Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 25.00%
  • Sox Win Series

3 75.00%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Minnesota Twins (12-20) @ Chicago White Sox (19-13) | 5/11 - 5/13

Minnesota Twins (12-20) @ Chicago White Sox (19-13)
    Guaranteed Rate Field - Chicago, IL. | 5/11 - 5/13

Tuesday May 11, 2021 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Kenta Maeda, RHP (2-2, 5.02 ERA) vs. Dylan Cease, RHP (2-0, 2.37 ERA)

Twins: Maeda was scheduled to pitch Sunday against the Detroit, but the game was postponed. He will be pushed back two days to the highly anticipated match up against the White Sox. He made his first scoreless appearance of 2021 in his last start.
    White Sox: Cease won't get to hit Tuesday against the Twins after going 3 for 3 in his victory last Tuesday against the Reds. He carries a 2.37 ERA and a 13 inning scoreless streak into his fourth career start against start vs. Minnesota.

Wednesday May 12, 2021 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN & MLBN
    JA Happ, LHP (2-0, 1.91 ERA) vs. Dallas Keuchel, LHP (1-1, 3.79 ERA)

Twins: Happ has been the Twins' most consistent starter to begin the season, with two or fewer runs allowed in each of his first five appearances. He'll face the biggest challenge against the White Sox who are 21-1 against left handed starters dating back to last season.
    White Sox: Keuchel pitched well enough to win against the Reds last Wednesday, allowing two hits and three walks against one strikeout over seven scoreless innings, but ended up with a no decision. The southpaw has a 2.25 ERA over his last four starts covering 24 innings.

Thursday May 13, 2021 @ 1:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Michael Pineda, RHP (2-1, 2.43 ERA) vs. Carlos Rodon, LHP (5-0, 0.58 ERA)

Twins: Pineda was fine in his first outing after taking a comebacker off his right wrist, with two runs allowed to the Rangers in six innings. He has allowed more than two runs in only one of his first six starts this season, with 32 strikeouts and seven walks.
    White Sox: Rodon's run of dominance continued vs. the Royals last Friday, as he improved to 5-0 with a 0.58 ERA in five stellar starts this season. Rodon has a 0.677 WHIP and has struckout 44 in 31 innings against 12 hits allowed and nine walks.

Huge series against the Twins, Maeda destroys right handed hitters. He's also been really good as of late, hopefully the Sox can knock him out and get to the struggling Sox bullpen.

Thinking the Sox take two with the possibility of a sweep if they can beat Maeda.

Need to get to Maeda early. He's had his fair share of struggles this season.

Loving the Day off to refresh our Arms before we go Minny/KC/Minny. We are showing signs of a big breakout month. These next 3 series are key though. We need to handle the teams that are struggling before we close with the Yankees/Cards/O's/Indians. That could be a tough stretch, minus the O's.

I agree the time is now. I said we'd win one, but this is the home series. I think we can take two. The weather is pointing to a small ball series.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

This is also a statement game for Cease. It's his chance to show that he can be consistent. 3 straight good good starts will do wonders for his growing confidence.

Cease has the talent to be a low to sub 1.00 WHIP. That could and should come to fruition once we no longer have to question his confidence level. Beating a division rival, struggling or not, and a quality pitcher struggling or not, is just the thing he needs.

This starting rotation is reminding me of the 1983 and 2005 staffs. Solid, and deep rotation that has almost formed a friendly competition where each starter wants to do his part and keep the train rolling, or get the team back on track if one has a bad outing. None of them wants to be considered the week link.

A staff like that usually wins a lot of games and is usually resistant to losing streaks.

I know it's not true, but man it seems like we have more days off than we have games played recently.
    Even the schedulers gave I think the Indians and the Reds scheduled back to back days off this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I know it's not true, but man it seems like we have more days off than we have games played recently.
    Even the schedulers gave I think the Indians and the Reds scheduled back to back days off this past week.
    Weíve had a lot of off games lately. Itís been a perfect recipe for success though. Early season we played a lot of consecutive games. Our BP was struggling, and our starters werenít getting deep. With no reset, the bullpens problems seemed to be multiplying rather then improving. It seems like the off days have started to right the ship with our pen.

It was a combo of off days mixed with a double header where we only pitched 1 inning from the pen. That was a turning point for our pitching. Sprinkle in some big leads and big deficits where we had low leverage bullpen usage, and that helped too. Early on it was high leverage every game it seemed. Thatís never a good thing for a bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Weíve had a lot of off games lately. Itís been a perfect recipe for success though. Early season we played a lot of consecutive games. Our BP was struggling, and our starters werenít getting deep. With no reset, the bullpens problems seemed to be multiplying rather then improving. It seems like the off days have started to right the ship with our pen.

It was a combo of off days mixed with a double header where we only pitched 1 inning from the pen. That was a turning point for our pitching. Sprinkle in some big leads and big deficits where we had low leverage bullpen usage, and that helped too. Early on it was high leverage every game it seemed. Thatís never a good thing for a bullpen.
    I agree, helpful, however I miss listening to them play (mostly radio, some TV, but I am usually doing other things)

I agree, helpful, however I miss listening to them play (mostly radio, some TV, but I am usually doing other things)
    Luckily it's been a busy month for me or I'm sure I would notice more. I'm being as unselfish as I can. These off days, and double headers have helped us more than anything to this point.

I love listening to Sox games on the radio

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

That Curve ball by Cease was something special

Need Cease to get us through 2 more clean innings, and let Kopech take the reigns. They said they'd use Kopech today and possibly start him in our split game double header later this week.

MVPito is getting hot?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast