Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Spygate Scandal - New Inquiry Involving Trump

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...pygate-scandal

"My father told me that Trump was acting as a messenger for Kraft," Shanin Specter says. "But I'm equally sure the reference to money in Palm Beach was campaign contributions, not cash. The offer was Kraft assistance with campaign contributions. ... My father said it was Kraft's offer, not someone else's."

Always great when the bloggers of this kind of nonsense mouthbreath so hard that they can't handle basic logic.

Although Kraft says now through a team spokesperson that the meeting "wasn't memorable," Specter told Robbins that the two men "had a delightful conversation," according to the transcript. "And he said, 'Let me get off my chest some things you did to the Patriots which were very unfair. Just very unfair.' I decided not to argue with him." Eventually, Specter and Kraft discussed the purpose of their meeting, campaign money, with the senator's hope being that Kraft and his company would contribute to his Senate reelection campaign.
    FEC records show that neither Kraft nor his company, the Kraft Group, donated a single dollar to Arlen Specter's campaign committees. Kraft confirmed that neither he nor any of his entities ever donated to Specter.
    "He was pissed," Shanin Specter says about his father. "He told me about the call in the wake of the conversation and his anger about it. ... My father was upset when [such overtures] would happen because he felt as if it were tantamount to a bribe solicitation, though the case law on this subject says it isn't. ... He would tell me these things when they occurred. We were very close."
    This proves the opposite of the author's claim. Specter kicked off an investigation of Kraft's company (the Patriots) and then met with him to ask for campaign contributions (bribes to end the investigation).

Kraft refused to pay the bribe demanded by Specter.

Specter couldn't interest his fellow senators in exploring it, though he continued to threaten to introduce legislation that would revoke the NFL's antitrust exemption.
    Surely the same for the NFLPA then too, right? Since there is no alternative players union, but there have been multiple alternative football leagues, proving that there is no antitrust issue for the NFL?

Wickersham and Van Natta back at it again with their seemingly annual bring up an old story, throw in some rumour, speculation and half truths and run it as a "brand new" story hit piece on the Patriots.

Absolute frauds the pair of them.
    Everything reported early about "we don't understand physics"-gate was false info fed to Mort by Mike Kensil, ESPN apologised for this.

Wickersham & Van Natta ran a similar sham hit piece on the Patriots a couple of years ago (which included such gems of Belichick got replays quicker because of a 45" TV outside of the stadium...like he has super eye sight or something), ESPN apologised for "inaccuracies" in this report during a post-midnight airing for Sports Center.
    E!SPN ratings must be down so going after the Patriots is a sure fire way to get some easy clicks.

Sadly, this alleged scandal will be conflated with legitimate and more substantive investigations into the former president and related entities, ultimately helping to produce nothing more than sense-numbing white noise. I question the timing of this news release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Surely the same for the NFLPA then too, right?
    Do you think it would make sense that NFL players have multiple unions?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Do you think it would make sense that NFL players have multiple unions?
    As much sense as multiple football leagues, sure.

Also recently we've seen the gap between older players and rookies in terms of what they want out of a CBA. Would make a lot of sense to divide it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    As much sense as multiple football leagues, sure.

Also recently we've seen the gap between older players and rookies in terms of what they want out of a CBA. Would make a lot of sense to divide it up.
    It would make zero sense if rookies and veterans negotiated separately with the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It would make zero sense if rookies and veterans negotiated separately with the NFL.
    Agreed but it would make sense to have sub committees to represent different segments and have leaders of said committee congregate and discuss their goals and how they can intertwine. Then present a unified messaged.

Holy **** I can only imagine the pure bliss of ESPN execs when they found a way to write a story about spy gate AND Donald trump together lol

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Holy **** I can only imagine the pure bliss of ESPN execs when they found a way to write a story about spy gate AND Donald trump together lol
    They must be creaming their pants

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    They must be creaming their pants
    They're gonna cream harder than Robert Kraft at a massage parlor.

One moment please

Vince to Gronk