Thread: Yankees @ Rays

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Tue, May 11 7:10 PM EDT
    At Tropicana Field

Yankees
    Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    1-1, 4.41 ERA, 28 SO
    In his last start Wednesday against the Astros, Montgomery matched his longest outing of the season, throwing six innings in his second quality start. He will look to pitch even deeper while aiming for his first win since his season debut on April 5.
    The Yankees offense will expect a big boost from last yrs HR champion, Luke Voit, expected to return to the lineup Tuesday after missing the teams first 35 games.

VS

Rays
    Luis Patino
    RHP
    1-0, 1.17 ERA, 10 SO
    Rather than pairing Patio with Shane McClanahan on Sunday, the Rays held him back to start vs. New York. He's likely only built up to pitch 3-4 innings, but he's been lights out so far with four baserunners and 10 Ks in 7 2/3 IP over three outings.

Wed, May 12 7:10 PM EDT
    At Tropicana Field

Yankees
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    4-1, 1.61 ERA, 66 SO
    In his first meeting with the Rays on April 18, Cole took his only loss of the season, despite striking out 10 and allowing three runs (two earned) in 6 1/3 innings. He will look for a measure of payback when the Yankees head to St. Petersburg.

VS

Rays
    TBD

Thu, May 13 7:10 PM EDT
    At Tropicana Field

Yankees
    Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    1-2, 5.02 ERA, 34 SO
    Taillon has faced the Rays only once before in his career, tossing 6 1/3 scoreless innings on June 29, 2017, to help his former club (Pittsburgh) grab a win in shutout fashion. He will look for more of that success in the series finale.

VS

Rays
    TBD

Were in 2nd place now, lets hope we can keep winning series and stay ahead of the Rays. I think we see the offense score 10+ runs in one of these games and i'm picking Luke and Torres to have a big series

I'm curious why they're skipping Glassnow/
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    All were vaccinated?

Wow, that is nice reassurance.

MLB is always cautious so NO GAME is my guess.

It depends on who they contacted. We wont probably see the Yankees play until next week now. Didnt the Nats lose a week? Geez!

You need to stop making predictions. You're terrible.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    JM has pitched a terrific game but 3 hard hit balls in the 6th all in the air, Im calling it a night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three balls hit in the air. Just awful. DFA this bum now.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Very enjoyable last night and truly the type of game I like, well played ,well pitched,good pace,good D. Monty was terrific staying out of the heart of the zone,keeping the ball away all night.
    Judge HR to center of course but I really liked him going down and hitting that single to center.
    Loasiga, hes reminding me of Ramiro Mendoza! Being able to use him for two clean innings is a lethal weapon. I know the guy who pitches the ninth gets the press, but seriously how is what Loasiga doing for us any less valuable then Chappy in the ninth? And believe me I love what Chappy has done, my point is if you have a guy who can come in late and pitch two clean innings hes worth his weight in gold. And when Britton comes back I keep Jonathan right where he is, it only makes one of our strengths better.
    Sanchez goes the other way, but I wanna talk about that play in the ninth. Does he get a favorable bounce? He sure does, but he has the smarts to recognize that the runner took off from first and then he fires a strike to second to nail the runner. Hopefully baby steps with Sanchez and he gets his confidence back.
    Just one more thing, I know Gardy isnt hitting worth a lick but I love his D.

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Three balls hit in the air. Just awful. DFA this bum now.
    Perhaps you skipped the part where I said hes pitched a terrific game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I'm confused.
    I thought the Yankees won

But you know some think it's more important to dwell on the negatives.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Didn't miss a thing, skippy. Three balls hit in the air is not something to complain about. Those 3 balls hit the air accounted for 3 outs.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

There are quite a few people on this board that just look at a few words in a post and then go off on the poster .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    There are quite a few people on this board that just look at a few words in a post and then go off on the poster .

That's true, but I'm not one of those people.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Didn't miss a thing, skippy. Three balls hit in the air is not something to complain about. Those 3 balls hit the air accounted for 3 outs.
    really sorry I have to explain this to you but,, I wrote he's pitched a terrific game,in the sixth inning there were three hard hit balls all in the air,yes they were all outs but maybe just maybe the man is getting tired and it's time to shake his hand thank him for a job well done and go to the bullpen???

Let's all chill a bit. Good win. Exceptional performance by Monty.

Three hard hit balls, while they did result in 3 outs, were hit hard. I get the point. Let's move on.

really sorry I have to explain this to you but,, I wrote he's pitched a terrific game,in the sixth inning there were three hard hit balls all in the air,yes they were all outs but maybe just maybe the man is getting tired and it's time to shake his hand thank him for a job well done and go to the bullpen???
    He is not worth wasting time on . I put him on ignore long ago and he still trolls me from time to time .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    That's true, but I'm not one of those people.
    Neither am I. he's muted (Ignored). lol

There are also people who have patterns and deserve the responses they get.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 05-12-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    All were vaccinated?

Wow, that is nice reassurance.

MLB is always cautious so NO GAME is my guess.

It depends on who they contacted. We wont probably see the Yankees play until next week now. Didnt the Nats lose a week? Geez!
    Mush, the vaccines are thus far 100% effective reducing hospitalizations. That is the most important factor.
    J&J is only 60 or so % at stopping the virus but it still greatly reduces the severity to the point that no one has had to go to the hospital because of it.

Ignorance is bliss

yanks are 4-3 in games cole has started .. the yanks could have easily won all of cole starts. offense has been the issue.. this is a must win you cannot be 4-4 in games cole has started.. cole has not given up more than 2 earned runs in any game he has started this season..

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast