Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bears mulling decision to possibly leave Soldier Field in the near future

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...mpact-rookies/

Scroll down to #4.

The Bears do have a lease that runs through 2033 and the Bears do have one of the smallest stadiums in the NFL. A move to Arlington would give them space to build a bigger stadium. I had not even thought about the Bears moving out of Soldier Field before I read this piece. IDK what to think.
    Screw sabermetics.

Im down for that. Just make sure theres a parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd support that. I'm not a fan of Soldier Field.

Id doubt that will happen, besides the NFL wont let the bears break a 10 year lease.

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    Id doubt that will happen, besides the NFL wont let the bears break a 10 year lease.

They will if they realize the extra revenue theyd generate from having a bigger venue for the most rabid fan base in the sport. Plus they could host the Super Bowl in Chicago which would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    They will if they realize the extra revenue theyd generate from having a bigger venue for the most rabid fan base in the sport. Plus they could host the Super Bowl in Chicago which would be huge.

Oh ya being away from the lakefront in February would be a huge factor for getting a SB here

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    So dumb. All for a new field.... But 40 minutes outside of chicago. Give me a break. There is plenty of room to rebuild a stadium right there where soldier field is. I think people under rate how nice having a stadium right there in the downtown is. Your going to sell your soul to have a stadium way outside the city surrounded by parking lots.

Yes it needs to be bigger
    Yes it should have a removable roof.

But why so people want a stadium surounded. By asphalt in the middle of nowhere.

We are the Chicago bears right.... Not the Arlington Heights Bears.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

It's never made sense to have one of the smallest stadiums in the league given the market they're in. They likely save a ton of money moving outside of the city too.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It's never made sense to have one of the smallest stadiums in the league given the market they're in. They likely save a ton of money moving outside of the city too.
    Arlington is still in cook county though. And the bears lease the land with the parks district like the sox. So the idea would be to tax everyone to the tune of 600 plus million dollars for a new stadiumthats not in the city? Not a chance.

My first thought was they just remodeled. Then realized that was 2002. It kind of sucks but I would definitely go to more Bears game being that its closer and more accessible. Also tickets would be easier to get if they made a big *** Cowboys like stadium.

Really dislike the idea of moving to the suburbs but whatever. I don't go to games anyways.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I still hate the idea but had to hear that **** Lauri Lightfoot response which was to me so disrespectful. Saying they are under lease and the nfl won't let them move as opposed to showing any type of you know desire to keep the team there. Basically saying **** you guys your stuck here. And I still hate that ***** after she wanted the bears to do more for thr community in order to get fans in the stands while other cities open stadiums at least at limited occupancy.

Here is the quote I saw

I've seen a couple of reports. But a couple of data points that I think you should be aware of are the Bears have a lease with Soldier Field until 2033 and the NFL doesn't let any teams break their leases, Lightfoot said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....142936416.html

And BTW im not trying to turn this into a political argument. Fwiw I think everyone on both sides pretty much hates that ***** right now.

Kinda hope the bears Bluff hard on this moving idea to get the stadium rebuild the way it should have been originally.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I still hate the idea but had to hear that **** Lauri Lightfoot response which was to me so disrespectful. Saying they are under lease and the nfl won't let them move as opposed to showing any type of you know desire to keep the team there. Basically saying **** you guys your stuck here. And I still hate that ***** after she wanted the bears to do more for thr community in order to get fans in the stands while other cities open stadiums at least at limited occupancy.

Here is the quote I saw

I've seen a couple of reports. But a couple of data points that I think you should be aware of are the Bears have a lease with Soldier Field until 2033 and the NFL doesn't let any teams break their leases, Lightfoot said.

And BTW im not trying to turn this into a political argument. Fwiw I think everyone on both sides pretty much hates that ***** right now.

Kinda hope the bears Bluff hard on this moving idea to get the stadium rebuild the way it should have been originally.

Tell us how you really feel about Lori Lightfoot.

Here is the quote I saw

She did also say that they really want to listen and try their best to accommodate the Bears' requests

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Here is the quote I saw

How about grow up

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast