Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    The only thing more ridiculous than the ratcoon story is the mediaís indignant entitlement about it.

Itís a situation between teammates and they rightfully are keeping in house. They donít owe the media ****. Also, they ultimately gave them a better story.
    Nah. Donít want to be asked questions, donít make a scene for everybody to hear. Then donít insult people and the media by making up a stupid *** story regarding a dumb rat.

Media can ask all the questions they want. The Mets donít like that then well, they shouldnít have put them in a position to be asked questions like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Nah. Donít want to be asked questions, donít make a scene for everybody to hear. Then donít insult people and the media by making up a stupid *** story regarding a dumb rat.

Media can ask all the questions they want. The Mets donít like that then well, they shouldnít have put them in a position to be asked questions like that.

I'm somewhere in the middle on this. I fully support the media's right to ask the questions and find out what happened, but I also appreciate that the players have no obligation to speak on it. I don't think they insulted anybody by making up a story, especially since it's so obviously bogus that it's an admission in and of itself. It's not like they're genuinely trying to cover anything up. The story is ludicrous on purpose.

That said, it isn't a good sign for Lindor if he punched McNeil. Teammates argue, but a fistfight over a missed play? That's weak.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I'm somewhere in the middle on this. I fully support the media's right to ask the questions and find out what happened, but I also appreciate that the players have no obligation to speak on it. I don't think they insulted anybody by making up a story, especially since it's so obviously bogus that it's an admission in and of itself. It's not like they're genuinely trying to cover anything up. The story is ludicrous on purpose.

That said, it isn't a good sign for Lindor if he punched McNeil. Teammates argue, but a fistfight over a missed play? That's weak.
    McNeil will be traded this season. Lindor ain't going anywhere due to the crazy size of his contract. But Lindor rightly expects the Mets to put a good defensive team around him, something they don't have right now.

How many runs and how many games have they given up this year already due to shoddy defense.

Tommy Hunter starting tonight. Looks like another bullpen game.

It was supposed to be Lucchesi. Is he hurt or just sucks so they don't wanna pitch him? Why not start Yamamoto...

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    I smell Bobby Bonilla all over again. The Cohen's (Steve's great grandchildren) will be paying Lindor's grandchildren for the next 100 years just to buy Lindor out in a year or 2.

If Lindor hits Bonilla's triple slash as a Met he's in line to be one of the greatest shortstop ever.
    Last edited by Daaaarryyl; 05-08-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    The only thing more ridiculous than the ratcoon story is the mediaís indignant entitlement about it.

Itís a situation between teammates and they rightfully are keeping in house. They donít owe the media ****. Also, they ultimately gave them a better story.

Right, I mean I usually defend reporters (as a former journalism student) but once it's obvious the #1 question will not be answered---go to #2 which was WTF was that bunt about? Especially after that HR???

https://twitter.com/martinonyc/statu...33178090430472

Might be the smartest thing Martino has ever said.

Hunter coming out after 2 innings? Damn

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Should really be using a 1 inning pitcher here, use a pinch hitter in the bottom of the inning, THEN bring in the bulk man.

Now youíre just giving away an out at the top of the next inning.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Nice catch Pillar

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    Hunter coming out after 2 innings? Damn

I don't get it. He was at 17 pitches. He was dealing. Pitcher is up 1st. If the pitcher had of got up last inning I wouldn't even care, but it makes no sense.

I really hate seeing Mets pitchers not dominating the pitchers. What are they afraid of?

Gimmie a ****ing break with the catcher's interference in that one.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast