Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 207

Thread: Yankees @ Rays

  1. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks do not play well in tampa they don't hit the bullpen pitches badly etc etc etc.. i would be shocked if the yanks win 2/3 in tampa
    This didn't age well.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,016
    Yankees say Luis Severino, scratched from his live BP session this morning with a stiff back, will throw tomorrow morning
    Looks like it really wasn't a big deal, thankfully

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    This didn't age well.
    yanks have scored 4 runs in 2 games the only reason the yanks did not lose both games is they gave up only 1 run

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Cole is the reason they are even above .500 right now . With his 5 wins
    he could easily have 7 wins if the offense scored or the bullpen did not blow his games..

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,481
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks have scored 4 runs in 2 games the only reason the yanks did not lose both games is they gave up only 1 run
    And your point?

    Oh. I get it. It's actually a compliment to the team that they found a way to win 2 games that were pitcher's duels and you think that could reflect well on the playoffs because in the last 5 years, they haven't been able to slug their way to wins and were eliminated because their pitching couldn't mitigate their poor hitting vs good pitchers.

    Got it. Yeah. I agree with that but not what you actually wrote.



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,481
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    as long as the MLB continues to allows extreme shift, situational hitting will always take a backseat, IMO
    I fully agree but it's kind of illogical for that to be the case. If guys were actually good hitters, they would simply hit the other way or bunt.
    To me it is the perfect time to actually hit to the situation and it's a gift.



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #142
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Cole is now at 56 strikeouts since his last walk. That streak is tied for third-longest this century, behind Liam Hendriks (77) in 2019 and Greg Maddux (61) in 2001
    Oh and BTW according to this morning's NY Post that last walk was an intentional pass.
    I was watching on the Ray's broadcast last night,and their color guy could not stop talking about how great Cole looked! He would say thing's like they might as well swing and hope for the best. The way that Cole had that fastball elevating was a thing of beauty! I would be willing to bet you can hear it buzz and whistle before it hit's Higgy's mitt. And yes I can see why Boone brought Chappy in the ninth,and looking back on that eight inning it does look like Cole emptied the tank there. Maybe i'm spicing it up a bit here but that game really reminded me of game 5 against the braves in 96.
    I really want Judge to stay healthy I really like him out there,did you notice his hustle on the sac fly? did you notice him calling off DJ and Luke on that fly ball in the ninth and using two hands to catch the ball? (fundamentals) Plus he's just such a great face for the franchise he always say's the right thing never gets into dumb trouble,he makes it very easy for me to root for him. He's just gotta stay healthy.
    I get your point about not scoring runs but I'll take the pitching getting us through right now. We need to pitch like this in October, when was the last time we could talk about the strength of this team being our staff? And just personal opinion I really enjoy a well pitched well played game with a good pace,I'll take 1-0 or 3-1 any night of the week,but that's just how I like the game played.
    Anyway we're only one game out of first,and a chance to sweep a team who's been a real pain in our butts tonight

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    And your point?

    Oh. I get it. It's actually a compliment to the team that they found a way to win 2 games that were pitcher's duels and you think that could reflect well on the playoffs because in the last 5 years, they haven't been able to slug their way to wins and were eliminated because their pitching couldn't mitigate their poor hitting vs good pitchers.

    Got it. Yeah. I agree with that but not what you actually wrote.
    my point is the yanks are one of the worst teams in baseball this year in scoring runs per game.. when they should be in the top 3 as they have been in recent years..

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,697
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks have scored 4 runs in 2 games the only reason the yanks did not lose both games is they gave up only 1 run
    and.....Good pitching beats good hitting. It's not how but how many.

    More clichés anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Dunno about you all but I actually prefer to see wins like the last two games than easy wins or wins with lots of hrs . Why ? Because low scoring wins make me more confident for the playoffs

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I fully agree but it's kind of illogical for that to be the case. If guys were actually good hitters, they would simply hit the other way or bunt.
    To me it is the perfect time to actually hit to the situation and it's a gift.
    Tampa got two cheapy hits bunting against the shift. That is exactly what it will take. Guys realizing they are giving you a freebie, take it.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Dunno about you all but I actually prefer to see wins like the last two games than easy wins or wins with lots of hrs . Why ? Because low scoring wins make me more confident for the playoffs
    The universe is about to implode. I agree completely.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    really sorry I have to explain this to you but,, I wrote he's pitched a terrific game,in the sixth inning there were three hard hit balls all in the air,yes they were all outs but maybe just maybe the man is getting tired and it's time to shake his hand thank him for a job well done and go to the bullpen???

    And that is your OPINION, nothing more nothing less
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    He is not worth wasting time on . I put him on ignore long ago and he still trolls me from time to time .


    LOL!!! And your worth responding to? That's hilarious. You keep saying you have me on ignore, yet you somehow manage to respond to my posts. And I don't troll anyone.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Probably no game folks.

    Now there are 7 positive cases....it is running rampant and the damn vaccine does nothing.

    Are you going to post "no game" every day? Just waiting for that dart to hit the bullseye, huh?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •