Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 305 of 313 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 4686

Happy Mother's Day!

Republican, Independent or Democrat we still need to show love for those who brought us into the world.

Mine died of cancer a bit over a year ago and my wife lost he's to COVID fairly close after. But we remember them this day and my sons have showered theirs with gifts and flowers.

Great day to take a break from the animosity and just reflect, enjoy and give love.

My mother also died of cancer, but back in 1963 (she was 37; I was 10), so in some respects I never really knew her, but I think of her often, and on this day especially.

That said, my wife’s mother is 94 and doing well. We will see her later today.

If only we could cherish more of that which is maternal in our communal activities.

I lost my mother in 2002, my wife in 2013 and my mother in law in 2016. My daughter is doing very well with her 2 kids and I have a girlfriend who's mother is 96 and still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    My mother also died of cancer, but back in 1963 (she was 37; I was 10), so in some respects I never really knew her, but I think of her often, and on this day especially.

That said, my wife’s mother is 94 and doing well. We will see her later today.

If only we could cherish more of that which is maternal in our communal activities.
    That's pretty rough buddy. On the other hand, you did turn out pretty good. Enjoy your day with those you have. I still have my 97 year old Papa. Knarly old Navy Chief. I will see him in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I lost my mother in 2002, my wife in 2013 and my mother in law in 2016. My daughter is doing very well with her 2 kids and I have a girlfriend who's mother is 96 and still going strong.
    Incredibly tough losses. Seems like you are coping well. Hope you are with people you love.

I'm doing fine. My girlfriend and I are going to get a few things for her house today. By the way, she doesn't have any kids.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I'm doing fine. My girlfriend and I are going to get a few things for her house today. By the way, she doesn't have any kids.
    Perfect.

The women in my family all make it to triple digits, the men have never made 80. My Mom has 11 years to get to 100.
    Last edited by Scoots; 05-09-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Mothers' Day is always a big day.. Mine is long gone but the squeeze is the best mother around and several daughters are following in her footsteps…they learned from the best.

……………

Any comments on the Mothers' Day thoughts and comments from our progressive Congresswoman Cori Bush. $175,000 a year for this trash.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There is more corruption in big business than there is in the Government.
    Okay? Businesses are for-profit. government is for-public. I expect businesses to be corrupt namely taking any advantage they can. I don't expect or shouldn't expect the government to be their accomplice. What exactly are you debating here?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Okay? Businesses are for-profit. government is for-public. I expect businesses to be corrupt namely taking any advantage they can. I don't expect or shouldn't expect the government to be their accomplice. What exactly are you debating here?
    Wait, so you expect business to be more corrupt and you still think we should be letting them handle things as opposed to our government?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Wait, so you expect business to be more corrupt and you still think we should be letting them handle things as opposed to our government?
    Businesses should be naturally more corrupt because their role isn't to serve the public. The government's role is to act as a public entity. I never once claimed that private businesses should handle things. I just stated that the government is so bad at their job that it doesn't make sense for them to keep taxing people (such as myself) if they can't even do the job that they are supposed to do. If they state that we need X dollars for Y project but Y project doesn't get done when they have X dollars, how is the government a necessity?

https://www.businessinsider.com/john...vietnam-2018-8

Never knew the details around McCain POW story. Pretty amazing stufff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Never knew the details around McCain POW story. Pretty amazing stufff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Trump was an absolute blow hard for giving him ****.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yep. Trump was an absolute blow hard for giving him ****.
    Agreed.