Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 313
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    LBJ's explosiveness didnt really seem all that off. His timing seemed off and his rhythm wasn't there, but that's to be expected. The rebuild was inevitable, but this also isn't LBJ pushing himself like kobe was. This is LBJ being out for almost half of the season in an era where there's almost no contact out there. You're referencing a guy who was playing through like 5-plus injuries, each of which should've sidelined him for multiple weeks. That's NOT what is happening with LBJ...he also hasn't had to play through the type of injuries kobe played through, in large part because "good defense" on kobe is something that would get guys kicked out of games in today's NBA (and really since about 2015 or so). It's night and day to compare Kobe's situation at the end of year 17 to LBJ's in year 18. Sure, if LBJ was going badly injured over and over again throughout the entire season and kept playing through it then you'd have a point...clearly that's not the case.
    Well IRON just said Kobe sat because they were tanking and not because of injuries. Was he wrong? I agree with your sentiment. No way Kobe sits if heís healthy. Especially not for 3 f-ing years lmao.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 05-14-2021 at 12:55 AM.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,220
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    The thing is Bron sets his bar higher than any fan/or player in the Lakers organization. Heís as dedicated to winning as anyone ever. I donít think he cares what Laker fans want or needs because ultimately heís a hell of a lot smarter and has more drive to win than any fan or any past or present player in the Lakers organization. Thatís why heís playing a a level that no 36 year old has ever played at. Winning against Houston or for the rest of the year doesnít even matter. The play in and the playoffs matter and playing in meaningless games is foolish if you are serious about winning a ring. It just funny to me when guys think there own plan for Bron is smarter than Brons plan. Heís the reason why you won and the reason why you have another chance to win. Heís a basketball genius. At some point you gotta know that no matter what you think, Bron knows more than you and heís going to put the Lakers in there best position to win based on the current circumstances. Also itís obvious a lot of guys in here have never had a high ankle sprain. Like super obvious.
    That's great, but the fans won't care about any of that if we come up short and this will get pointed to as a major critique. If we make a deep run it won't become an issue. This is simply what the situation is. Think back to all the debates we've had about Kobe and other guys, a lot of the times they came up short they were battling through injuries but no one cites that they were hurt, they simply cite that they came up short. In LA, that's about 10 fold what it is anywhere else. Kobe gave the organization his entire career and people were calling for his head once he wasn't able to get back to elite status after the achilles injury and it actually negatively impacted his legacy. That's the guy known as the greatest Laker by most and probably the most beloved laker ever only comparable to magic. That we won a title because of LBJ won't matter because that's what he's here for. It's viewed as "good job, you did your job". If we come up short, you can bet that LBJ's strategy will be questioned very strongly and he will get incredible backlash from the LA fanbase and the LA sports media. That's not entirely fair given LBJ's age, but that is what will likely happen. Even ldawg was saying that if we get knocked off early we should blow it up and he's been one of LBJ's strongest supporters. I don't think we need to do anything major regardless of the outcome this year, but that just goes to show how quickly fans on here can turn.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 05-14-2021 at 12:55 AM.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Who said he's never played through pain? Again, as I noted earlier, this isn't really LBJ pushing himself. Quite the opposite actually. As I said before, if we make a deep run no one will say much about this, but if we don't there will be major finger pointing at LBJ and AD.
    There is already a lot of crying and they havenít even lost yet lol

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,092
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    The Lakers existed before and will exist after Lebron. Being a Laker was pressure before LeBron was an unwanted nut from his dads ball sack.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True but the Lakers were also a joke and a league afterthought while Bron was winning rings and then Bron pulled your team out of oblivion to a championship. Bron has done more for the Lakers than they could ever dream of doing for him.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    That's great, but the fans won't care about any of that if we come up short and this will get pointed to as a major critique. If we make a deep run it won't become an issue. This is simply what the situation is. Think back to all the debates we've had about Kobe and other guys, a lot of the times they came up short they were battling through injuries but no one cites that they were hurt, they simply cite that they came up short. In LA, that's about 10 fold what it is anywhere else. Kobe gave the organization his entire career and people were calling for his head once he wasn't able to get back to elite status after the achilles injury and it actually negatively impacted his legacy. That's the guy known as the greatest Laker by most and probably the most beloved laker ever only comparable to magic. That we won a title because of LBJ won't matter because that's what he's here for. It's viewed as "good job, you did your job". If we come up short, you can bet that LBJ's strategy will be questioned very strongly and he will get incredible backlash from the LA fanbase and the LA sports media. That's not entirely fair given LBJ's age, but that is what will likely happen. Even ldawg was saying that if we get knocked off early we should blow it up and he's been one of LBJ's strongest supporters. I don't think we need to do anything major regardless of the outcome this year, but that just goes to show how quickly fans on here can turn.
    Thatís fine, wait till he loses. We know a few people in here would like to see them lose just so they can go off on Bron. Not you and not Iron, but a few.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,220
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    True but the Lakers were also a joke and a league afterthought while Bron was winning rings and then Bron pulled your team out of oblivion to a championship. Bron has done more for the Lakers than they could ever dream of doing for him.
    I disagree about the lakers being an afterthought. The lakers are always the talk of the league, regardless of whether they are good or bad. LBJ was in the finals and one of the main headlines was "who are the lakers drafting", "free agent [insert superstar name] is interested in joining the lakers this summer"...and to be fair, if LBJ never comes over, this team would be pretty stacked right now as just about their entire young core at the time has turned into all-stars and all-star caliber players so they eventually would've been back, around last year or so. So yes, LBJ has been big for the franchise, but the franchise would've become a contender with or without LBJ, the team would've just had a different group of guys (almost certainly don't win #17 though and so LBJ definitely brought the franchise back much faster and he definitely deserves a ton of credit for it).

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,220
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Thatís fine, wait till he loses. We know a few people in here would like to see them lose just so they can go off on Bron. Not you and not Iron, but a few.
    If we com up short, I'm honestly holding AD much more accountable than LBJ, because AD didn't come in prepared physically or mentally. LBJ was his regular self prior to the injury.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Those aren't great examples because those are guys who were playing through injuries. LBJ already sat out almost half the season so it's not like he just played through the injury.
    lol Lebron did not sit out half the season. dont make up stuff

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    34,086
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    True but the Lakers were also a joke and a league afterthought while Bron was winning rings and then Bron pulled your team out of oblivion to a championship. Bron has done more for the Lakers than they could ever dream of doing for him.
    You're getting too far, Lakers just came from a repeat while lebron was winning his first title on a stacked miami team. We went to hell from 2013 to 2017, after that we were getting out of the woods, look at Randle, Ingram and Russell now, Lebron accelerated the process of winning #17 thanks to AD too because look at what happened when Lebron wasn't with another superstar, we missed the playoffs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I disagree about the lakers being an afterthought. The lakers are always the talk of the league, regardless of whether they are good or bad. LBJ was in the finals and one of the main headlines was "who are the lakers drafting", "free agent [insert superstar name] is interested in joining the lakers this summer"...and to be fair, if LBJ never comes over, this team would be pretty stacked right now as just about their entire young core at the time has turned into all-stars and all-star caliber players so they eventually would've been back, around last year or so. So yes, LBJ has been big for the franchise, but the franchise would've become a contender with or without LBJ, the team would've just had a different group of guys (almost certainly don't win #17 though and so LBJ definitely brought the franchise back much faster and he definitely deserves a ton of credit for it).
    Exactly

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    34,086
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    lol Lebron did not sit out half the season. dont make up stuff
    Lebron played 43 games out of 70, that's 40% games missed, not that far.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    34,086
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Thatís fine, wait till he loses. We know a few people in here would like to see them lose just so they can go off on Bron. Not you and not Iron, but a few.
    Yep I guarantee you I want the Lakers winning as much as possible with Lebron.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,220
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    lol Lebron did not sit out half the season. dont make up stuff
    I said almost half

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    If we com up short, I'm honestly holding AD much more accountable than LBJ, because AD didn't come in prepared physically or mentally. LBJ was his regular self prior to the injury.
    Avoiding a major season ending injury is worst than missing a hand full of games to avid the play in which they tried but lost games for a number of reasons.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    34,086
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Well IRON just said Kobe sat because they were tanking and not because of injuries. Was he wrong? I agree with your sentiment. No way Kobe sits if heís healthy. Especially not for 3 f-ing years lmao.
    During those two years before the farewell tour Kobe was encouraged to sat and he did because the team needed to tank and we weren't going to the playoffs plus Kobe was at the twilight of his career, nothing more to prove instead of loyalty to his only franchise.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Lebron played 43 games out of 70, that's 40% games missed, not that far.
    Yep, same here. It is funny though the fans who basically stopped posting on here as soon as we became good again. It's the same fans who were super down on our young core when we sucked and said we'd never bring in a star. Now they just disappeared. Pretty sure some will return if we don't make a deep run this year. Those were clearly not laker fans and I suspect most were basically trolls who in actuality don't like the team at all and root for us to lose so they can pose as laker fans and talk down about the franchise. I guess the only way to keep them away is to keep winning lol
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 05-14-2021 at 01:28 AM.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •