Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Hold up -- TBH, I never really understood your statement when you said, "AD was scared to play the Clippers"

I'd like to know the context. This is what I'm assuming right now, what I get from what you're saying is that AD and the entire coaching staff weren't telling the truth when they decided to sit him out for that one game vs the Clips? that he wasn't really hurt and he used the injury excuse just so he could avoid the Clippers?
    He supposingly got "hurt" against the Clippers but played 39 mins the very next day? When has it ever taken AD 24 hrs to come back from an injury?

Yes I am saying he didn't want to play the Clippers. As for the coaching staff, they weren't gonna contradict AD, they had to go along with whatever AD told them.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Larkers are trying to avoid the Clippers in the 1st round and they are smart in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    He supposingly got "hurt" against the Clippers but played 39 mins the very next day? When has it ever taken AD 24 hrs to come back from an injury?

Yes I am saying he didn't want to play the Clippers. As for the coaching staff, they weren't gonna contradict AD, they had to go along with whatever AD told them.
    Okay, at least the wording of it all is clearer to me now. Here's my take:

I understand your frustration here, Tx. We all want the same thing and that is for the team to be at full strength. The regular season has been nothing but a huge disappointment for the Lakers. However, I'm not passing judgement until I see how LBJ/AD performs in the post season.. if the team does make it to the post season.

I don't know, if you ask me, yea I think AD can be placed in the 'soft' category and that we could always assume that he can make certain demands, maybe to the coaching staff to let him sit out certain games vs certain teams. Not sure, maybe its just me.. but I think this has been the teams' strategy for this super weird, injury plagued season -- you don't have to win em' all, just try your best to stay healthy and make sure you get into the playoffs.

I'll be branded 'Blams' if I use the word 'smart', like if I say it's the smarter decision (to sit out games than to build chemistry) lol

Personally though, I'm cool with that. Stay healthy, win what you can, survive the grind, save the best for last.

Offense has been super boring majority of the season.. almost Spurs like boring. I can't seem to remember any type of highlight plays, no lobs, no super dunks, etc etc. But to me, as long as they perform in the post season, as long as they compete in the post season for another championship, it's cool. I'll take Ws, not matter how ugly those Ws are.

Players can lie about injuries, they can sit out games, could be a problem heading into the playoffs, of course but I'd still give everyone from the coaching staff, to our all-stars and role players the benefit of the doubt. I think there are other players in the league who would do the same thing (fake injuries/sit games out), difference is, our team has delivered so far.

Currently, we stand at 2nd but for 90% of the regular season we've been #1 in defensive rating. Says alot about this Lakers team.

At the end of the day, we're still the defending world champs. Maybe AD is truly scared of the Clippers, maybe not.. for me it just doesn't matter coz that team, maybe perceived as 'scary' by league execs, opposing teams, fanbases, they still hasn't proven anything so until then... I won't give them credit
    Last edited by Mave1002; 05-09-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Actually, I don't see Kawhi Leonard staying with them if they fail to win a championship this year. Let's see if they can handle the pressure. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKXXZPk82Ek

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Larkers are trying to avoid the Clippers in the 1st round and they are smart in doing so.
    I see it like this: It'd be foolish to not have a feasibility study and assume that you could beat everyone.

Neither of your guys excuses for AD are adding up. You guys say he was scared to get hurt against the Clippers and now that we want the 7th seed. If them were the cases then why did he play a team high 39 mins against the Blazers?
    Maybe just to find his rythm which he did against portaland finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Maybe just to find his rythm which he did against portaland finally.
    they wanted that game. They lost

Hope you guys don't take it personally but AD wussed out against the Clippers, plain and simple. No matter what excuses you guys make for him they don't add up.

He went down against the Clippers with a twisted ankle and back spasms. They were so severe that he couldn't return to the game. The very next night he played 39 mins against the Blazers. What happened to his twisted ankle and back spasms? All of a sudden AD is a miraculous fast healer? You guys are saying that he was looking at the big picture and didn't want to get hurt, you guys saying it wasn't possible for him to get hurt against Portland? That doesn't add up and the thing that doesn't add up is the severity of ADs injury.

Now a few have said that we want to stay at the #7 to avoid the Clippers, I'm guessing that's excusing our loss to Portland. Again, if that was the case then why did AD play 39 mins, especially if he's trying to stay healthy? That doesn't add up.

Iron said that AD probably played 39 mins vrs Portland to find his rhythm. I think so too, but I don't buy that we didn't try and win this game. That we didn't want this win. Here goes what doesn't add up though concerning the Clippers game and why I say AD wussed out, he's says he couldn't return to the game. So his back spasms were so painfully bothering him that he couldn't return to the game but they went away 100% the very next day? This is where you guys contradict yourselves, you guys say it's cool for AD not returning against the Clippers because the more important thing is him healthy for the play-offs (I agree) but by that reasoning shouldn't he have sat out the Portland game as well? You know, so he can get 100% healthy.

The only thing missing in the Clippers game was for AD leaving the Clippers game on a wheelchair.

Hope you guys don't take it personally but AD wussed out against the Clippers, plain and simple. No matter what excuses you guys make for him they don't add up.

He went down against the Clippers with a twisted ankle and back spasms. They were so severe that he couldn't return to the game. The very next night he played 39 mins against the Blazers. What happened to his twisted ankle and back spasms? All of a sudden AD is a miraculous fast healer? You guys are saying that he was looking at the big picture and didn't want to get hurt, you guys saying it wasn't possible for him to get hurt against Portland? That doesn't add up and the thing that doesn't add up is the severity of ADs injury.

Now a few have said that we want to stay at the #7 to avoid the Clippers, I'm guessing that's excusing our loss to Portland. Again, if that was the case then why did AD play 39 mins, especially if he's trying to stay healthy? That doesn't add up.

Iron said that AD probably played 39 mins vrs Portland to find his rhythm. I think so too, but I don't buy that we didn't try and win this game. That we didn't want this win. Here goes what doesn't add up though concerning the Clippers game and why I say AD wussed out, he's says he couldn't return to the game. So his back spasms were so painfully bothering him that he couldn't return to the game but they went away 100% the very next day? This is where you guys contradict yourselves, you guys say it's cool for AD not returning against the Clippers because the more important thing is him healthy for the play-offs (I agree) but by that reasoning shouldn't he have sat out the Portland game as well? You know, so he can get 100% healthy.

The only thing missing in the Clippers game was for AD leaving the Clippers game on a wheelchair.
    Maybe something like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuJS0SBSac

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    I think ADs would've needed more cushion on the seat part for his soft arse, but yeah something like that.

Never gona take anything personal from anyone in here especially from you TX. Just really curious about what happens to the team post LBJ/AD. If they both take off at the same time as soon as their contracts expire.

Well, at least we have gotten off to a good start tonight.

Finally!! Gasol and Trez playing together.

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Finally!! Gasol and Trez playing together.
    +1

Alex Caruso with an early +16, hasnt missed a shot, zero TOs, playing through an injury. He'll be the most important piece out of the guard rotation, come playoff time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast