Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    List every teams closer and let's see where you rank him. There's not many shutdown closers. He's above average that's for sure and has been pitching fine since start of last season.
    I can name three guys on this team who would be better than Diaz.

That said, he did a nice job...against a completely lost offense. Good for him, good for us. He won't be the closer by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Bullpen has been the best part of the team imo, even with as great as the SP has been. Surprised because I am sure all of us were a bit worried about how it would shake out but they have some very good arms who are pitching well.
    Pen started shaky, but has been awesome since. Defense has been making tougher plays but still botching the easy stuff, and the offense is still pretty bad. Pitching should carry us if we can hit even just a little, though.

Bullpen has been the best part of the team imo, even with as great as the SP has been. Surprised because I am sure all of us were a bit worried about how it would shake out but they have some very good arms who are pitching well.
    Hefner deserves a lot credit for this. McCann too. The pitchers rave about McCann ability to call a game too bad heís been awful at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    Hefner deserves a lot credit for this. McCann too. The pitchers rave about McCann ability to call a game too bad heís been awful at the plate.
    McCann has been a pretty lousy pitch framer. Last year he was ninth in baseball with 2 runs saved and converting almost 52% of borderline pitches into strikes. This year he's 46th, having actually cost us a run on a 45% conversion rate.

I hope deGrom is okay but itís good to see the team pick him up when heís not at his best.

Conforto made some really good plays in the outfield, offense is kind of waking up but I want more homers, dammit.

Bullpen has been ecstatic, I didnít really see it as much of a problem but even the nobodies are stepping up and I couldnít have expected that.

Iíve always like Castro and think he has ace reliever potential, his fastball is ****ing filthy. Also really liked May, whoís also a really cool guy and actually talks to fans. Diaz I never gave up on and heís been outstanding, he finally looks comfortable.

Familia has shockingly been really really good. Heís not allowing hard hits at all. Iíve always liked Gsellman but Loup and SRF have been really pleasant surprises.

Definitely wouldnít mind adding another flamethrower later on, preferably a left hander. Lugo coming back is going to be gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

McCann has sucked offensively but heís been really good with the pitchers. Lindor also seems to be coming around, thank god. Dude finally looks like a good player but still super mortal.

Alonso has been a wonderful bright spot all around this season. Love that guy.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    McCann is the one guy I worry about offensively in terms of whether he will figure it out over the long haul. Went from being a mediocre bat to a good hitter in Chicago but there's only a season or so of games where that is the case. That said, yeah he is a hell of a game caller and a guy his teammates seem to love.

Mets sending deGrom for a MRI on his back apparently.

Mets sending deGrom for a MRI on his back apparently.
    Ugh. Let's hope it's not a torn lat like Thor had.

Only one man can save Gotham, time to send the signal and have him rise again.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    McCann has sucked offensively but heís been really good with the pitchers. Lindor also seems to be coming around, thank god. Dude finally looks like a good player but still super mortal.

Alonso has been a wonderful bright spot all around this season. Love that guy.

Mets 1Bs have always been my favorites

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I can name three guys on this team who would be better than Diaz.

That said, he did a nice job...against a completely lost offense. Good for him, good for us. He won't be the closer by the end of the season.
    THREE better closer options on this team? I disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    THREE better closer options on this team? I disagree...
    May, Lugo, Castro.

I hope deGrom is okay but itís good to see the team pick him up when heís not at his best.

Conforto made some really good plays in the outfield, offense is kind of waking up but I want more homers, dammit.

Bullpen has been ecstatic, I didnít really see it as much of a problem but even the nobodies are stepping up and I couldnít have expected that.

Iíve always like Castro and think he has ace reliever potential, his fastball is ****ing filthy. Also really liked May, whoís also a really cool guy and actually talks to fans. Diaz I never gave up on and heís been outstanding, he finally looks comfortable.

Familia has shockingly been really really good. Heís not allowing hard hits at all. Iíve always liked Gsellman but Loup and SRF have been really pleasant surprises.

Definitely wouldnít mind adding another flamethrower later on, preferably a left hander. Lugo coming back is going to be gravy.

I know Castro showed flashes last year but I never expected him to be this good. Familia has pitched his way out of being a dumpster fire. The stuff is there, its just a matter of command which is something he almost never seems to have. Hitters aren't barreling anything up though. Bullpens are fickle for a reason. Throw these same guys out there next year and I wouldnt be surprised if they **** the bed.

Defense still sucks. Offense hopefully continues improving. Let's just hope deGrom is fine and we get healthy.

Vizcaino is still on the team and I hope he gets a shot soon.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast