Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Until proven otherwise...same ****, different year. 6 playoff wins in 35 years combined with enough bad decisions to fill a clown car makes it impossible for me to give them the benefit of the doubt.

-Stork

How is it the same?
    New defense
    Good fs
    Two new good cbs
    A top de passrusher
    Two Upgrades at dt
    Good future prospects in deablo and Hobbs
    A true number one wr in brown(two 1,000 receiving seasons).
    Upgrade at backup rb
    An actual good runblocking rt

Looks like an upgraded team to me. And if we were 8-8 then we should be better right? We literally had the worst d in raiders history last year. Gotta be a better team

Then they should have no issues proving it in the field.

I hope they do. But I doubt they will.

-Stork

Every team in the league think they got better at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    How is it the same?
    New defense
    Good fs
    Two new good cbs
    A top de passrusher
    Two Upgrades at dt
    Good future prospects in deablo and Hobbs
    A true number one wr in brown(two 1,000 receiving seasons).
    Upgrade at backup rb
    An actual good runblocking rt

Looks like an upgraded team to me. And if we were 8-8 then we should be better right? We literally had the worst d in raiders history last year. Gotta be a better team
    I hear you, but we went into last season with the same optimism, thinking that we had retooled and improved at key positions. We do it every year. On paper we almost always look better. I totally understand the skeptics and the wait-and-see segment of the fanbase.

I think we will be better than last year. But I am not convinced yet that alone means we'll take the league by storm.

I just know this is the year that Gruden has to figure it out and post a winning season. If he doesn't, the sh** storm of public scrutiny and derision will roar in earnest. They will come for him and Mark...and they won't be wrong for doing so. They are already questioning some of the decisions made by Gruden, Mayock and co. They've got to win now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Every team in the league think they got better at this stage.
    Tell that to the saints, philly and Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I hear you, but we went into last season with the same optimism, thinking that we had retooled and improved at key positions. We do it every year. On paper we almost always look better. I totally understand the skeptics and the wait-and-see segment of the fanbase.

I think we will be better than last year. But I am not convinced yet that alone means we'll take the league by storm.

I just know this is the year that Gruden has to figure it out and post a winning season. If he doesn't, the sh** storm of public scrutiny and derision will roar in earnest. They will come for him and Mark...and they won't be wrong for doing so. They are already questioning some of the decisions made by Gruden, Mayock and co. They've got to win now.
    Many didnít have that thought going into last season. Including me. I was the first to say that Littleton wasnít as good as everyone thought. I liked that we had 1 upgrade on d. That was at mlb. Thatís it.

Now we have instant upgrades at cb with heyward and rasul. And have Mullen and arnette in an easier system.

Instant upgrade at de with yannick. Consistently over 8 sacks. Better than before.

Instantly upgraded at 3tech dt with Thomas, Jefferson and cle. Better than what we had before.

Instant upgrade at fs with a young guy that can cover in moehrig. Depth at both s positions with kj.

The only place we didnít upgrade is Sam lb. morrow and Littleton will be the weakness of our d. But if Littleton doesnít cut it, deablo will be in the wings to take his place . Maybe he replaces morrow? Anyways even if our d is ranked 20th, we will be dangerous. We were 30th and went 8-8

Many didnít have that thought going into last season. Including me. I was the first to say that Littleton wasnít as good as everyone thought. I liked that we had 1 upgrade on d. That was at mlb. Thatís it.

Now we have instant upgrades at cb with heyward and rasul. And have Mullen and arnette in an easier system.

Instant upgrade at de with yannick. Consistently over 8 sacks. Better than before.

Instantly upgraded at 3tech dt with Thomas, Jefferson and cle. Better than what we had before.

Instant upgrade at fs with a young guy that can cover in moehrig. Depth at both s positions with kj.

The only place we didnít upgrade is Sam lb. morrow and Littleton will be the weakness of our d. But if Littleton doesnít cut it, deablo will be in the wings to take his place . Maybe he replaces morrow? Anyways even if our d is ranked 20th, we will be dangerous. We were 30th and went 8-8
    We added Thomas but lost hurst. There are several of these types of changes this year. Including adding yannick but losing 3/5 of our oline.

Most teams look better to start the year, then potential meets reality and injuries deplete depth.

The main improvement for our team needs to be a result of improved coaching. So... I guess the way this year is different is that Bradley is here this year. Thatís hopefully good.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    We added Thomas but lost hurst. There are several of these types of changes this year. Including adding yannick but losing 3/5 of our oline.

Most teams look better to start the year, then potential meets reality and injuries deplete depth.

The main improvement for our team needs to be a result of improved coaching. So... I guess the way this year is different is that Bradley is here this year. Thatís hopefully good.
    I really believe that improved coaching is the key to our issues. We have had individuals who were good when they played for other teams and then all of a sudden their no longer good players. Some people have intrinsic motivations but many need extrinsic motivation to get them going and this is where good coaching gets the most out of the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    I really believe that improved coaching is the key to our issues. We have had individuals who were good when they played for other teams and then all of a sudden their no longer good players. Some people have intrinsic motivations but many need extrinsic motivation to get them going and this is where good coaching gets the most out of the talent.
    I agree, but there were many situations where there were a lot of missed tackles, and opposition getting wide open with no defender in sight. The players need to get it up too.

Talk is theyíre high on Dillon Stoner

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Talk is theyíre high on Dillon Stoner
    That's all it is, talk. They said the same thing about Keelan Doss and marcell ateman. Neither have turned out to be much. It's all talk until the real games start.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post

My thoughts on the o line was we didnít really have incognito(when healthy is a top og In the afc).

Hudson wasnít playing great last season. When James came in, he was very good. Looked better than Hudson at runblocking and held his own at pb.

Goode is as good, if not better than gabe.

Leatherwood will be better than young or Parker. Heís the only question. In my mind. I like heís a great rb. But darrisaw should have been the pick. He wasnít as good at rb as leatherwood, but was way better at pb.

What has hurst done? I was more heartbroken to see Irving go.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I agree, but there were many situations where there were a lot of missed tackles, and opposition getting wide open with no defender in sight. The players need to get it up too.
    The d was so bad last year that you could see the train wreck coming.

Funny how we had the worst d in the history of the raiders org and in the offseason geniuses were pointing the finger at carr. Lol

God forbid upgrade the d. Letís get another qb. That will improve passrush and coverage on the d backfield. Lol

My thoughts on the o line was we didnít really have incognito(when healthy is a top og In the afc).

Hudson wasnít playing great last season. When James came in, he was very good. Looked better than Hudson at runblocking and held his own at pb.

Goode is as good, if not better than gabe.

Leatherwood will be better than young or Parker. Heís the only question. In my mind. I like heís a great rb. But darrisaw should have been the pick. He wasnít as good at rb as leatherwood, but was way better at pb.

What has hurst done? I was more heartbroken to see Irving go.
    Injuries did deplete our oline, but the depth we had helped us overcome that. If (when) injuries happen this year, we will be really testing the additions on OL. Itís easy to say the guys now starting performer well last year, but when they go down, will our backups play at the same level?

And hurst didnít do much. Neither has Thomas. So itís an even swap?

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast