Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Man this **** is intense. I don’t think I’m emotionally ready for a playoff series.
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    They should almost treat it like RBs in the NFL. They already have Mitch as a starter. Draft a player to be the backup. If they bring back Noel, trade Mitch. It’s a luxury to have both. Can’t invest that much in the position unless it’s one of the top guys.
    Indeed, my brother. Might make it possible to re-sign Noel because he may not get a huge payday for that very reason. However I could see Dallas over paying for him.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I just want to add, Obi from 3, Obi down low, Obi under control in the flow of the offense and playing good D. He is a good player. Just thought I would add that.
    To be fair with Obi, I think it's not really easy for any rookie to play under Thibs, and the improvement Obi has shown lately is just a proof that he is a player that can be coached and I believe he will be a good player in time. Thibs is a no non sense coach and he'll surely have a short leash on rookies. This is not about stats, this is about how you contribute to winning and playing the right way with Thibs. If Anthony Edwards is our rookie, he might be in the doghouse.

Man this **** is intense. I don’t think I’m emotionally ready for a playoff series.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    To be fair with Obi, I think it's not really easy for any rookie to play under Thibs, and the improvement Obi has shown lately is just a proof that he is a player that can be coached and I believe he will be a good player in time. Thibs is a no non sense coach and he'll surely have a short leash on rookies. This is not about stats, this is about how you contribute to winning and playing the right way with Thibs. If Anthony Edwards is our rookie, he might be in the doghouse.
    I'm a person who defended Obi when others said he was trash and I took grief for it. I agree with what you said. Obi is a high character young man which allowed him to survive Thibs. I am glad we drafted him. I would have preferred Vassell or Haliburton on draft night. Yet, when we drafted him I got it. Others here called him a bust and hurried him without giving him a chance. It's all in black and white

I'm a person who defended Obi when others said he was trash and I took grief for it. I agree with what you said. Obi is a high character young man which allowed him to survive Thibs. I am glad we drafted him. I would have preferred Vassell or Haliburton on draft night. Yet, when we drafted him I got it. Others here called him a bust and hurried him without giving him a chance. It's all in black and white
    Bruh you gotta unquote me.

As far as the vets, specifically Rose, Bullock and Noel, let Noel walk. Try to bring back the other two on reasonable deals.
    With most of the league in offensive mode, I dont even think Noel will get offered much anywhere else. Hes done very well for us, but I dont think hes been productive at the level where teams will go crazy for him, but it only takes one.

Bruh you gotta unquote me.
    I'm drunk, what I do wrong, lol ?

They should almost treat it like RBs in the NFL. They already have Mitch as a starter. Draft a player to be the backup. If they bring back Noel, trade Mitch. It’s a luxury to have both. Can’t invest that much in the position unless it’s one of the top guys.
    I hear you I don’t trust Mitch health let alone his IQ on defense just yet but I can see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    I hear you I don’t trust Mitch health let alone his IQ on defense just yet but I can see your point.
    Only one year of him getting injured and both major injuries were broken bones. If it were muscle or ligament related and if this was a thing for more than one year, I would be more concerned. A broken hand and foot is just unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    my predictions, Rose 2/18m, RB 3/30m, Noel 3/24m
    Looks super light for Rose. Rose has been our 2nd best player and we’ve been one of the best teams in the NBA (22-10 — .688 winning pct) when he plays. I think he gets 2/25 at least. Bullock looks right.

I’d try to bring Noel back for 2/15. Otherwise let him walk.

Only one year of him getting injured and both major injuries were broken bones. If it were muscle or ligament related and if this was a thing for more than one year, I would be more concerned. A broken hand and foot is just unlucky.
    I give you the hand being unlucky. Yet, the foot ? A 7 footer with a foot problem can be very worrisome and a death blow to a career. My wife broke her foot years ago in a freak way, she did not require surgery and she got a bone stimulator to help her healing from the doctor to stimulate blood flow to the foot. So I know feet can heal well and quickly. Depends on what the team doctors think. Love to have him long term. He was a second round and steal. Drafting him was great and made up for drafting Knox.

Did the Knicks impress Kawai ? If we get him free agency we can fill out the team with Rose, RB and maybe Noel. The team will move forward with our draft picks and have future picks for future players or trades. We would have a great three to four year window

Did the Knicks impress Kawai ? If we get him free agency we can fill out the team with Rose, RB and maybe Noel. The team will move forward with our draft picks and have future picks for future players or trades. We would have a great three to four year window
    If we get Kawhi we also probably get Lowry or trade for dame

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Looks super light for Rose. Rose has been our 2nd best player and we’ve been one of the best teams in the NBA (22-10 — .688 winning pct) when he plays. I think he gets 2/25 at least. Bullock looks right.

I’d try to bring Noel back for 2/15. Otherwise let him walk.
    not a crazy figure, but OTOH Rose has been pretty damn good for years now TBH, and had been getting vet min until he finally got $7m from DET. Now he'll be 33 next season. Not sure the demand is there to pay him $12.5m per year. Nor do I think he wants to leave, as long as we make a respectable offer and at least a slight raise I think he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Nobody has cap space. You think teams are just dolling out 15M for Reggie Bullock?!
    Facts

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

This was my hope all along, win or lose. Definitely enough cap space to max kawhi and re-sign rose, RB & Noel.
    If "playoff P" has another bad showing in the playoffs this season I think that is more than enough reason to give him pause and strongly consider the Knicks this summer.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast