Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Yankees @ Rays

Any word why Yanks started lefty Ford instead of Voit against a tough (good curveba!l) lefty Hill? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I do think Garcia deserves a shot but I also think they should give Tallion more time. Ultimately, an injury will probably work this situation out on its own.
    how much more time could tailon possibly need ? The guy has already been able to throw over 100 pitches in a game . With how anemic the offense has been I donít think they can afford to keep trotting him out there for a lot longer . I say next month give Garcia or king a shot until sevy returns

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Any word why Yanks started lefty Ford instead of Voit against a tough (good curveba!l) lefty Hill? Doesn't make any sense to me.
    Simple , they donít want voit playing on that artificial turf for three straight games right after coming back from his knee injury

I'd imagine to take it easy on Voit since he just got back from an injury and they want to ease him in. I know it is easy to live and die with every game, but it is a long, long season. No need to waste all their bullets before the postseason. Like everyone wanting Cole to be pushed to a complete game yesterday, it is pointless to push him that hard in the early season. Not to mention, this early in a 10 year contract. They need to preserve these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    how much more time could tailon possibly need ? The guy has already been able to throw over 100 pitches in a game . With how anemic the offense has been I donít think they can afford to keep trotting him out there for a lot longer . I say next month give Garcia or king a shot until sevy returns
    The team is doing fine with him. It would be different if they were struggling and badly needed an upgrade. Guys can take a long time to get back to where they were before TJS. Tallion has thrown around 30 innings which is absolutely nothing.

The team is doing fine with him. It would be different if they were struggling and badly needed an upgrade. Guys can take a long time to get back to where they were before TJS. Tallion has thrown around 30 innings which is absolutely nothing.
    Actually after tonight if he pitches one more inning he would have thrown 33 innings . And pitchers are never what they were before they had their second tommy John surgery . In fact pitchers more often than not, have their careers cut short after two TJ surgeries ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-mlb-pitchers/
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-13-2021 at 08:53 PM.

the yanks i think coming into today was ranked 24 out of 30 teams in runs scored per game.. this team is struggling so badly in terms of offense

he played 2 games in a row since coming back he was getting the night off..yanks do that..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the yanks i think coming into today was ranked 24 out of 30 teams in runs scored per game.. this team is struggling so badly in terms of offense
    Cole is the reason they are above .500 right now too

Pathetic hitting by the Yankees in that inning after that double by judge

I'd have to think that Ford just punched his ticket to SWB with that pathetic GIDP to end that inning.

I'd have to think that Ford just punched his ticket to SWB with that pathetic GIDP to end that inning.
    I have to agree but with Torres out for awhile and voit needing regular rest, I am doubting that happens

Really? Tauchman is bad ? He is hitting over .200 since going to the giants and getting playing time . Meanwhile 3 of the 4 outfielders the Yankees have are still hitting below .200 . And hicks is hurt yet again . Take off your blinders man , thus season , outside of judge the yanks outfield stinks . And with how injury prone hicks and judge are , I canít believe you see nothing wrong with that tauchman trade .
    Jesus Christ you really are trying to hype Tauchman up by saying is hitting over .200??? What a compliment. How could they ever afford to lose a guy like that?

Cole is the reason they are above .500 right now too
    Yeah the offense is struggling but the pitching is not. Voit should help the offense too.

Jesus Christ you really are trying to hype Tauchman up by saying is hitting over .200??? What a compliment. How could they ever afford to lose a guy like that?
    I am not trying hype tauchman up I am plainly showing that trading tauchman away was a mistake since he is not worse than what they are getting from Gardner , hicks or Frazier right now . And you canít deny that . I mean for Peteís sake , the outfield situation is so bad that we are discussing starting andujar in left field and he has very little experience out there . And we already know that wade is not an everyday outfielder . So now with hicks out there is basically no good outfield depth right now . And that is why cashman is a moron for trading tauchman . Not because of how good he is but because he traded away the only real insurance they have for centerfield after Gardner . I sure as hell would rather have tauchman at cf than Gardner or andujar or wade .

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast