bron and AD donít come here, then you guys are the Pelicans right now. Definitely looking up, but no rings, not contending, not beating the Clippers or any top teams.
    Ehh, I think we would've had a few more pieces than the pelicans and been a few years ahead of where they are now, but I also think the pelicans are actually on the cusp of becoming an elite team within the next year or two. I think the main reason the pelicans are not in the playoffs is because they end up blowing a lot of leads late, but they could easily be in the top 5 right now if they were more polished. I also think it wasnt just laker nation who cared during that time, because the lakers were always at the top of the news on just about every sports network. During the playoffs and finals we were still one of the primary headlines.

You're right that stars didnt want to come here for a few years, but the franchise never really had a history of signing big stars like that. In our history, we've made two big signings, Shaq and then LBJ. KL wanted to come here when LBJ wanted to come and would've probably ended up coming if LBJ didn't come.

I agree that LBJ absolutely expedited that process by several years and a title is never guaranteed so the LBJ route was definitely a good decision and has already paid off.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 05-14-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Havenít been paying attention. Being a Laker is probably the hardest uniform to fill maybe with the exception for the Steinbrenner run Yankees. Do I think Lebron can ha for it? Yes. But your comments are ignorant in itself to think itís easy to play for the Lakers.

Iím telling you, heís had waaaaaay more pressure to win earlier on in his career. Waaaaaaaaay more. Itís not even close. His first year in Miami was league wide pressure. For a whole year every time he touched the ball he got booed by the opposing crowd. Also the formation of that Miami team got so much hate it was unbelievable. As someone who has watched every season of Brons career. His seasons in LA have been his easiest seasons by a good margin. On most teams heís carrying the entire franchise on his back. On LA heís got way more support and resources. Last year was the best ďTeamĒ heís ever played on. You give Bron that and itís cake.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast