Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    92,071
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Colts are definitely doing everything they can to set him up for success. His BFF at coach, Top 5 OL, Top 10 Defense. Elite RB in Jonathan Taylor. Hilton/Pittman/Campbell/Pascal/Hines/Doyle/Alix-Cox/Granson isn't bad for pass catchers. No excuses.
    People look too much in to a down year in 2020. The eagles, top to bottom were an absolute mess. He had the worst situation possible for a qb. Injuries and rotating personnel from series to series most weeks.

    Carson can play. Colts will reap the rewards on this one.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    92,071
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    as long as he has the perfect oline/coach/wideouts/TE and 5 plus seconds to throw the ball allong with giving the alright with the plays the coach calls you are correct.
    None of that holds true but good troll attempt.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,880

    LT Eric Fisher to the Colts to protect Wentz's blindside. (1yr $9.4M)

    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    None of that holds true but good troll attempt.
    As much as Carson didnít help himself last year (even you can admit he played the worst of his career), the Eagles as a whole were garbage last season.

    Him going from terribad team to a great team doesnít mean he needs a great team to succeed it just means he cant succeed on a terribad team.

    Eagles were a solidish team in 2018 and 2019 and Wentz was average to above average those seasons. If anything the dude plays more to his surroundings.

    I care more about him succeeding to benefit the Eagles but I want this guy to have a successful career.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,707
    Wentz had 7 dropped INTs in 2020 and 1 INT on a Hail Mary (15+7-1 = 21) to tie for the most adjust interceptions in 2020, on 436 attempts. That's a remarkable feat for a quarterback who was benched for the last four games of the year. Only one passer has ever led the league in adjusted interceptions on fewer throws: in 2018, Sam Darnold threw 21 adjusted interceptions on only 413 passes.

    So as far as adjusted INTs go, 2020 Wentz is #2 all time, second only to 2018 Sam "I'm seeing ghosts out there" Darnold.

    Hurts had 7 in 4 games (on 148 attempts). 4.7% vs 4.8% for Wentz. So team does get some blame.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Wentz had 7 dropped INTs in 2020 and 1 INT on a Hail Mary (15+7-1 = 21) to tie for the most adjust interceptions in 2020, on 436 attempts. That's a remarkable feat for a quarterback who was benched for the last four games of the year. Only one passer has ever led the league in adjusted interceptions on fewer throws: in 2018, Sam Darnold threw 21 adjusted interceptions on only 413 passes.

    So as far as adjusted INTs go, 2020 Wentz is #2 all time, second only to 2018 Sam "I'm seeing ghosts out there" Darnold.

    Hurts had 7 in 4 games (on 148 attempts). 4.7% vs 4.8% for Wentz. So team does get some blame.
    Wentz was shell-shocked after the first few weeks, so this shouldn't surprise anyone. But it's worth noting one of the flaws with the adjusted INTs is it only looks at tips, drops, and situational INTs. It doesn't show how many INTs occurred because of a wrong route or a botched block.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,707
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Wentz was shell-shocked after the first few weeks, so this shouldn't surprise anyone. But it's worth noting one of the flaws with the adjusted INTs is it only looks at tips, drops, and situational INTs. It doesn't show how many INTs occurred because of a wrong route or a botched block.
    Well those things are exceedingly rare, so they aren't particularly bothered with.

    The regular INT stat doesn't account for bad throws that the WR caught anyway, which offsets wrong routes.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    92,071
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    As much as Carson didnít help himself last year (even you can admit he played the worst of his career), the Eagles as a whole were garbage last season.

    Him going from terribad team to a great team doesnít mean he needs a great team to succeed it just means he cant succeed on a terribad team.

    Eagles were a solidish team in 2018 and 2019 and Wentz was average to above average those seasons. If anything the dude plays more to his surroundings.

    I care more about him succeeding to benefit the Eagles but I want this guy to have a successful career.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    his performance in 19 suggests he can work with trash. 20 he was bad, for sure, but that's an outlier IMO.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    his performance in 19 suggests he can work with trash. 20 he was bad, for sure, but that's an outlier IMO.
    2017 was the outlier.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    83,009
    2017 and 2020 were both outliers. Most realistic scenario is we get 2018 or 2019 Wentz.


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    2017 and 2020 were both outliers. Most realistic scenario is we get 2018 or 2019 Wentz.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ftw.usat...n-analysis/amp

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    92,071
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    2017 and 2020 were both outliers. Most realistic scenario is we get 2018 or 2019 Wentz.
    And 18/19 with talent around him would be fine.

    He played with backups to backups and took that team to the playoffs.

    Too much is being made of 20.

    People will claim, after he succeeds, that 21 will be an outlier. Blah blah blah.

    Dude can ball.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Well those things are exceedingly rare, so they aren't particularly bothered with.

    The regular INT stat doesn't account for bad throws that the WR caught anyway, which offsets wrong routes.
    Those things aren't rare at all for teams with bad WRs. The Eagles have bad and inexperienced receivers all around.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,092
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Re:
    unfathomably good in the red zone and on third down. Those are two areas where you want your quarterback to excel; but, due to sample size issues, a playerís production in those two statistical categories in a given season tells us very little about how heíll perform in the future. Those numbers are subject to a lot of season-to-season variances, as a result. Itís much more useful to look at how he performed outside of the red zone and on early downs, where we have more plays and, therefore, a more substantial sample size.
    This is interesting because Garoppolo in 2017, after getting traded, also excelled in the red zone and on third down, which led to the 49ers giving him his current contract. I supported the extension at the time because out of bias I argued success on third down was a sign of a good QB.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-11-2021 at 10:58 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,880
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    his performance in 19 suggests he can work with trash. 20 he was bad, for sure, but that's an outlier IMO.
    Line wasnít terrible in 2019.

    2020 was the worst surrounding talent heís ever had. I meant it more saying that he canít play with crap in the sense that no one but true elites really could. Thatís how bad 2020 was.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,880
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I understand the small sample in 2017 for 3rd and 4th down but Iíd say his surrounding talent also dipped since then. So even if his numbers in 2020 actually look close to 2017 outside of those sample numbers, donít you think him going to a team with familiar coaching and as good if not better talent than 2017 should produce results close to 2017?

    Not saying itís going to happen but taking out stats that got him overall to a MVP type run to prove a point without looking at his surroundings is silly. With what heíll have in 2021, I feel more confident that he can still be mediocre on 1st and 2nd yet still be very good overall.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •