Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

GT#67: Más resucitado Knicks (37-28) @ Phoenix Suns (47-19): Quickdraw in the Dessert

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I don't think Rose gets trapped like that successfully with Q looming on the other side. That was the key adjustment last night though.
    Yeah that second unit with Q and Burk (or Barrett plus one) has 3 ball handler that can shoot it. That is harder to trap. With the way Rose is playing I still wouldn't be surprised if teams start taking the ball out of his hands. Other guys will have to hit shots and make good decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Rewatching a little of this. The team tried to fight back to start the 4th quarter but Barrett really hurt them. The Suns starting trapping Rose hard. He did the right thing and moved the ball. When the ball found Gibson or Toppin after the double they made quick decisions. they took a decent shot or moved the ball. When it found Barrett he was a total ball stopper often dribbling backwards or in place so he could could try and go north/south against a set defense. He was also on Jae at the start of the 3rd. Not his finest mins.

Thibs predictably took Toppin out immediately after he drained a corner 3, Gibson committed the intentional soon after, Rose threw it out of bounds, and it was downhill.

They played well overall. Barrett needs to grow. Rose getting trapped could be a problem in the playoffs though Q and Burks shooting will help. Toppin is my guy I also think his activity was great last night. He looked like AK47 flying around the court. His hesitantacy could hurt when teams take the ball out of Roses hands but he was good last night. I would have liked for him to get Gibson’s extra mins in the 4th but Taj has been great and was good last night too.

yep kind of said all this during the game lol......guys get on Cheets and I get it protecting a 20 year old but facts remain every game he gives up wide open three's and somehow he's so far off they are cross court passes and as Clyde would normally say that should never happen but not once with RJ, no one on the knicks brass see's this?

I've seen a few posters notice it, and guys at work so glad it' just not me but this should have been nipped in the butt a long time ago, you don't help so stay two steps closer, this isn't rocket science.

As far as another assessment I'm sorry i strongly disagree, no sense bringing it up, I saw not one but two blow byes, not one miss but two wide open looks, and not much else, so not sure what you saw but let's just say on that we disagree.

We cannot play without IQ, he's actually become that important, just the spread of the court helps then his ability to make shots. Love this kid and Obi is growing more and more and more on me. I don't care he's 22 he's a freakn rookie and it's a big jump or some more than others, some it takes to 26 or even 28 to get it going, i think this kid after spending a full off season with Randle and company will be much improved next year.

The thing with RJ and Elfrid's wack layup attempts is that they always lead to a soft block which puts the other team in transition. You can see what is going to happen before RJ even gets to the paint. The outlet guys are already hitting the break before he even puts the shot up. They are very deflating plays and seem to suck the life out of us.

Block-leading-to-transition plays are like the biggest momentum plays in the league. We are on the good side of it with Noel a lot. Those plays are huge. RJ gives up way too many of those to the other team. If it's not a block it's a chuck at the backboard or turnover when he gets caught in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The thing with RJ and Elfrid's wack layup attempts is that they always lead to a soft block which puts the other team in transition. You can see what is going to happen before RJ even gets to the paint. The outlet guys are already hitting the break before he even puts the shot up. They are very deflating plays and seem to suck the life out of us.
    I'm thinking that maybe Barrett turns into more off a off ball stud then an on ball one. Just bc people said James Harden in his draft profile doesn't mean that is who he has to be. He great in catch and shoot, sealing smalls in a mismatch, getting foul line catches and going right to the hole. I think his primary creation will improve but it might not be his strength

I'm thinking that maybe Barrett turns into more off a off ball stud then an on ball one. Just bc people said James Harden in his draft profile doesn't mean that is who he has to be. He great in catch and shoot, sealing smalls in a mismatch, getting foul line catches and going right to the hole. I think his primary creation will improve but it might not be his strength

Did anyone actually ever compare him to Harden? Lol I don’t remember ever seeing that, or even thinking he reminded me even a little bit of Harden

GT#67: Más resucitado Knicks (37-28) @ Phoenix Suns (47-19): Quickdraw in the Dessert

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Did anyone actually ever compare him to Harden? Lol I don’t remember ever seeing that, or even thinking he reminded me even a little bit of Harden
    They did. I never liked it either. That's why is sticks out to me. I think its was the size and protection of him as an on ball play making stud.

Edit: just looked it up. Bilas started it lol

https://nypost.com/2019/03/24/rj-bar...plete-package/

Last edited by ewing; 05-08-2021 at 12:27 PM.

They did. I never liked it either. That's why is sticks out to me. I think its was the size and protection of him as an on ball play making stud.

Even as a college player, I really don’t see it. I mean I guess you could say they were both considered not elite athletically. But Harden was a skilled shooter/scorer even then. Had a full arsenal of moves/shots already, and was a good ball handler

If RJ had 75% of Hardens skills even at that age, he would already be an all-star

Even as a college player, I really don’t see it. I mean I guess you could say they were both considered not elite athletically. But Harden was a skilled shooter/scorer even then. Had a full arsenal of moves/shots already, and was a good ball handler

It was Bilas and I completely agree. Harden had elite handles and was an elite pick and roll play maker from day one. That boy can dance.

It was Bilas and I completely agree. Harden had elite handles and was an elite pick and roll play maker from day one. That boy can dance.

I remember he was frequently talked about as having an “old mans game”. Fakes, hesitations, Steps, etc. You could see it even in his earlier days, he was nice

No way I’m saying I knew what he would fully become, but I knew OKC made a mistake letting him go. I know why they did, and I guess you can’t fault the thinking, but he was gonna be a player

I remember he was frequently talked about as having an “old mans game”. Fakes, hesitations, Steps, etc. You could see it even in his earlier days, he was nice

No way I’m saying I knew what he would fully become, but I knew OKC made a mistake letting him go. I know why they did, and I guess you can’t fault the thinking, but he was gonna be a player
    I remember a national TV game his 2nd year where JVG raved about him for about 10 mins straight. I liked him but Jeff really sold me lol

It wasn't too long ago, approximately more than 2 games ago where the fans were raving about the Knicks' 3-point attack, efficiency, and the continued commitment to winning. The Knicks were 11-1 before they ran into arguably 2 of the top 5 best teams in the NBA, the Denver Nuggets and Phoenix Suns. Both teams used the Knicks as a bath towel.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I enjoy watching RJ Barrett play. He's a good player and a great teammate. He IS the 3rd option. He'll never be better than that.
    Many things can be disguised about RJ Barrett's numbers. One thing that can't be disguised is how much he has been playing. RJ Barrett is 17th in the NBA when it comes to minutes per game. On the Knicks, only Julius Randle has played more minutes. Julius Randle is #1 in the NBA when it comes to minutes logged.
    You will NEVER see RJ Barrett reach the next level unless the Knicks actually acquire a real point guard. If you notice, RJ has been thriving with the second unit that has been led by Derrick Rose.

Not sure if Rose is still a Knick next season. His heart has always been in Chicago.

Sadly it's a new Front Office. Frank Ntilikina has no place in it. This Front Office was never really into developing young players. Frank Ntilkina, Kevin Knox are gone. Mitchell Robinson has a take it or leave it contract when that day arrives. Obi Toppin has not only another season to show something but also a position to play. Immanuel Quickley plays on the second unit. TBA if he elevates into a starter. I hope so.

The New York Rangers, the youngest team in the NHL, made the playoffs during their 2nd year of their rebuild and narrowly missed the playoffs with an above .500 record this season. Dolan FIRED the GM...and when the Team President defended him...Dolan FIRED him as well.

Why?

Dolan vocalized not being a fan of rebuilds after just 3 seasons. THREE seasons. Are you kidding me? The Rangers played SIX rookies, had their best player targeted by Russia's President, second best player missed a lot of time due to COVID, and narrowly missed the playoffs.

You can BET the Knicks will be very active substituting youth for vets next season.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-08-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    RJ's sophmore season is very similar to Tatum's, Tatum made that big 3rrd year jump. if RJ does too we are golden. Tatum is one of the best players in the league now.
    Bro, do you remember tatums rookie season?! In the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Bro, do you remember tatums rookie season?! In the playoffs?
    Yeah Tatum had a sophomore slump, I don’t see exactly how RJ’s following a similar path to Tatum.

I would love to see RJ make close to 3 3s a game like Tatum. Because all of a sudden I’m much more confident about his outside shooting than his inside scoring which hasn’t really improved much at all.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819