Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    May, Lugo, Castro.
    I dunno

Only guy I may think is better is Lugo and that’s a stretch.

Don’t get me wrong I worry when he comes in sometimes specially if he walks a guy because that’s the sign that he may not have it, but his swing and a miss stuff is elite level, just that when they make contact it gets hit hard and far.

Anthony Dicomo

This maybe an arbitrary cutoff point, but it's telling nonetheless: Since April 22, the Mets lead the Majors in bullpen ERA and it's not particularly close.

1. Mets, 1.71
    2. Marlins, 2.36
    3. Rangers, 2.38
    4. Indians, 2.47
    5. Nationals, 2.68

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Anthony Dicomo

In addition to locking down his second career save of at least five outs, Edwin Díaz hit 101.6 mph during the game's final at-bat.

It was the fourth-fastest pitch of Díaz's career, and his hardest since 2017.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I know Castro showed flashes last year but I never expected him to be this good. Familia has pitched his way out of being a dumpster fire. The stuff is there, its just a matter of command which is something he almost never seems to have. Hitters aren't barreling anything up though. Bullpens are fickle for a reason. Throw these same guys out there next year and I wouldnt be surprised if they **** the bed.

Defense still sucks. Offense hopefully continues improving. Let's just hope deGrom is fine and we get healthy.
    I’m not shocked Castro is doing what he’s doing, tbh. Once I hear how he was buying into Hefner and analytics, I knew he would take a step forward.

Familia has actually had pretty good command this year. Like yesterday, he allowed three weak hits and threw something like 26/31 pitches for strikes, when he’s right, he’s right.

You’re right about bullpens being fickle but there are some guys you can rely on. I think the three headed monster of Diaz-Castro-May is something that could be dangerous for a few years, at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    May, Lugo, Castro.
    I disagree... Like I said, when u look around the league at all team's closers, Diaz is a pretty solid option right now. And we have no idea if Lugo will be as good as he was when he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    Mets 1Bs have always been my favorites

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Ditto all the way back to Hodges and Throneberry.

Except for Bonilla and Montenez.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 05-09-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Anthony Dicomo

In addition to locking down his second career save of at least five outs, Edwin Díaz hit 101.6 mph during the game's final at-bat.

It was the fourth-fastest pitch of Díaz's career, and his hardest since 2017.
    He said the Mets told him to add about 10 pounds so he could add a bit more velocity as he got stronger. Seems like it has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He said the Mets told him to add about 10 pounds so he could add a bit more velocity as he got stronger. Seems like it has worked.
    Diaz could use a 3rd pitch imo. The new splitter has worked wonders for Aroldis Chapman (for example) but yeah you can definitely see the added velocity. I've seen 101 and 102 a couple of times when Diaz has pitched.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-10-2021 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I dunno

Only guy I may think is better is Lugo and that’s a stretch.

Don’t get me wrong I worry when he comes in sometimes specially if he walks a guy because that’s the sign that he may not have it, but his swing and a miss stuff is elite level, just that when they make contact it gets hit hard and far.
    Elite swing and miss stuff doesn't matter if you can't get the job done. I mean this was the first time in who knows how many tries he's actually completed a save of more than three outs for us, and you just flat out can't use him in non-save situations. And for as elite as his stuff is, his strikeout rate is way down, relative to his previous seasons.

We're all jazzed for what he did today, but you saw the competition, right? Arizona is atrocious right now. Not exactly some dazzling feat.

Team really needed this sweep.

Hope deGrom is okay. Maybe he should dial it back just a bit, seeing that he’s almost 33 years old.

This bullpen has been fantastic. When Lugo gets back it could be something special.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Team really needed this sweep.

Hope deGrom is okay. Maybe he should dial it back just a bit, seeing that he’s almost 33 years old.

This bullpen has been fantastic. When Lugo gets back it could be something special.
    i thought he tigers had the worst offense in baseball but after watching arizona they are much worse..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i thought he tigers had the worst offense in baseball but after watching arizona they are much worse..
    No the Tigers are still much worse and its not close.

I hate all these days off. We’re just starting to roll and here we are with another week with a 2 game series, ugh

Looks like an encouraging MRI for deGrom.
    That said, I don't understand why they aren't a bit more cautious with the best pitcher on the planet, and put him on the 10-day IL vs. "pushing his next start back". It's a matter of days, and would give us extra help on the roster in the meantime.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast