Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,849

    Should the Lakers Look Towards Next Season?

    Letís be real. They are broken. Physically, spiritually, mentally.


    LeBron James will be 37 heading into season 19. Anthony Davis is made of glass. They need a 3rd star this offseason.


    The only other keepables beyond this season are Alex Caruso & Talen Horton-Tucker.

    Everyone else is expendable.


    The Clippers, Nets, Bucks & Sixers are the true championship contenders. The Lakers donít have enough time to get it together.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,454
    They are still in the running. I dont see why they should just give up on the season. Rest Lebron until the playoffs start. If he comes back healthy theyll have a chance against anyone.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,336
    I know you're trolling, OP. But I get why Lakers fans (yourself included) are down right now. That being said, you'd be insane to count out Lebron and Davis. Has everyone forgotten the narrative of last year's Lakers team headed into the playoffs? "They've been terrible in the bubble." "They might get beat in the first round."

    Now most sane people didn't agree with those takes, but they were at least out there. I would avoid falling into the same trap. The reality is that even if Portland passes them for the 6 seed and the Lakers fall into the play-in tournament, they're practically a lock for a 7 seed. All they have to do is win one of two games in the play-in tournament and they're in the playoffs.

    And as good as Utah and Phoenix have been this year, would you really take them against a healthy Lakers team in a seven-game series? If Lebron and AD are playing at least at 90% their capability in the postseason, they're a force to be reckoned with. I don't care if they're a 7 or 8 seed and have to win every single postseason series on the roadóif anyone can do it, this team can.

    Health is obviously the big question mark, but if they can get healthy at the right time, there isn't a team in this league they're not capable of beating over seven games.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,992
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I know you're trolling, OP. But I get why Lakers fans (yourself included) are down right now. That being said, you'd be insane to count out Lebron and Davis. Has everyone forgotten the narrative of last year's Lakers team headed into the playoffs? "They've been terrible in the bubble." "They might get beat in the first round."

    Now most sane people didn't agree with those takes, but they were at least out there. I would avoid falling into the same trap. The reality is that even if Portland passes them for the 6 seed and the Lakers fall into the play-in tournament, they're practically a lock for a 7 seed. All they have to do is win one of two games in the play-in tournament and they're in the playoffs.

    And as good as Utah and Phoenix have been this year, would you really take them against a healthy Lakers team in a seven-game series? If Lebron and AD are playing at least at 90% their capability in the postseason, they're a force to be reckoned with. I don't care if they're a 7 or 8 seed and have to win every single postseason series on the roadóif anyone can do it, this team can.

    Health is obviously the big question mark, but if they can get healthy at the right time, there isn't a team in this league they're not capable of beating over seven games.
    Think this is where that play-in format is tough. Play 2 crap games and hello lottery.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,992
    To OP though, I think the Lakers should just move outta LA...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,073
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    To OP though, I think the Lakers should just move outta LA...
    It's the clippers town now.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,992
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's the clippers town now.
    Yessir! Let's gooooo

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,454
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Yessir! Let's gooooo
    It sounds a lot like youíre finally adopting a team

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,992
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    It sounds a lot like youíre finally adopting a team
    Go Nets! [emoji23]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's the clippers town now.
    They haven't won anything yet.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's the clippers town now.
    Streetlights over Spotlights !!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    57,869
    I donít think so but LeBron decides that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,815
    did bron die?

    anything can happen in a play in which sucks but i am taking the lakers in a 7 game series with bron over anybody out west rather easily so why should they focus on next year? this off season should be to find an upgrade over deniis shroeder and that starts with kuzma... maybe find a way to get cp3 or a lowry or a dragic if the heat try to upgrade.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,622
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    To OP though, I think the Lakers should just move outta LA...
    Clippers really aren't that scary either. PG13 stepped it up this year. But between injuries to Kawahi and PG13 and staggering games for rest or whatever. Not a scary team really. They seem to be missing something. Unless Kawahi is sand bagging and gonna be a beast in the playoffs? Clippers seem like a boring team.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,827
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    did bron die?

    anything can happen in a play in which sucks but i am taking the lakers in a 7 game series with bron over anybody out west rather easily so why should they focus on next year? this off season should be to find an upgrade over deniis shroeder and that starts with kuzma... maybe find a way to get cp3 or a lowry or a dragic if the heat try to upgrade.
    He came close with that ankle injury.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •