Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Man this **** is intense. I don’t think I’m emotionally ready for a playoff series.
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    so thank you, teams that would need or want these two are contenders , not teams building so that said that is why i'm focused more on the MLE type money since that is what other teams can sign them for, you have to look at what teams have cap, is Dallas coming after Rose? No

Knicks will pay both and i'm guessing around 10m just over MLE and give multi year contracts with team option for year three. Thibs will not lose either player

guys on the bubble pending others signing are Noel and burks, and if they need to trade Knox for a bag of donuts if more cap is needed.
    So Knox and what else for a second rounder ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    That’s not even any different than what I said lol. I said 10-15 is a likely range, in response to anyone that was saying 8M would do it. I only showed the 15M salaries as an example of what guys like that get.

I was thinking like 2/20-24. Maybe a 3rd year
    Really you think someone can and will offer that? Who with cap space that also needs a PG? There aren't any i do believe

Really you think someone can and will offer that? Who with cap space that also needs a PG? There aren't any i do believe
    You just said 10ish per lol. That’s what I said

It’s not like that’s considered a large deal these days. I think it all depends how our FA pursuit is going. If we hit on early targets, there’s less leverage on the players end
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-09-2021 at 08:36 PM.

I just want to add, Obi from 3, Obi down low, Obi under control in the flow of the offense and playing good D. He is a good player. Just thought I would add that.

you have names of any players in Fa that will cost under 10m better than Bully right now?

Derozan is far from a 3 and D guy and he'll make est 25m

timmy is one dimensional and will get 15m min

I don't see any? And signing Rose and Bully don't stop us from signing others either we will still have 40m
    You can't have Bullock as starting SG his defense is not there against elite teams and you can't pay him 10mil to come off the bench unless your team is set. Looking at all this stacked teams with multiple stars I think it's bad idea to go spending cap on Reggie and Noel now Knicks need to secure atleast one star player first Rose is the only one worth paying because he's a PG.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    You just said 10ish per lol. That’s what I said

It’s not like that’s considered a large deal these days
    ok sorry the 15m through me off, I think these Knick players will want to stay here, they made us good again so why not stay to finish the job. They love Thibs and both thrive with him, I can't see them leaving and the 10m is a good number to use for now.

these guys aren't dumb they know we need to replace payton. They aren't leaving for a 10% differential they know what they got here

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I just want to add, Obi from 3, Obi down low, Obi under control in the flow of the offense and playing good D. He is a good player. Just thought I would add that.
    Hes def getting better, his cuts to the rim, knowing who to cut, where to cut, have been a massive improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Man this **** is intense. I don’t think I’m emotionally ready for a playoff series.
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Hes def getting better, his cuts to the rim, knowing who to cut, where to cut, have been a massive improvement.
    The FO has eye for talent. IQ, Obi plus who they signed in free agency. Great talent evaluators. Looking forward to the off-season. We should all be and let's be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    The FO has eye for talent. IQ, Obi plus who they signed in free agency. Great talent evaluators. Looking forward to the off-season. We should all be and let's be patient.
    Yeah thats what happens when you hire real basketball people and not a marketing guy.

It's not that rose and Wes are brilliant basketball evaluators, its that they know all the guys who are, and they can talk to those guys and get real inside info.

I've been a believer since day 1 that the CAA connection would work really well. We dont just have Rose and Wes working for us, we have their agency working for us, and all of their contacts and friends.

Thats a massive advantage.

Great win! Great season. If they stay in the 4/5 spot along with Atlanta, we could be looking at winning a round.

As far as the vets, specifically Rose, Bullock and Noel, let Noel walk. Try to bring back the other two on reasonable deals.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    As far as the vets, specifically Rose, Bullock and Noel, let Noel walk. Try to bring back the other two on reasonable deals.
    Agreed. I think Rose is a must at this point. Bullock is my 2nd priority. If we keep Mitch, Noel can be replaced by a rookie or another cheap vet. I think Taj is better than him at this point.

And we’d still have plenty to spend. I don’t think Burks is a priority, but I’d take him back on another cheap deal.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Idk Noel should be a priority too

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Idk Noel should be a priority too
    They should almost treat it like RBs in the NFL. They already have Mitch as a starter. Draft a player to be the backup. If they bring back Noel, trade Mitch. It’s a luxury to have both. Can’t invest that much in the position unless it’s one of the top guys.

I was on the keep Noel train but with Rose and Bullock earning contracts I think he’s expendable. We most likely pick up Mitch’s option, his injury has given us some leverage there. Taj comes back for vet min. Pelle is decent 3rd string. And Obi will be better and stronger and hopefully trusted more to play some C. We also have two firsts, one of which can be used on a big. I don’t think we need Noel back unless Mitch is traded.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast