Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    No matter what was proven in the past, what matters now is what's ahead, and he will have to prove it again, that's what being a Laker is all about, Kobe already told him how the Lakers franchise is different.
    Yep, this is why the NBA forum posters are hilarious citing all those junk analytics that they don't understand. They frankly don't know what it's like to be champs so they turn to whatever will allow them to hate on those who beat them year in and year out. Championship or bust here year in and year out. That's always been the culture here. Kobe, Shaq, and Pau used to get it pretty bad as well when we would come up short. That's how it is in laker land.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 05-13-2021 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yep, this is why the NBA forum posters are hilarious citing all those junk analytics that they don't understand. They frankly don't know what it's like to be champs so they turn to whatever will allow them to hate on those who beat them year in and year out. Championship or bust here year in and year out. That's always been the culture here. Kobe, Shaq, and Pau used to get it pretty bad as well when we would come up short. That's how it is in laker land.
    Absolutely

What we are seeing is LBJ sitting out in games that we need him in and it seems like he can play so fans are clearly frustrated. LBJ has been durable, but the complaints aren't about his durability, they are about him not working through pain when it seems he can go. Look, if we make a deep run no one will really say too much about this...if we get upset early, the fans and LA media will crucify LBJ and AD. That is what will happen.

Kobe characterized it perfectly back in 2018 when he said in LA, only the title matters. If you're injured they don't care, they ask "where's our championship?", if you don't have help, they don't care, they ask "where's our championship?", if you go up against a dynasty, they don't care, they ask "where's our championship?". The question is coming and there's only one way to avoid it and it's primarily the leader who will get the blame. This isn't Cleveland or Miami where fans will happy with a title. We've had 17 of them. Winning one is great, but then the focus is on wining another one the next year.
    You explained it so well, thank you, that's exactly what playing for the Lakers is.

Like Kobe said, you embrace it or you better play somewhere else.

Always nice to get a win

THT 25 pts 2 reb 10 ast 2 stl

Kuz 19 pts 10 reb 7 ast

What we are seeing is LBJ sitting out in games that we need him in and it seems like he can play so fans are clearly frustrated. LBJ has been durable, but the complaints aren't about his durability, they are about him not working through pain when it seems he can go. Look, if we make a deep run no one will really say too much about this...if we get upset early, the fans and LA media will crucify LBJ and AD. That is what will happen.

Kobe characterized it perfectly back in 2018 when he said in LA, only the title matters. If you're injured they don't care, they ask "where's our championship?", if you don't have help, they don't care, they ask "where's our championship?", if you go up against a dynasty, they don't care, they ask "where's our championship?". The question is coming and there's only one way to avoid it and it's primarily the leader who will get the blame. This isn't Cleveland or Miami where fans will happy with a title. We've had 17 of them. Winning one is great, but then the focus is on wining another one the next year.
    Like Kobe said, you embrace it or you better play somewhere else.
    I get what you're saying. All of you.

I believe he's following what they perceive to be the best road to the Lakers winning again.

We'll see how it plays out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I get what you're saying. All of you.

I believe he's following what they perceive to be the best road to the Lakers winning again.

We'll see how it plays out.

You have to understand that we said the exact same thing about Kobe when he was playing even if we loved Kobe, the Lakers franchise will forever prevail.

Lebron earned our trust since last year, but he has to do it again, you can't fail when you represent the Lakers.
    Last edited by Iron24th; 05-13-2021 at 11:17 AM.

I wouldn't waste too much time trying to explain to IKH & blams what it means to be a Lakers fan, it's like trying to explain to someone without kids the joys and frustrations of parenthood. No matter how you put it, they just can't understand.

They'll say they kinda do because they used to watch their nephews and nieces. Lol
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 05-13-2021 at 05:22 AM.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I wouldn't waste too much time trying to explain to IKH & blams what it means to be a Lakers fan, it's like trying to explain to someone without kids the joys and frustrations of parenthood. No matter how you put it, they just can't understand.

They'll say they kinda do because they used to watch their nephews and nieces. Lol
    Loool

"Look at this idiot. Late as usual, for the nth time carrying all those bags.. let's go fcker!"

You have to understand that we said the exact same thing about Kobe when he was playing even if we loved Kobe, the Lakers franchise will forever prevail.

Lebron earned our trust since last year, but he had to do it again, you can't fail when you represent the Lakers.

I still get what you guys are saying.

I mean it's really what LeBron gets year to year anyway. He's expected to win a title each season.

This is the first time he's doing this in his entire career to get ready for the playoffs.

Let's see if it works. IF it can work it would be with Bron qb'ing the offense.

Until I hear he's out for the season, or AD is out for the season, I think the Lakers have as good of a shot as any.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Wasn't pretty but we got what we needed done and won. Move on to the next.

Lol well said. Being a Lakers fan is a different beast.

This is BS

He clearly came back too early from the ankle injury and lacked explosiveness in the 2 games he came back and the second game he reaggravated the injury and Lakers lost both of those games.

Yes, Kobe was a warrior. But to his teamís detriment in the 2012-13 season trying to be prime Nash in the Antonio system while playing thru injury and logging 45 min a game. Achilles tear in game 80 of season 17 basically signified a long rebuild for the next 5 years until Bron came in 2018.

Year 17-Achilles
    Year 18-knee , played only 6 games
    Year 19-shoulder, played only 35 games
    Year 20-in and out of the lineup until finishing with 60 in his final game but averaging 17.6 PPG

Kobe was a warrior, but he clearly didnít have it in his last 3 yrs +. He sacrificed his latter part of his career combined with the 2 yrs 45 Mil + no star wanting to playing with him leading to. 5 yr rebuild before Bronís arrival.

LeBron is in friggin year 18 ending with 2 yrs left

You guys clearly donít know what the **** yall spewing

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    This is BS

He clearly came back too early from the ankle injury and lacked explosiveness in the 2 games he came back and the second game he reaggravated the injury and Lakers lost both of those games.

Yes, Kobe was a warrior. But to his teamís detriment in the 2012-13 season trying to be prime Nash in the Antonio system while playing thru injury and logging 45 min a game. Achilles tear in game 80 of season 17 basically signified a long rebuild for the next 5 years until Bron came in 2018.

Year 17-Achilles
    Year 18-knee , played only 6 games
    Year 19-shoulder, played only 35 games
    Year 20-in and out of the lineup until finishing with 60 in his final game but averaging 17.6 PPG

Kobe was a warrior, but he clearly didnít have it in his last 3 yrs +. He sacrificed his latter part of his career combined with the 2 yrs 45 Mil + no star wanting to playing with him leading to. 5 yr rebuild before Bronís arrival.

LeBron is in friggin year 18 ending with 2 yrs left

You guys clearly donít know what the **** yall spewing
    Seems like you didn't watch a lot of Lakers games during the rebuild (not really surprised since you lose faith pretty fast my friend) after Kobe came back from the achille injury they shut him down every year (except year 20 for his farewell tour) to not hurt our chance to tank, this had nothing to do with his health at the time.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast