Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Raiders turn out in big numbers for voluntary OTAs
    By Vincent Bonsignore Las Vegas Review-Journal

"Leatherwood looked smooth, including an impressive period while working on block pick-up assignments against defensive line stunts.

I think coming from Alabama one of the biggest things he learned is he already kind of knew how to conduct himself like a pro, defensive end Cle Ferrell said."

19 minutes of footage from training camp today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIk2k8p1M9Y

To be honest not even sure if this allowed to be recorded but either way here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    B
    @_ChalupaBatman2
    Replying to
    @footballguruuu
    @VinnyBonsignore and @Raiders Tafur has reported that theyd prefer Good to stay in his swing lineman role and for Simpson to take the starting role. His contract also reflects that as he falls outside the top 30 paid guards.
    Before Raiders resigned Incognito I thought Simspon had a good chance to start. Will be interesting to see how this OTA/training camp goes. First images of ota's though have Incognito/Good as the starting guards.

Jourdan Rodrigue@JourdanRodrigue

Sean McVay confirms that the Rams will have a few joint training camp practices with the Raiders and Cowboys this summer.

People are really down on this team, I value their opinion but dont share it.

I was impressed by how we played last season. We played competitive with some top caliber teams, and beat some as well. The Chiefs and Saints stand out among them in my mind.

Covid hit us really hard and our bad defense turned into a non-existent defense at the end of the year. However that was the first group that resembled a solid franchise ive seen us produce in years. I think our coaching is great, we have a ton of young talent. People may not like our draft picks, however we are addressing positions of need that we often neglected in years past. We show loyalty to our own (K Miller) and cut the aging dead weight with bloated salaries (Brown, Hudson). I like what we are doing. If our defense can turn it up a few notches we are playoff team every year.

This is coming from a complete fire sale and rebuild after RM's exit so we have done great things is a short time in my opinion.

Why is Jacobs not there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Jourdan Rodrigue@JourdanRodrigue

Sean McVay confirms that the Rams will have a few joint training camp practices with the Raiders and Cowboys this summer.
    This will be a good test for our new look OL
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Why is Jacobs not there?
    Not sure. No information was released on it

Before Raiders resigned Incognito I thought Simspon had a good chance to start. Will be interesting to see how this OTA/training camp goes. First images of ota's though have Incognito/Good as the starting guards.
    Simpson has nice size and measurements, but he needs to get a lot lot stronger, stay on his feet and add more violence to his game. If Incognito and Goods violent play rubs off on him and he keeps improving his technique, he has the potential to be a very very good player in the future.

Is it too early to predict what our best position group will be? In the past it was the O-line without question, but is that still the case? And if so, is that a good thing, considering they dismantled it in order to improve elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Is it too early to predict what our best position group will be? In the past it was the O-line without question, but is that still the case? And if so, is that a good thing, considering they dismantled it in order to improve elsewhere?
    Looking at talent alone, RB should be our strength. And TE. If we go off potential, and assume coaching will help the young players, then the secondary is our strength. Filled with first rounders, early second rounders, and a couple very good vets... this group has a very high ceiling. Its all up to coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Until proven otherwise...same ****, different year. 6 playoff wins in 35 years combined with enough bad decisions to fill a clown car makes it impossible for me to give them the benefit of the doubt.

-Stork
    [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Levi Damien
    @LeviDamien

Richie Incognito said after the injury he "wanted to come back, kick *** and play another couple of years for the #Raiders."
    Incognito is almost 40 and is coming off of what seems to be an increasingly more frequent Achilles issue. It's a sign. Father Time is no longer knocking on the door, he's let himself in, helped himself to a glass of Aberlours single malted, settled into your most comfortable chair and is reaching for the cigar box and remote.

Another couple years? I'll never question a warrior's self-confidence or determination, but I think Incognito is being overly optimistic. It's good that he's becoming more of a vocal leader, but I think the depth of our line will be tested this season.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast