Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

DK Metcalf runs a 10.37 100m sprint

DK Metcalf did not run fast enough in the 100 meters Sunday to advance to the finals in his professional track debut.

But the Seattle Seahawks wide receiver fared better than some expected for an NFL player competing against some of the world's top sprinters. With an official time of 10.37 seconds, Metcalf finished last among the nine in his heat and 15th among the 17 who competed in the USA Track and Field Golden Games and Distance Open in Walnut, California.

"These are world-class athletes," Metcalf said afterward on NBC streaming service Peacock, which broadcast the event, when asked whether he learned anything by competing in the event. "They do this for a living. It's very different from football speed, from what I just realized. So, like I said, just excited to be out here."

American Isiah Young had the lowest time of the first two heats of the 100 meters with a 10.09. The two times Metcalf beat were 10.38 (Derick Silva of Brazil) and 10.44 (American Maurice Eaddy).
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-15th-17-event

The guy is just an animal.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Just 10.37?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In light of what happened with Jawuan James Iím shocked him, the Seahawks, the NFLPA, and the NFL are all ok he still did this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5% slower than Usain Bolt's worst run.
    8% slower than Usain Bolt's world record.

Back in the late 1920s/early 1930s it would have been considered a fast run by competitive standards.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

DK Metcalf runs a 10.37 100m sprint

Metcalfs time itself isnít really that impressive, I mean there are high school kids that put up similar times.

What is impressive though is that metcalf is literally built like a linebacker and putting up these times. That is extremely impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Metcalfs time itself isnít really that impressive, I mean there are high school kids that put up similar times.

What is impressive though is that metcalf is literally built like a linebacker and putting up these times. That is extremely impressive.
    Yeah he's got 20 lbs on Usain Bolt.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

10.37 I could run it at 10.35 😁

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post

The guy is 6'4 230. It's impressive.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    The guy is 6'4 230. It's impressive.
    Yeah. Thatís exactly what Iím saying