Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    And they're already in their 3rd full season rebuilding, that's an issue. One could really say they used LeBron's last season to start the rebuild too. So 3.5 seasons into a rebuild and all the have is a big guy who may not wanna be there and could play on his QO next season and walk for nothing, yikes.

I'd say a complete tear down of the roster, coaching staff, management, and ownership is in order. Until they pull a full Clippers tear it down to the studs and force a sale, this team is doomed.
    Some rebuilds take longer than others, especially when you mortgage your future to the extent Cleveland did to contend with LeBron. The overpay of Love only set them back more.
    I think they need to focus first on keeping Allen. If he's cooler with Garland than Sexton, then keep the former and trade the latter. He's a restricted free agent, so they can do what's necessary to keep him. But they've got a decent young core and several guys they can sell off for assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If I'm Cleveland, I still build around Sexton, Garland and Okoro. I would definitely keep Jarrett Allen but I would definitely trade Kevin Love and also get rid of other players too like Nance, Osman, etc.
    Trading Love alone with no incentive or assets attach probably means not many teams want Love. Also Cavs are a rebuilding team so I wouldn't want to give up any assets to dump Love in a trade either. Most playoff teams probably rather scoop him up as a buyout in a year or so. Love could be stretch provision as well. If anything it's Love for another bad contract.

And they're already in their 3rd full season rebuilding, that's an issue. One could really say they used LeBron's last season to start the rebuild too. So 3.5 seasons into a rebuild and all the have is a big guy who may not wanna be there and could play on his QO next season and walk for nothing, yikes.

I'd say a complete tear down of the roster, coaching staff, management, and ownership is in order. Until they pull a full Clippers tear it down to the studs and force a sale, this team is doomed.
    When they get to season 15 of the rebuild THEN they'll get it right ... or maybe Gilbert will run out of money and have to sell before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    When they get to season 15 of the rebuild THEN they'll get it right ... or maybe Gilbert will run out of money and have to sell before then.
    Not trying to be morbid but I'm not positive Dan Gilbert has 15 years left.

Hes not even 60 yet. Despite having a stroke it sounds like he was lucky with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most hated sports team owners are immortal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12