Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most Cavs players want out

https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/statu...998462465?s=20

From Sam Amico:

Sam Amico
    @AmicoHoops
    ·
    1h
    Cavs have now lost a league-high 9 straight, own just two more wins than last year’s shortened schedule and about 88 percent of the team wants traded. Other than all that, things are great.
    Sam Amico
    @AmicoHoops
    Replying to
    @AmicoHoops
    One recent ex-Cav texts in response: “lol I wouldn’t say most of the players WANT traded but most would WELCOME a trade for sure. ... culture is bad ... no lottery pick gonna fix bad culture! Only desire to win from ownership/front office will!”
    Big problems in Cleveland stemming from the top down, with players wanting out or welcoming a move out. Outside of the Lebron years this franchise has struggled, especially with Gilbert at the helm. Is it time for this team to be forced to sell or maybe forced to bring in an advisor much the way the Sixers were?

i mean there's not a single player on the Cavs that's not expendable. Garland is a cool player, and probably worth keeping around. Sexton is essentially Jamal Crawford, and has a future as a microwave scorer off the bench but that's about it. Dude can't close games because of his defense and tunnel vision.

Larry Nance Jr. has turned into a good player, but has the type of skill set that would shine a competent playoff level team. Cavs should deal him while his value is peaking.

They should have traded Love at any point if they had the opportunity. He is either injured or disgruntled and his contract is no joke.

I agree with VC Garland is the only piece worth keeping and I'll add Allen to that list since they just traded for him. Aside from that they should really have a fire sale.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/statu...998462465?s=20

From Sam Amico:

Big problems in Cleveland stemming from the top down, with players wanting out or welcoming a move out. Outside of the Lebron years this franchise has struggled, especially with Gilbert at the helm. Is it time for this team to be forced to sell or maybe forced to bring in an advisor much the way the Sixers were?
    It pretty much always comes down to the same thing ... bad owners result in losing teams. It's not 100% but it's ALWAYS the trend.

We have a perfect example in Houston ... Fertita takes over and the record goes 65, 53, 44, 16 (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It pretty much always comes down to the same thing ... bad owners result in losing teams. It's not 100% but it's ALWAYS the trend.

We have a perfect example in Houston ... Fertita takes over and the record goes 65, 53, 44, 16 (so far).

Fertita is now by far the worst owner in the NBA, Dan Gilbert is up there too. Who would have ever thought James Dolan was no longer the worst owner in the league and the Knicks would be sitting at top 4 in their conference.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

Fertita is now by far the worst owner in the NBA, Dan Gilbert is up there too. Who would have ever thought James Dolan was no longer the worst owner in the league and the Knicks would be sitting at top 4 in their conference.
    The Knicks have always been inconsistent under Dolan, can they maintain where they are? I'm not sold yet.

For reference, in the decade before Dolan took over the Knicks averaged 49 wins a season, in the 20 years since they have averaged 32 wins a season with only 1 season over 50 wins.
    Last edited by Scoots; 05-08-2021 at 04:09 PM.

There are 18 guys currently on the roster, I wonder who the 88% of guys are?

Anyway, they should attach compensation and trade Love this summer or just buy him out since he shares the same agent as Blake Griffin. Trade Sexton, he's a chucker. If Allen won't sign an extension then try to sign and trade him to a suitor. That or match whatever offer sheet he gets and move him next trade deadline.

Trade Nance for a 1st round pick. Let Varejao and Delly's contracts expire, trade/waive Windler, waive all of Dotson, Wade, Stevens, and Kabengele. If they can move off that Osman contract, for sure do that. Get rid of Martin. If Hartenstein wants to come back on a cheap multi year deal, I don't see why not. Use Prince to match salaries on a deal or just keep him and let him expire, doesn't matter either way.

Slide Okoro to 2, let him start in the backcourt with Garland. Convert Thomas to a cheap standard multi year deal. Use whatever lottery pick to draft a decent young talent.

Fire Bickerstaff (Mike Brown 3.0), fire Koby Altman, try to force Dan Gilbert out since he's not even running the day to day anymore after his stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Knicks have always been inconsistent under Dolan, can they maintain where they are? I'm not sold yet.

For reference, in the decade before Dolan took over the Knicks averaged 49 wins a season, in the 20 years since they have averaged 32 wins a season with only 1 season over 50 wins.
    Believe me Saying Fertita is worse is not by any means a compliment to Dolan. But I give the Knicks credit for doing a proper rebuild and finally getting back to relevance.

I go
    Fertita
    Dolan
    Gilbert
    Who ever owns the Kings

Believe me Saying Fertita is worse is not by any means a compliment to Dolan. But I give the Knicks credit for doing a proper rebuild and finally getting back to relevance.

I go
    Fertita
    Dolan
    Gilbert
    Who ever owns the Kings
    Honestly, the craziest part to me is the Knicks have like $70+ million in cap space this summer.

Agreed

Well lottery teams are suppose to lose. Once LeBron left it would be. Not sure why Cavs paid Love a new deal. Now him bad mouthing the team and doing stupid stuff on the court. He paid a lot for a buyout. Doubt teams trade for him. Not much junk left.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Well lottery teams are suppose to lose. Once LeBron left it would be. Not sure why Cavs paid Love a new deal. Now him bad mouthing the team and doing stupid stuff on the court. He paid a lot for a buyout. Doubt teams trade for him. Not much junk left.
    Cavs probably just praying LeBron returns a 3rd time, tbh.

If I'm Cleveland, I still build around Sexton, Garland and Okoro. I would definitely keep Jarrett Allen but I would definitely trade Kevin Love and also get rid of other players too like Nance, Osman, etc.

There's nobody on that team with the hutzpah to be demanding a trade. If the Cavaliers can buy out a superior player like Drummond, they should definitely be willing to buy out Love.
    That said, I would trade Garland or even Sexton, if the right deal comes around. You can't have two guards that small in the same back court. I think Sexton is the better player. But I can see an argument for trading him instead, given some of the troubling signs about how he meshes with teammates and is catered to by the organization.
    Prince, Nance and Cedi should be able to get Cleveland a pick back in a trade. They should re-sign Allen at all costs. He's more valuable to me than any of the guards.
    I'd roll with a core of Sexton or Garland (RIP Sexland), Okoro (Sexoro, Okland?), Allen and whoever you draft. This team is still at the beginning stages of a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    There's nobody on that team with the hutzpah to be demanding a trade. If the Cavaliers can buy out a superior player like Drummond, they should definitely be willing to buy out Love.
    That said, I would trade Garland or even Sexton, if the right deal comes around. You can't have two guards that small in the same back court. I think Sexton is the better player. But I can see an argument for trading him instead, given some of the troubling signs about how he meshes with teammates and is catered to by the organization.
    Prince, Nance and Cedi should be able to get Cleveland a pick back in a trade. They should re-sign Allen at all costs. He's more valuable to me than any of the guards.
    I'd roll with a core of Sexton or Garland (RIP Sexland), Okoro (Sexoro, Okland?), Allen and whoever you draft. This team is still at the beginning stages of a rebuild.
    And they're already in their 3rd full season rebuilding, that's an issue. One could really say they used LeBron's last season to start the rebuild too. So 3.5 seasons into a rebuild and all the have is a big guy who may not wanna be there and could play on his QO next season and walk for nothing, yikes.

I'd say a complete tear down of the roster, coaching staff, management, and ownership is in order. Until they pull a full Clippers tear it down to the studs and force a sale, this team is doomed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast