Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I dunno what to make of the Clippers. They certainly have all the talent they need, maybe this is the year since the Lakers look banged up and the Clippers have the defense to stop a team like the Nets. There are times they look unstoppable, but who knows with this Clippers team.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Essentially, he was playing alongside Kawhi.

He's paid like a first option, has never been anything more than a second option, at best.

And has now regressed.
    Siakam excelled playing off the ball as a 2nd option. Kawhi would command a double team every time he touched the ball and would kick out to Lowry or Siakam. Siakam as a result was either wide open or never had to create, it was catch and shoot or drive hard for an easy dunk or lay up.

Once KAwhi left, Siakam was thrusted in to that Kawhi role which is completely different. He has no idea how to handle double teams, and often forces thing, he panics in late game clutch situations because he has never had the ball in his hands to close out games. Its just a role that's not suited for him and the more its pushed on him the more he struggles.

The best comp I have for Siakam is Middleton. They get paid similarly but neither guy is going to carry a franchise or be a go to option. They are both suited to compliment the star, rather than be the star. When Kawhi bolted, Toronto simply didn't have any better options and Siakam was just coming of his most improved player season so they sorta of threw him in the deep end to see if he'll sink or swim and its pretty obvious that he sunk.

Toronto fans are not easy on him either. Ever since he got that contract hes been the whipping boy on FB, and Twitter etc. but its really not his fault. He is just being asked to do to much and isn't really capable to be THE guy.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-13-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    No. Not for Kawhi, not for LA. Hes given us the best Clippers squad ever, Kawhi is already a made man, him elevating the Clips is worth the gamble rather than staying in Toronto, who doesn't look very good right now.
    Who would look good after losing their best player though?

Take Giannis off the Bucks how good are they? take Embiid off the 6ers how good are they? Take Jokic off the Nuggets how good are they? its a star driven league. You take any teams best player and replace them with no one, and they'll fall out. Toronto lost Kawhi and still made it to the 2nd round, which was more than any of the fans expected honestly. This year the inevitable step back occurred and we were all kind of expecting that last year.

With that said, Kawhi isn't nearly done, he can still get another ring or two even and bring the Larry OB to the toenail clippers and when he does that he will be a god.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Yeah pretty much agreed. He's played at basically peak level for the past two season outside of 1.5 playoff games, and I don't he'd see much more success if he stayed with Toronto. Cat is sorta out of the bag on Siakam lol
    That team had incredible chemistry considering they were assembled in one off season. I don't think Siakam is by any means a bad player. Not every one is suited to be a franchise player, but Siakam has already proven he could be a 2nd option on a contender. He just cant be THE guy, and really how many of those players actually exists? maybe 12,13? if that. He just aint one of them, but he is still a pretty good player if he reverts back to a role that's suited for him.

Also this seasons struggles aren't simply due to Siakams inability to be a cornerstone type. In the last two seasons Toronto lost 4 key free agents which they never replaced with any one significant. After we lost Kawhi, Ibaka, Green, & Gasol our team defense dropped from 2nd to 22nd, and we had a glaring hole at the 5 + a depleted bench. Its really not all on Siakam. Anyone who follows the team will tell you they lost a ton of depth and a superstar in the span of 2 season, so this year was kind of inevitable. We replaced Ibaka and Gasol with Baynes for god sakes lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    That team had incredible chemistry considering they were assembled in one off season. I don't think Siakam is by any means a bad player. Not every one is suited to be a franchise player, but Siakam has already proven he could be a 2nd option on a contender. He just cant be THE guy, and really how many of those players actually exists? maybe 12,13? if that. He just aint one of them, but he is still a pretty good player if he reverts back to a role that's suited for him.

Also this seasons struggles aren't simply due to Siakams inability to be a cornerstone type. In the last two seasons Toronto lost 4 key free agents which they never replaced with any one significant. After we lost Kawhi, Ibaka, Green, & Gasol our team defense dropped from 2nd to 22nd, and we had a glaring hole at the 5 + a depleted bench. Its really not all on Siakam. Anyone who follows the team will tell you they lost a ton of depth and a superstar in the span of 2 season, so this year was kind of inevitable. We replaced Ibaka and Gasol with Baynes for god sakes lol

I totally agree that Siakam is a good player, and I think he potentially has a remarkable ceiling on defense if he can put it all together. I don't think he's necessarily bad on offense either, but after that calf injury he doesn't look the same athletically, and doesn't have the shooting and passing skill to make up for it. That could change of course, and who knows, maybe he rebounds physically as well at some point, but at the current moment he doesn't look like an All NBA guy, and probably shouldn't have made it last season.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Essentially, he was playing alongside Kawhi.

He's paid like a first option, has never been anything more than a second option, at best.

And has now regressed.
    Yeah but if his lift is gone, itís not like Kawhi gave him the ability to high rise

I totally agree that Siakam is a good player, and I think he potentially has a remarkable ceiling on defense if he can put it all together. I don't think he's necessarily bad on offense either, but after that calf injury he doesn't look the same athletically, and doesn't have the shooting and passing skill to make up for it. That could change of course, and who knows, maybe he rebounds physically as well at some point, but at the current moment he doesn't look like an All NBA guy, and probably shouldn't have made it last season.
    He started off last season as the second coming. He fooled me because I after how he played against the Lakers at the beginning of last season, he was filling up the stat sheet like Bron/Giannis/Westbrook

yeah youre right. maybe the injury along with the new role and expectations/contract etc.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    He started off last season as the second coming. He fooled me because I after how he played against the Lakers at the beginning of last season, he was filling up the stat sheet like Bron/Giannis/Westbrook
    he fooled our gm too lol ... thats how he got the max, dudes making 33 mill next year and 36 the year after that

I'm not going to say it's a bust because he went to the Clippers for other reasons. It's his home land

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    My bad, I meant the Warriors 1st and the Clippers 1st cancel each other out and then didnít add up the Wolves first. So a top 3ish pick and Wiggins? Almost feel like that Wolves pick about balances out taking on Wiggins.
    Wiggins isnít terrible. Iíd give up Wiseman and the Wolves pick along with Wiggins for Leonard.

Wiggins has been playing All NBA defense and heís been a net positive on offense. If Leonard wants to leave then the Clippers at least get some young talent and an improved Wiggins on both ends
    Last edited by COOLbeans; 05-14-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Wiggins isnít terrible. Iíd give up Wiseman and the Wolves pick along with Wiggins for Leonard.

Wiggins has been playing All NBA defense and heís been a net positive on offense. If Leonard wants to leave then the Clippers at least get some young talent and an improved Wiggins on both ends
    That sounds better with Wiseman. If Kawhi is gone anyway, then itís an option.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Siakam excelled playing off the ball as a 2nd option. Kawhi would command a double team every time he touched the ball and would kick out to Lowry or Siakam. Siakam as a result was either wide open or never had to create, it was catch and shoot or drive hard for an easy dunk or lay up.

Once KAwhi left, Siakam was thrusted in to that Kawhi role which is completely different. He has no idea how to handle double teams, and often forces thing, he panics in late game clutch situations because he has never had the ball in his hands to close out games. Its just a role that's not suited for him and the more its pushed on him the more he struggles.

The best comp I have for Siakam is Middleton. They get paid similarly but neither guy is going to carry a franchise or be a go to option. They are both suited to compliment the star, rather than be the star. When Kawhi bolted, Toronto simply didn't have any better options and Siakam was just coming of his most improved player season so they sorta of threw him in the deep end to see if he'll sink or swim and its pretty obvious that he sunk.

Toronto fans are not easy on him either. Ever since he got that contract hes been the whipping boy on FB, and Twitter etc. but its really not his fault. He is just being asked to do to much and isn't really capable to be THE guy.
    This pretty much sums up the situation with Siakim

Yes it would be seen as a failure. More for Clippers than it is for Kawhi but it would be a failure for both. Harden is under the most pressure to win now. Nets and clippers would be a huge failure if it donít translate to A championship.

Warriors be a easy way out for Kawhi. But good way to stay near home. Not so sure Clippers take back Wolves pick and Wiseman besides Wiggins though. But then again when a player demands out. Hands are somewhat forced. Also a year later after this season ends so two years of Wiggins contract.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast