Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I watched the clip. They funded research into bat coronavirus from covid-1 to help understand the virus and how it transferred to humans. It's a conspiratorial leap to go from that to he helped the Chinese develop a super virus.

That doesn't even make sense. If the US were developing super viruses, we most certainly wouldn't be doing it with China, we'd be doing it in case we ever needed to use them against China.
    I don't think the intent was creating a "weaponized super virus" the suggestion is that this lab wasn't responsible in it's testing and handling of the viruses that they **** around with and one got out.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I don't think the intent was creating a "weaponized super virus" the suggestion is that this lab wasn't responsible in it's testing and handling of the viruses that they **** around with and one got out.
    That is very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Maybe you should say what you “believe” to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This lab that was funded by many countries OUR OWN included wasn't being as responsible in its testing and handling of the virus and it leaked from the lab and infected the general population.
    That would explain why the virus dies in contact with sunlight, for instance, that's not a fact that's normal for a virus in the wild, even a wild strain of bat coronavirus.

Dr. Fauci used loopholes in the American law to help fund this research so that we'd have access to the findings.

I also believe that the CCP has been doing it's darnedest to cover most of this up.

That is very possible.
    But this is the problem our betters in Media and Tech (likely due to financial or ideological capture or just pure partisanship) have labeled any possibility besides it jumping from animals as a *DEBUNKED* conspiracy theory rooted in xenophobia and racism. On top of the fact that the CCP isn't allowing any honest investigation of the lab, is preventing any open dialog or discussion into what is the story of the century.

But this is the problem our betters in Media and Tech (likely due to financial or ideological capture or just pure partisanship) have labeled any possibility besides it jumping from animals as a *DEBUNKED* conspiracy theory rooted in xenophobia and racism. On top of the fact that the CCP isn't allowing any honest investigation of the lab, is preventing any open dialog or discussion into what is the story of the century.
    They've done studies on the virus and concluded from it's makeup that it's not artificially created. It would be very impressive for this lab to have created a virus that could fool all the world's experts.

Also, the fact that multiple different viruses have originated from Chinese wet markets makes it more likely that's what happened again, unless China has been engineering these viruses for far longer than we thought and this was one of many leaks.

This lab that was funded by many countries OUR OWN included wasn't being as responsible in its testing and handling of the virus and it leaked from the lab and infected the general population.
    That would explain why the virus dies in contact with sunlight, for instance, that's not a fact that's normal for a virus in the wild, even a wild strain of bat coronavirus.

Dr. Fauci used loopholes in the American law to help fund this research so that we'd have access to the findings.

I also believe that the CCP has been doing it's darnedest to cover most of this up.
    Closer. Use the words “i believe”

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Is the lab leak theory still *Debunked*

Maybe you just get your info about what they are saying from people that hate them. It's like asking someone’s ex wife about them. There is probably some truth in what you are going to hear but you are only going to hear the bad

Last edited by ewing; 05-11-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Is the lab leak theory still *Debunked*

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...fe-not-a-lab1/

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/31/98315...e-of-who-repor

https://www.axios.com/wuhan-lab-coro...dac28ead6.html

These are the top 3 Google hits I got when I searched “virus came from lab” none fit your depiction of how this idea is being portrayed

Last edited by ewing; 05-11-2021 at 10:07 PM.

The first line in the conclusion is the evidence for a lab leak is substantial. In the beginning he flat out says one theory is the far more likely one. He couches his opinion in qualifiers, but it’s pretty obvious he definitely believes it was a lab leak.
    That's still not trying to prove it came from a lab. What he believes doesn't really matter to the point that it could have come from a lab and we should find out the facts.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...fe-not-a-lab1/

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/31/98315...e-of-who-repor

https://www.axios.com/wuhan-lab-coro...dac28ead6.html

These are the top 3 Google hits I got when I searched “virus came from lab” none fit your depiction of how this idea is being portrayed

The problem is China and the lack of information that leaves Chinese soil. Much like China's initial cover up of the virus, their consistent misleading information on deaths/cases, etc, the origins are going to be difficult to track. Its not like China has an open door policy for the world's scientific community and we know how much they love to control the information narrative with anything that involves their country.

I believe the virus wasn't man made but you're never going to be able to prove where it came from. There is no patient zero. They have an idea where and how it started and what animals were the most likely culprits but that's about it. Look, there is known evidence that COVID is pretty rampant in bats, pangolins, other animals that Chinese people eat from wet markets and this is the second major virus to leave China in 20 years.

Something has to change there. The problem is the Chinese government has a deep apathy for their own people. That's pretty obvious in their treatment of Muslims.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-11-2021 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The problem is China and the lack of information that leaves Chinese soil. Much like China's initial cover up of the virus, their consistent misleading information on deaths/cases, etc, the origins are going to be difficult to track. Its not like China has an open door policy for the world's scientific community and we know how much they love to control the information narrative with anything that involves their country.

I believe the virus wasn't man made but you're never going to be able to prove where it came from. There is no patient zero. They have an idea where and how it started and what animals were the most likely culprits but that's about it. Look, there is known evidence that COVID is pretty rampant in bats, pangolins, other animals that Chinese people eat from wet markets and this is the second major virus to leave China in 20 years.

Something has to change there. The problem is the Chinese government has a deep apathy for their own people. That's pretty obvious in their treatment of Muslims.
    It's definitely hard to know what's going on in China. I think it could from a bat and it could from a lab. You might be right and we will never know

It's definitely hard to know what's going on in China. I think it could from a bat and it could from a lab. You might be right and we will never know
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

China doesn’t consider them their own people.

I watched the clip. They funded research into bat coronavirus from covid-1 to help understand the virus and how it transferred to humans. It's a conspiratorial leap to go from that to he helped the Chinese develop a super virus.

That doesn't even make sense. If the US were developing super viruses, we most certainly wouldn't be doing it with China, we'd be doing it in case we ever needed to use them against China.
    You just described gain of function.
    What they funded was gain of research, which was is highly controversial and was banned by the US Govt, they funded it through a grant from EcoHealth, which is a sub-agency under Fauci's control.

You just described gain of function.
    What they funded was gain of research, which was is highly controversial and was banned by the US Govt, they funded it through a grant from EcoHealth, which is a sub-agency under Fauci's control.
    I watched your clip, Fauci specifically denied they funded gain of function research at the lab.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast