Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

GT#67: Más resucitado Knicks (37-28) @ Phoenix Suns (47-19): Quickdraw in the Dessert

For the uninitiated, Arizona was the last state to recognize MLK as a National Holiday. When this song was released, Chris Rock then on SNL Weekend Update said, "I don't know who is stupid enough to vote on not getting an extra day off..." For the life of me, I can't take seriously athletes who bark about Civil Rights then live it up in a Republican State (with no social mobility) just to save some tax dollars. Morals my a$%. Congrats, you're just as crooked as the filthy rich in this country.

Random Thoughts:

1. Have NBA teams figured out a Kryptonite for General Julius (?): Up until the Phoenix game at MSG, the NBA has kneeled before General J. Randle Zod. After the Suns with precision and poise kept pace then overtook the Knicks, shutting them down in the 4th, the Denver Nuggets made Julius impotent. The NBA is taking the Knicks seriously. Tonight another litmus acid test. Someone is going to have to take over the game in the 4th especially with the Suns putting all hands on deck against the General.

2. Elfquest: By the numbers Elfrid Payton's last 10 games 6.7 ppg, 1.3 steals, and 3 apg. I know I know. "Alf" is a defensive lynchpin in the Thibs system. Here's the thing. The Suns are guard oriented. Chris Paul & Devin Booker account for best assist ratio but also the 4th best defensive rating (back court). The question will be, how much play will Elf get before Thibs has to go to Derrick Rose who can at least provide more than Elf's 6.7 ppg (last 10).

3. The RJ Barrett trade (that wasn't): Roll the clocks back to the 2019 draft, the Atlanta Hawks were offering the 8th and 10th pick for 3rd pick. While I'm content with the Knicks drafting RJ Barrett and the Front Office actually getting a top 10 choice right for the first time, I do love playing, "What If?" What if the Knicks drafted Tyler Herro and Kevin Porter Jr? Would that have made the Knicks more dangerous today? Probably not. Still a lot of fun to speculate.

4. Derrick Rose's 2nd Act: Don't look now but Derrick Rose is putting up turn back the clock numbers. No not MVP numbers. Nostalgic numbers that have raised a stir back in Chicago. What if the Bulls approach the Knicks about a package deal that involves picks + Rose in return for Zach Lavine? Wait. Rose is an UFA. Never mind. Would Thibs allow his surrogate son to leave?

5. Counting down till the Big Goodbye: Only six games remain before we all waive goodbye to Frank Ntilkina (2017 #8) and Kevin Knox (2018 #9). With Obi Toppin's 4 ppg and 2.3 rpg getting precedence, Knox and Nitilikina are piling up the DNPs. Don't get me wrong, Thibs throws them a bone a couple minutes here or there. For the most part, there's no future for either player in New York. Those 2 misses contributed a lot to James Dolan's "I hate rebuilds" new UFA friendly Front Office. What's interesting is the fact: The Knicks drafting nor free agency saved this team. Basically good coaching and a lucky unlocking of a dormant superstar that had one foot out the door with the Obi Toppin draft pick.

Should be a lively game. Suns and Knicks looking to rebound after untimely losses. Let's go Knicks!

New York Knicks
    Burks, Alec Doubtful Injury/Illness - Left Knee; contused
    Quickley, Immanuel Doubtful Injury/Illness - Left Ankle; sprained
    Robinson, Mitchell Out Injury/Illness - Right Foot; surgery

Phoenix Suns

Crowder, Jae Out Injury/Illness - Right Ankle; Sprain
    Johnson, Cameron Questionable Injury/Illness - Right Wrist; Sprain
    Nader, Abdel Out Injury/Illness - Right Knee; Arthroscopy

Damn no IQ or Burks. Who steps up? Payton? Frank? Hopefully Julius and RJ has a solid bounce back game or its going to be a long night trying to contain Booker, Paul and Bridges.

The Hawks blew out the Suns by 32 pts, limiting them to just 15 pts in the 4th.

IQ will play can't imagine him staying out.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

PHO: Cameron Johnson (wrist) ruled out for Friday

Updating a previous report, Jae Crowder (right ankle) has been upgraded to questionable for Friday's game vs. New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The Hawks blew out the Suns by 32 pts, limiting them to just 15 pts in the 4th.
    what significance does this have?

Lets just hope history don't repeat itself and we can pull this out after they got blown out.
    suns lost to SA by 26 came back and beat the Bucks two nights later and two nights after that beat Philly

so last game we had no answer for Booker, didn't matter if it was RJ, bullock, if Burks doesn't play then Thibs should really insert Frank and see if he can slow him down. Hopefully he don't foul trying but i'm not sure what else we can do if both IQ and burks don't play?

Can we really play Rose and Payton all those minutes for different reasons?

Last time RJ killed Knicks flow when they were playing out of there mind he went and missed 5 straight open shots then Suns woke up the rest everyone knows and don't bother posting stat sheet because everyone who watched the game should remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Last time RJ killed Knicks flow when they were playing out of there mind he went and missed 5 straight open shots then Suns woke up the rest everyone knows and don't bother posting stat sheet because everyone who watched the game should remember it.

Why do you hate Barrett?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why do you hate Barrett?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't hate him I just expect more from him but lately he's been playing like crap I don't see any impact from him on court if ppl call him untouchable in trades then obviously I'm going to expect that lvl of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I don't hate him I just expect more from him but lately he's been playing like crap I don't see any impact from him on court if ppl call him untouchable in trades then obviously I'm going to expect that lvl of performance.

Why don't you hold every other player to the same standards?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Can't watch today but LGK!!
    All da way!!!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

No IQ and no Burks.
    Wow.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast