Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    looking at the FA's if you don't land a homerun with a Kawhi type is there even much out there to consider better than what we have? Will they even fit, will the chemistry be the same, why mess with what works?

Some are so fixated on the point of us always needing that big signing, i don't think that's true unless it's a Kawhi type or a trade happens we can't refuse.

this team we all know needs a starting PG, we all love Rose and IQ and i'm not even sure if we get the right guy Thibs would have to play 4 guards big minutes.

We have a SF who plays two sides and can be had for around 8-10m and he has amazing chemistry with our best player and now Rose, so that has a ton of value.

there is no way anyone can't trust the FO, and just stop with we didn't trade up for Ball, that is total BS, give our 8 pick and Mitch who wasn't even starting at that point, Noel was in front of him, anything to bash the Knicks when your a fan, don't get it.

obviously this FO has done something right, and we are 38-30 so stop the nonsense, and lets see who and how they handle this FA and how they handle our draft picks, there is no way this team is putting three rookies on the roster, no way.

D Rose is playing at another level but I think that's more to do with the fact that he's playing with Thibs as his coach and Rose coming off the bench

But even if Randle has a bad game, he still impacts the game

KL got a good look at Randle Rose and RJ yesterday and gotta wonder how far he can take this team especially thibs who is a better coach.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    KL got a good look at Randle Rose and RJ yesterday and gotta wonder how far he can take this team especially thibs who is a better coach.

I'd absolutely love Kawhi. What kills me is that people here would love Kawhi who turns 30 next month but wouldn't want to trade for Dame who is 30 and will be 31 in July. I mean I feel like Dame is more durable than Kawhi who often gets his load management. Granted Kawhi would just cost money and no assets but With Dame in the East I think we could be a top 2-3 seed as soon as next season in the east, Imo.
    Don't get me wrong Kawhi moves the needle big time. But if we can't get him there should be nothing stopping us from putting all our chips on the table to get Dame.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I'd absolutely love Kawhi. What kills me is that people here would love Kawhi who turns 30 next month but wouldn't want to trade for Dame who is 30 and will be 31 in July. I mean I feel like Dame is more durable than Kawhi who often gets his load management. Granted Kawhi would just cost money and no assets but With Dame in the East I think we could be a top 2-3 seed as soon as next season in the east, Imo.
    Don't get me wrong Kawhi moves the needle big time. But if we can't get him there should be nothing stopping us from putting all our chips on the table to get Dame.
    Couple things, but Randle needs the ball, and Kawhi has to have the ball, if not why get him, and then Dame is the ball, so while on paper its fantastic not sure how it translates, but would be fun to watch.

I'm not even sure it can happen to be honest, if we pick up Kawhi and keep assets for trading then do we have what it takes to trade cap wise for Dame, those are two massive contracts.

We get Kawhi, look what he did for Toronto, with Randle and RJ and Rose, and Mitch and IQ me for one don't need to get more greedy lol, that would be something else, that alone is a pipe dream but hey what we've seen in this league since 2010 talent going to Miami, well who the heck knows

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Some ppl have just built a narrow vision to championship they care more about winning championship with certain untouchable prospect instead of just winning a chip.

One thing i've been noticing, is pregame, during the game when guys enter and post game, Rose gets nothing but love from the best of the best and last night i saw pregame, and then when he entered the game and when Beverly came in he gave him a huge hug and after the game he got another one from Rondo.

I am really beginning to feel a top player will come because of Rose here and the level of play he's at will only increase our chances. Thibs change in coaching style with the added Knicks success and then add in the Play of Randle, and the young 20 yr old, a defensive stopper and slammer in Mitch, IQ and Rose off the bench and 3 and D guy like Bully, a vet like Taj for just in case and not sure how that is not attractive.

You pay Rose, why? Show the rest of the league Knicks have respect you let a guy that while a Knick has put them on the map the record is off the charts in top of the league area and don't pay him who's coming? And he's the ultimate team guy, so pay the man.

Kawhi being in LA really has nothing to do with basketball reasons, so I'm not sure why people think because we beat them in a tough game he would jump ship.

He's there because he's from there, and he wants to play close to home. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Couple things, but Randle needs the ball, and Kawhi has to have the ball, if not why get him, and then Dame is the ball, so while on paper its fantastic not sure how it translates, but would be fun to watch.

I'm not even sure it can happen to be honest, if we pick up Kawhi and keep assets for trading then do we have what it takes to trade cap wise for Dame, those are two massive contracts.

We get Kawhi, look what he did for Toronto, with Randle and RJ and Rose, and Mitch and IQ me for one don't need to get more greedy lol, that would be something else, that alone is a pipe dream but hey what we've seen in this league since 2010 talent going to Miami, well who the heck knows
    That's a good problem to have who will have the ball Randle or KL/Dame it's better then thinking of Frank Dsjr Mudiay PG rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Kawhi being in LA really has nothing to do with basketball reasons, so I'm not sure why people think because we beat them in a tough game he would jump ship.

He's there because he's from there, and he wants to play close to home. Simple as that.
    Partially true, you think he goes there without the PG13 happening? having that roster? If you watched them lately I think they will miss Lou Williams a heck of a lot. Having to put Rondo and Beverly on the court is just a step up from having Frank and Payton on the court, their bench took a huge hit, missing Harrell hurts as well.

Not only that team really can't make moves so they are who they are, once Kawhi gets paid Clips will be over 150m so think of the Lux tax as well.

you may be right but it appears to me Kawhi is a winner, and a fierce competitor the being home thing if he feels he can win elsewhere he will.

Now if he again has no success getting out of the West in the playoffs they lost to Denver last year and didn't even get to the West finals so if there is a repeat you think this competitive guy in his opportunity to leave actually will stay?

also the East is still less competitive even though the dynamics have changed with the top three, but in the West you can make an argument for 8 teams, or more, and next year GS will be even better getting players back, and NO will have another year under it's belt.

Joining a team that is hovering 4th place and adding a top player in the league in the East has to be attractive but I thinks the Knicks need one more move at PG to make even more enticing.

Superstars would love to have a strong bench, Clips used to have the best that changed. Knicks could have a great bench

looking at the FA's if you don't land a homerun with a Kawhi type is there even much out there to consider better than what we have? Will they even fit, will the chemistry be the same, why mess with what works?

Some are so fixated on the point of us always needing that big signing, i don't think that's true unless it's a Kawhi type or a trade happens we can't refuse.

this team we all know needs a starting PG, we all love Rose and IQ and i'm not even sure if we get the right guy Thibs would have to play 4 guards big minutes.

We have a SF who plays two sides and can be had for around 8-10m and he has amazing chemistry with our best player and now Rose, so that has a ton of value.

there is no way anyone can't trust the FO, and just stop with we didn't trade up for Ball, that is total BS, give our 8 pick and Mitch who wasn't even starting at that point, Noel was in front of him, anything to bash the Knicks when your a fan, don't get it.

obviously this FO has done something right, and we are 38-30 so stop the nonsense, and lets see who and how they handle this FA and how they handle our draft picks, there is no way this team is putting three rookies on the roster, no way.
    Yea I think a lot of guys we toss around that are going to require multiyear deals that are fringe upgrades are not worth pursuing. Examples being Nunn and Duncan Robinson. I'd rather bring back Rose and Bullock and let Brock Aller go moneyball hunting for one year deals before giving guys like that bigger deals.

I would pursue a PG at all costs, and getting Lonzo is still my top priority because he is 23 and a swiss army knife and puts Payton in the rearview. Lonzo, IQ, Rose, and the Euro is a solid guard rotation that can all play 1 or 2 - then you add RJ, RB, and whoever we draft.

I'm souring a bit on all the SGs. Bullock is playing like a top tier 3&D guy. I think a bloated 1-2 year deal for Derozan or a big contract for GTJ should still be options in certain scenarios but with our turnaround in closing games, how good Rose, RB have been, the fact that we need to add PG and we also have IQ/RJ I'm just not sure we need to throw someone in the mix at SG who needs 30 mins.

I do worry that without enough upgrades we could regress next year if we don't inject some more legit talent, but I think we also have to have faith on the young guys progression and the stability that Thibs culture brings.

At some point we need to make the big trade though. We almost have too many assets/young guys to field roles and running out of time to pounce. I suppose going moneyball hunting for one year deals in lieu of handing out big contracts to fringe guys would position us better for that big trade next year.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 05-10-2021 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

Agreed but I think NY intrigued him last time we were just so bad. I think we have a shot, the Clippers are going nowhere but downhill from here and he has got to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Some ppl have just built a narrow vision to championship they care more about winning championship with certain untouchable prospect instead of just winning a chip.

That's exactly right.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Partially true, you think he goes there without the PG13 happening? having that roster? If you watched them lately I think they will miss Lou Williams a heck of a lot. Having to put Rondo and Beverly on the court is just a step up from having Frank and Payton on the court, their bench took a huge hit, missing Harrell hurts as well.

Not only that team really can't make moves so they are who they are, once Kawhi gets paid Clips will be over 150m so think of the Lux tax as well.

you may be right but it appears to me Kawhi is a winner, and a fierce competitor the being home thing if he feels he can win elsewhere he will.

Now if he again has no success getting out of the West in the playoffs they lost to Denver last year and didn't even get to the West finals so if there is a repeat you think this competitive guy in his opportunity to leave actually will stay?

also the East is still less competitive even though the dynamics have changed with the top three, but in the West you can make an argument for 8 teams, or more, and next year GS will be even better getting players back, and NO will have another year under it's belt.

Joining a team that is hovering 4th place and adding a top player in the league in the East has to be attractive but I thinks the Knicks need one more move at PG to make even more enticing.

Superstars would love to have a strong bench, Clips used to have the best that changed. Knicks could have a great bench
    I don't know if he goes to the Clippers without PG13, but he also had the ability to go to the Lakers instead. I don't think he was picking a non-LA team.

I don't think Kawhi's main concern right now in terms of picking a team is winning a championship. He won a championship with the Raptors and left right after to go home to LA.

Plus, the Clippers are flat out better than us. So I'm not seeing how we're more attractive unless we add another major piece.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Agreed but I think NY intrigued him last time we were just so bad. I think we have a shot, the Clippers are going nowhere but downhill from here and he has got to know that.
    LA team era is coming to end Denver Jazz and Suns are better and more fun to watch.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast