Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i get it and the officiating was def 1 way no doubt. It was bad... But it wont matter man. The heat and bucks are the perfect teams to end us. Ben simmons and curry as good as they are are easy to cover. Zone up/sway away from ben and even curry to a point... double and triple joel and just switch and adjust if you are these teams. You have ben sitting in the clint cappella spot not shooting and curry on the other side of the court away from joel with a super slow release which means teams even when joel passes out can just switch back over. We cant and wont ever win with a pg who cant do anything in the half court. Ben is a damn good player but he cant be our pg here with joel. Its wasting joel
    Then it's up to Doc to coach around his teams deficiencies. There are 17 playoff eligible players this season. If Doc can't find 5 guys to beat a matchup zone 4 of 7 games, it falls on him.

In my opinion I'd use Ben as Joel's sub, and have them play little to no minutes together against Miami in the playoffs. Teams are allowed to activate 15 guys this season per game.

I wouldn't just chalk up the number 1 seed being a lost cause. Don't get me wrong, that Heat zone was a buzz saw last season but with travel and HCA this season maybe it will be less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Then it's up to Doc to coach around his teams deficiencies. There are 17 playoff eligible players this season. If Doc can't find 5 guys to beat a matchup zone 4 of 7 games, it falls on him.

In my opinion I'd use Ben as Joel's sub, and have them play little to no minutes together against Miami in the playoffs. Teams are allowed to activate 15 guys this season per game.

I wouldn't just chalk up the number 1 seed being a lost cause. Don't get me wrong, that Heat zone was a buzz saw last season but with travel and HCA this season maybe it will be less effective.
    Thatís interesting and a good strategy imo but how many mins are you leaving for Ben? Iíd want Joel to play as many mins as he can handle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Thatís interesting and a good strategy imo but how many mins are you leaving for Ben? Iíd want Joel to play as many mins as he can handle

Ben either starts shooting or only logs 10 to 15 MPG in that series, with maybe a couple few minutes of overlap, situationally. Obviously could be more depending on foul trouble, injury, fatigue, and covid positives.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    wow suns get bailed out on another unbelievable soft foul call.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    oh and covington a 82% ft shooter missing two. yikes.
    Yeah that was a tough end of the game for Portland.

Ben either starts shooting or only logs 10 to 15 MPG in that series, with maybe a couple few minutes of overlap, situationally. Obviously could be more depending on foul trouble, injury, fatigue, and covid positives.
    Yeah, that's nuts. They can play together they just need to use ball movement to get lanes open for Simmons and he HAS to shoot when he gets a wide open makable shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah, that's nuts. They can play together they just need to use ball movement to get lanes open for Simmons and he HAS to shoot when he gets a wide open makable shot.
    In case itís been missed, heís been taking jumpers at the elbow and step back fade aways at the free throw line lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    He won't though, he's proved that. Nuts or not, if it wins the series, that's all that matters.

Teams cut guys minutes or bench them all together in playoff series every year. The playoffs is about health and matchups. If Ben won't shoot, dude has to sit. 76ers just got bodied last night by the zone. Heat bodied the higher seeded Pacers, Bucks, and Celtics with that same zone last playoffs.

Put pride aside or ride the pine [emoji1745]

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yeah that was a tough end of the game for Portland.
    yeah I was pissed cause it means the Jazz probably have to try the last two games when tonight could have locked up the #1 seed while instead they have to try against the kings who might be pissed they lost by 50 last time.

So I know the Rockets are terrible and their broadcast crew has been one of the worst in the league for years now, but I had to turn on tonight's game to watch Bill Worrell's last game calling the Rockets. I've been watching the Rockets since I was 7 years old (going on 27 years), and he's been the voice of Rockets basketball on TV that entire time, including a good 20ish years calling Astros games.

It could be the three beers I've had tonight, but it's hard to not get emotional hearing him tell stories and talk about the franchise he loves. Even in a season as dreadful as this one, it's a good reminder how much sports mean to us and how much we love the teams we root for. And I'm legitimately excited about some of these young guys. Even with the worst record in the league, I truly look forward to next season and watching these young guys compete. But I'll miss Worrell's voice in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    So I know the Rockets are terrible and their broadcast crew has been one of the worst in the league for years now, but I had to turn on tonight's game to watch Bill Worrell's last game calling the Rockets. I've been watching the Rockets since I was 7 years old (going on 27 years), and he's been the voice of Rockets basketball on TV that entire time, including a good 20ish years calling Astros games.

It could be the three beers I've had tonight, but it's hard to not get emotional hearing him tell stories and talk about the franchise he loves. Even in a season as dreadful as this one, it's a good reminder how much sports mean to us and how much we love the teams we root for. And I'm legitimately excited about some of these young guys. Even with the worst record in the league, I truly look forward to next season and watching these young guys compete. But I'll miss Worrell's voice in the background.
    That's some real fan **** right there!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

All the while messing with the Clippers playoff seeding.

another west breakdown.

1. Jazz-one win or 1 loss from the suns gives this spot to the jazz
    2. suns can't fall lower then 2. have to go 2-0 while the jazz lose their last one. against a spurs team that has nothing to play for wouldn't be surprised if they can go 2-0 so its on the jazz to beat a kings team playing for nothing
    3. so this is where things get SUPER interesting. Nuggets have 1 game left and the tie breaker over the clippers. HOWEVER, if they beat the Blazers that puts them into the 7 seed and the Lakers into the sixth seed. so if the Lakers win tomorrow I bet the Nuggets try very hard to lose this game.
    4. Clippers. so they lost on purpose to avoid the lakers in the first round cause now either the nuggets win and get the 3rd spot and a possible dance with the lakers, or they lose and the clippers get the 3rd seed, but as stated before it can't be the lakers.
    5. Dallas-if they beat the twolves the 5 spot is theirs. if the Blazers win and the mavericks lose the blazers can be a 5 seed.
    6. if the blazers lose and the lakers win their next two the blazers fall to 7th. otherwise its the blazers
    7. if the lakers lose once in their next two games, or the blazers win their game they are stuck in the playin as the 7th seed.
    8. what an amazing coincidence that the two teams who really want the 8th seed get to play for it sunday. whoever wins sunday gets the 8th seed play in and the other gets the 9th seed play in. just for reference if all games between the 4 play ins where 50/50(obviously its not) the 8th seed would have a 75% chance of making the playoffs and the 9th seed would have a 25%. it super matters sunday.
    9. just see 8
    10. spurs are locked in baby. this is why I think the Jazz have to win their game. Spurs have nothing to play for at all other then pride.

so mostly likely finish 1. Jazz 2. Suns 3. Clippers 4. Nuggets 5. Mavs 6. Blazers 7. Lakers 8. total toss up 9 same 10. spurs.

All the while messing with the Clippers playoff seeding.
    should be noted if you don't read my writeup, the clips lost on purpose cause they can't face the lakers now and can still get the #3 seed cause the Nuggets aren't going to be trying to get the lakers so they probably lose on purpose.

Please basketball gods I beg of you to make a way for Boston to slide down to the 8th seed.

imagine being the 6 seed last year and getting swept by the celtics to being the number 1 seed with ease this year in a conference with the bucks that added holiday and the nets that added kyrie/harden/durant and now have to face the hottest team in the wizards as an 8th seed... jesus christ kiss the ring. Embiid is a god.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast