Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Cool GT#68 Más Sagrado Knicks (37-30) @ Los Angeles Clippers (45-22): Mother's Day Madness

Fired Up: Despite falling 2-2 on a lethal six game road trip, the New York Knicks remain the #4 seed in the Eastern Conference. Next stop, Los Angeles..swimming pools, movie stars. A strong finish on this long road trip would not only send but a message but also raise morale.

Random Thoughts:

1. Disappearing in the 4th Quarter: Against the Denver Nuggets 4th Quarter + Phoenix Suns 4th Quarter General Julius Caesar Randle made one FG. RJ Barrett wasn't much better. Broadway Barrett made just 2 FGs, one from each 4th quarter match. A disturbing symptom when the top 2 talented, consistent and important Knicks on both ends are having trouble scoring.

2. Frank Zero: Sad to say. Last 6/10 games, Frank has been held scoreless. This kid just needs to play in the D-league, Summer League, International league. Completely rebuild his confidence. Unfortunately his time is done in New York.

3. Stumbling to the Post Season: The Knicks are coming off 2 straight losses with the Clippers and Lakers next. The Clippers have won 2 straight after losing 4. Both teams have to scrap for every win in order to hold/maintain their seeding. The Knicks have a 1 game lead over Atlanta for the 4th seed. If the Knicks lose next 2 games they could drop to 6th.

4. Kawhi Leonard and Paul George: This post season is a now or never with the LA Clippers. Kawhi has an opt out cleause. Get the feeling Kawhi is not happy on the Clippers. If Leonard leaves, devoid of draft picks for the next 4 seasons, I can see the Clippers de-evolve back to the Donald Sterling brand of habitual losers.

Shoud be a very interesting game. Hope for the best. Let's go KNICKS!!!!
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-08-2021 at 02:37 PM.

I wanna say Knicks but the Clippers have been on a roll too there is that

If Thibs doesn't learn to rest his starters more for the 4th quarter the Knicks are going to drop another game against the Clippers. Obi was having his best game on both ends of the floor and Thibs still pulled him instead of resting Julius. Frank and Knox need all of Quick and Burks minutes just that simple.

D.Rose can't be effective for more than 25 minutes so don't push it Thibs.

Let's see what Frank, Knox and Obi can do against that Clippers bench and Rose should start over Payton as well.

Thibs is blowing his COY honors.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    If Thibs doesn't learn to rest his starters more for the 4th quarter the Knicks are going to drop another game against the Clippers. Obi was having his best game on both ends of the floor and Thibs still pulled him instead of resting Julius. Frank and Knox need all of Quick and Burks minutes just that simple.

Let's see what Frank, Knox and Obi can do against that Clippers bench and Rose should start over Payton as well.

nah IQ and Burks need to have their own minutes, it's really that simple.

Immanuel Quickley (sprained left ankle) is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Clippers.
    Alec Burks (left knee contusion) is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    Immanuel Quickley (sprained left ankle) is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Clippers.
    Alec Burks (left knee contusion) is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Clippers
    Great we probably lose without IQ and burks

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post

Bingo.

For weeks I've been writing in the game threads how many minutes Julius Randle and RJ Barrett have been averaging per game. In the above post I've posted how production of the Knicks' 2 best players have dropped significantly during the 4th quarter in the last 2 games to virtually non-existent.

Very disturbing trend...
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-09-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Bingo.

For weeks I've been writing in the game threads how many minutes Julius Randle and RJ Barrett have been averaging per game. In the above post I've posted how production of the Knicks' 2 best players have dropped significantly during the 4th quarter in the last 2 games to virtually non-existent.

Very disturbing trend...
    I agree they are being overused but let's not say that's why we lost those games bkuz nobody brings it up when we win

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I agree they are being overused but let's not say that's why we lost those games bkuz nobody brings it up when we win
    Definitely. It's not the reason why the Knicks lost those games but it is something to be mindful as the Knicks get closer to the Playoffs. In a truncated season/schedule, the Knicks have been lucky no one has blown out their knee but wearing down is a legit concern.

The Knicks are escaping LA with a win...

I think we got this one. Going take a great effort if Q and Burks are out again but we played a great game against them last time, Barrett historically has had big games against the Clips, and this team just has grit. I'm pumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Just have to hope the Clips dont go nuts from 3. There shooting is incredible

https://twitter.com/nypost_berman/st...509788160?s=21

No Q or Burks

Knicks magic number is 3. They will lock up a top 5 with 3 wins, with a good shot at 4 seed. 2 wins most likely pushes them to 6.

These starts are getting absolutely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    These starts are getting absolutely ridiculous
    Payton should have been benched months ago

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast