Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    looking at the FA's if you don't land a homerun with a Kawhi type is there even much out there to consider better than what we have? Will they even fit, will the chemistry be the same, why mess with what works?

Some are so fixated on the point of us always needing that big signing, i don't think that's true unless it's a Kawhi type or a trade happens we can't refuse.

this team we all know needs a starting PG, we all love Rose and IQ and i'm not even sure if we get the right guy Thibs would have to play 4 guards big minutes.

We have a SF who plays two sides and can be had for around 8-10m and he has amazing chemistry with our best player and now Rose, so that has a ton of value.

there is no way anyone can't trust the FO, and just stop with we didn't trade up for Ball, that is total BS, give our 8 pick and Mitch who wasn't even starting at that point, Noel was in front of him, anything to bash the Knicks when your a fan, don't get it.

obviously this FO has done something right, and we are 38-30 so stop the nonsense, and lets see who and how they handle this FA and how they handle our draft picks, there is no way this team is putting three rookies on the roster, no way.
    The draft picks we have are an interesting resource. Do they trade them before the draft or on draft night if they are indeed going to be traded ? One thing we know is the front office does not tip their hands. Who know what they are going to do, I don't. I could see them doing all kinds of things drafting players to use and develop, packaging picks to move up, using the picks in one deal or in several trades to get veterans. They can do lots of things. In free agency get Kawai or more likely someone else like Lowry. This team will do things we don't anticipate. I trust Leon Rose though, 100 percent and WWW

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Kawhi being in LA really has nothing to do with basketball reasons, so I'm not sure why people think because we beat them in a tough game he would jump ship.

He's there because he's from there, and he wants to play close to home. Simple as that.
    That's fair, but he's also a competitor. He might not have gone there if they were ran like the pistons or T'wolves.
    He wants to win, which is why he only committed once they got Paul George on board. So if Paul continues to fail at showing up during the playoffs it may give him reason to leave. Again, no one I think is holding their breath, however I think he would give us a more serious look this offseason than in 2019.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

I don't know if he goes to the Clippers without PG13, but he also had the ability to go to the Lakers instead. I don't think he was picking a non-LA team.

I don't think Kawhi's main concern right now in terms of picking a team is winning a championship. He won a championship with the Raptors and left right after to go home to LA.

Plus, the Clippers are flat out better than us. So I'm not seeing how we're more attractive unless we add another major piece.
    We are essentially the Clippers when Kawhi went there. I think these players have the foresight to picture what can happen with a little backroom dealmaking. Kawhi can come here and get someone to force a trade just like he did with PG13. LAC has no path to getting better for the foreseeable future.

It's probably a safe bet to think that after next year the Knicks are in a much better spot than the Clippers going into 2022, 2023, 2024 with or without Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    The draft picks we have are an interesting resource. Do they trade them before the draft or on draft night if they are indeed going to be traded ? One thing we know is the front office does not tip their hands. Who know what they are going to do, I don't. I could see them doing all kinds of things drafting players to use and develop, packaging picks to move up, using the picks in one deal or in several trades to get veterans. They can do lots of things. In free agency get Kawai or more likely someone else like Lowry. This team will do things we don't anticipate. I trust Leon Rose though, 100 percent and WWW
    It's not a bad thing to develop a bit of a farm system. Kind of like we are doing with Obi and IQ. Add a couple picks next year to develop off the bench. Rinse repeat.

I love Kawhi Leonard AND Damian Lillard.

Having said that Kawhi Leonard has a $36M player option left on his contract while Damian Lillard has $43M-54M per season left over the next FOUR years.

The NBA salary cap is ridiculous so that if one of these contracts end on a career ending injury, the team is stuck for a huge % counting against the cap until it expires.

Due to Allan Houston's unforeseen career threatening injury, the Knicks' lack of cap space bled into the Mike D'Antoni years.
    Then Amare's effectiveness from a pre-existing injury + Melo sign/trade + lack of draft picks bled from Donnie Walsh to Phil Jackson's tenure.

How to use cap space is a science.

Getting one player is nice but the Knicks have need(s).

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    We are essentially the Clippers when Kawhi went there. I think these players have the foresight to picture what can happen with a little backroom dealmaking. Kawhi can come here and get someone to force a trade just like he did with PG13. LAC has no path to getting better for the foreseeable future.

It's probably a safe bet to think that after next year the Knicks are in a much better spot than the Clippers going into 2022, 2023, 2024 with or without Kawhi.
    You're talking basketball reasons, but I'm saying Kawhi just wanted to go home, and he's home, so why would he want to leave?

You're talking basketball reasons, but I'm saying Kawhi just wanted to go home, and he's home, so why would he want to leave?
    If he stays that will be why. But I think it's always a mix of winning and lifestyle. I also think NYC intrigued him when we were in the gutter so now it might intrigue him even more. The NBA season isn't even half the year. I'm sure being in NY for half and LA for half is a suitable lifestyle for him. That's the hope at least.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    It's not a bad thing to develop a bit of a farm system. Kind of like we are doing with Obi and IQ. Add a couple picks next year to develop off the bench. Rinse repeat.
    I agree. The reputation is Thibs does not like rookies. However, has IQ and Obi been hard to coach ? If the Knicks scouting department identifies the players and skill sets they can get and they are useful perhaps the team goes in that direction if they don't find a trade that is better. I can certainly see them do that. I can also see trading the picks. I think their is reason to believe several possible routes. It will be fun.

havent even thought about Khawi, and partly because I'm sick of the idea of hired guns around the league. I honestly wouldn't trade spaces with BK right now, what we have going on is so much more organic and enjoyable. And I truly hope we can contend with RJ, Randle, Mitch, and IQ as centerpieces. It's another reason I wouldn't include RJ in jsut about any trade, evne if Beal is better than him and RJ never reaches that level. RJ is our guy. We will need another piece, but it doesn't have to be a top 5 player coming here in his 30's to save the day.

I don't know if he goes to the Clippers without PG13, but he also had the ability to go to the Lakers instead. I don't think he was picking a non-LA team.

I don't think Kawhi's main concern right now in terms of picking a team is winning a championship. He won a championship with the Raptors and left right after to go home to LA.

Plus, the Clippers are flat out better than us. So I'm not seeing how we're more attractive unless we add another major piece.
    Yeah if I remember correctly the stipulation for him to sign with the Clippers was if they traded for Paul George. That’s why both announcements happened at the same time.

He would’ve been a Laker if not. Probably should’ve been a Laker if he wanted to win a title. Him, AD and LeBron would’ve been one of the best Big 3’s of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    havent even thought about Khawi, and partly because I'm sick of the idea of hired guns around the league. I honestly wouldn't trade spaces with BK right now, what we have going on is so much more organic and enjoyable. And I truly hope we can contend with RJ, Randle, Mitch, and IQ as centerpieces. It's another reason I wouldn't include RJ in jsut about any trade, evne if Beal is better than him and RJ never reaches that level. RJ is our guy. We will need another piece, but it doesn't have to be a top 5 player coming here in his 30's to save the day.
    If we can sign KL, we should.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I think you’ll still have that feeling if they signed a player rather than traded for them. The Nets are unrecognizable from two years ago. Harris is the only player left. Even the coach is gone.

The Harden trade was just over the top. They were fine to root for from a fan perspective when they added KD and Kyrie to the core. Also firing Atkinson changed things. They scrapped everything that made them enjoyable.

Signing Kawhi is not the same thing if we keep everyone else here along with Thibs.

so question remove Kawhi from Clips and insert him on the Knicks who is better? And you have to take into account the RJ improving factor, IQ going into year two, what Rose has now accomplished and seems back to being a really good NBA player, the fact that Bully came out and is balling,

how about putting NY back on the map again? Knicks also have room for more moves where the Clips do not , so everything being equal and removing Kawhi, i'll disagree with that statement as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    so question remove Kawhi from Clips and insert him on the Knicks who is better? And you have to take into account the RJ improving factor, IQ going into year two, what Rose has now accomplished and seems back to being a really good NBA player, the fact that Bully came out and is balling,

how about putting NY back on the map again? Knicks also have room for more moves where the Clips do not , so everything being equal and removing Kawhi, i'll disagree with that statement as a whole.
    Yes, if you take Kawhi off the Clippers and put him on the Knicks, then the Knicks are better lol. Kawhi is the best player on either team.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast