Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Will Kawhi's move to LA be seen as a bust if the Clippers don't win the title

I would say yes, most definitely. Why? Because Kawhi left a perfectly good situation in Toronto to go home to LA and what has he done since coming there? Yeah sure you make New Balance commercials crowning yourself as the new King of LA with that crown in the background when driving up in that 64.

Not to mention Kawhi failed in the playoffs last year with Paul George. They both choked in the bubble against the Nuggets in the 2nd round in Game 7 no less. Kawhi was pretty much a non factor in that 4th quarter but then again so was Paul George. Fast forward, a year later and are the Clippers a better team this year than last? I would definitely say so especially once they got rid of Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell but also kept somewhat of the same core but added Reggie Jackson, Boogie Cousins, Serge Ibaka and Rondo which more or less has made the difference. I mean defensively they are a much better team than last year and offensively can you say they are better? Well yeah in the sense that Paul George has been ballin out more so than usual but then Kawhi too until he went down.

But then again, when it comes down to it, in the playoffs should Kawhi and PG13 fail yet again, then I wonder how long it is before Kawhi leaves LA? I mean you have no choice basically if you are Kawhi because you are not going to win a championship with Paul George as your co-star.

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Obvious yes. Literally won a championship and then left.

Obviously, it's championship or bust for Los Angeles. But I don't think there's the same danger of Kawhi leaving the Clippers, since he's already in Los Angeles.
    I also still think George is about the best you could hope for in a co-star, although there might be some inherent weaknesses in your two best players basically playing the same position. I'm not convinced that the Clippers wouldn't be better by pairing Kawhi with an elite scoring guard or big man rather than an almost identical do-it-all wing.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Obviously, it's championship or bust for Los Angeles. But I don't think there's the same danger of Kawhi leaving the Clippers, since he's already in Los Angeles.
    I also still think George is about the best you could hope for in a co-star, although there might be some inherent weaknesses in your two best players basically playing the same position. I'm not convinced that the Clippers wouldn't be better by pairing Kawhi with an elite scoring guard or big man rather than an almost identical do-it-all wing.
    Unless Kawhi left and jumped ship to the Lakers, Warriors or Kings to stay in California since he lives in LA well technically he lives in San Diego but still

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Unless Kawhi left and jumped ship to the Lakers, Warriors or Kings to stay in California since he lives in LA well technically he lives in San Diego but still
    I could see him going to the Warriors, if they can somehow offload Wiggins and Green ó the Kings not so much. But I'd bet more on him staying with the Clippers and George getting traded. On a side note, it would be both poetic and logical if the Clippers moved closer to Kawhi in San Diego. Los Angeles belongs to the Lakers.

I could see him going to the Warriors, if they can somehow offload Wiggins and Green ó the Kings not so much. But I'd bet more on him staying with the Clippers and George getting traded. On a side note, it would be both poetic and logical if the Clippers moved closer to Kawhi in San Diego. Los Angeles belongs to the Lakers.
    Been sayin it makes more sense for the Clippers to be in San Diego than LA but also if Kawhi does stay with the Clippers, then they are essentially screwed in trying to trade PG13 because he is on a super max contract 5 years $228 million to be approx and which teams are going to take on that contract? Given the draft capital the Clippers had to give up to get Paul George...what can the Clippers trade with to get him up out of there

If Kawhi goes to Golden State to join forces with Klay and Steph...they essentially would have to give up Wiggins, Oubre, etc. no way they give up Draymond to make that happen

Been sayin it makes more sense for the Clippers to be in San Diego than LA but also if Kawhi does stay with the Clippers, then they are essentially screwed in trying to trade PG13 because he is on a super max contract 5 years $228 million to be approx and which teams are going to take on that contract? Given the draft capital the Clippers had to give up to get Paul George...what can the Clippers trade with to get him up out of there

If Kawhi goes to Golden State to join forces with Klay and Steph...they essentially would have to give up Wiggins, Oubre, etc. no way they give up Draymond to make that happen
    Portland would gladly take on that contract. They've needed a forward like George for a long, long time.
    I guess Golden State could hold on to Draymond. That just seems a bit steep in the long-term. I guess it would ease the pressure on Wiseman playing with four studs like that.

Honestly think the Warriors wouldn't prefer Kawhi over Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Current Green? That would be insane.

And Harrison Barnes over KD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I get the sentiment here but I think it's a bit of a stretch. Kawhi's raw value has to supersede Dray's incredible fit with Steph. If this were 2016 Draymond you might be right

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Current Green? That would be insane.
    I'm not saying it's sane.

Kawhi if he left the Clippers to go join up with LeBron and AD and the crew by going to the Lakers, that would be like KD going to the Warriors essentially

Kawhi if he left the Clippers to go join up with LeBron and AD and the crew by going to the Lakers, that would be like KD going to the Warriors essentially
    Wasnít he close to going with Bron to the Lakers and thatís why the Clippers traded for Paul George, and then he picked them?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast