Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

David Griffen fines $50K for comments about officiating

Here's what he said:
    "I'm really frustrated because this was avoidable," Griffin said. "We told the NBA through every means available to us, through sending in film, through speaking to everybody in the official's department and everybody in basketball operations, that the way they were officiating Zion was going to get him injured.

"Quite frankly, he's injured now because of the open season there's been on Zion Williamson in the paint. He's been absolutely mauled in the paint on a regular basis, to the point that other players have said to him, 'I'm going to keep doing this to you because they don't call it.' There's more violence encouraged in the paint against Zion Williamson than any player I've seen since Shaq. It was egregious and horrific then, and the same is true now."
    Thoughts? Does he have a point? Or are things like this and up leading to star players becoming floppers?

I guess Iíll be the first to comment

I think it's funny Griff was with LeBron but says Zion was hit more. A lowkey jab.

With respect to the topic, I think hes just trying to protect his guy. If Griffin thinks this is bad, what would he have thought if Zion played in the 80's?

side note: This has nothing to do with Zion, but why does the NBA always admit to blown calls by the refs a day or two after the game but when a player or coach voices their frustrations they get slapped with a fine? if the NBA knows that these mistakes are made why isn't there a proper way for the team to dispute it privately and have the plays reviewed? Especially if it costs them the game. There has to be away to go about this through the right channels, or in this case a serious injury.. Perhaps there is and I'm not aware of it?