Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Yep, glad Torres not only hit a HR, but he crushed one. Hopefully he starts driving the ball more now.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Despite some people saying this team sucks (because of a MASSIVE 2 game losing streak), the Yankees haven't dropped a series in over 6 series now.
    I think everyone knew that they were way to talented to keep playing that badly. The pitching has been very good overall so far.

The offense, especially the bottom of the 3rd of the lineup, is still a bit concerning. I do think our lineup will improve once Voit gets back. I'm hoping he's the big piece we've been missing so far this yr

BTW just saw Luke expected back Tuesday!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Probably too boring for you, lol

2K PGA21 Golf game.

Iím addicted to it. Getting in the TGC Tours got me hooked. Then the community of virtual golfers is tremendous.

But I play Warzone a little. Going to start Dark Souls 2 whenever they release more PS5ís. Iíll have my PC before PS5.
    Not boring at all. PGA is a blast.

If you've played the souls series, you know. If not, let me know when you are about to throw the PS% out the window. I will talk you down and help.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I do think he has been squaring the ball up more lately. Might be due for a hot streak.
    Agreed. I think he's been in his head and is now getting more aggressive. I expect a hot streak very soon .
    I think by next Sunday, he gets his Avg up and strings together some good games.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I have one question. WHAT???
    My follow up, who needs the better arm, the 3rd baseman, deep at third who cfields the ball on the OF grass and throws to first or... the SS who runs to almost, that same spot and throws against his body and momentum?

I know you know the answer but I am curious if someone else does.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'll take that start from German every time. Even though he didn't have his best FB, he was still had enough movement on it and located it well enough to still be very effective. His improvement with his CU since he has been called backup has been a big reason for his turn around. He's gotten his ERA down to 4.02 all the way from 10 after his first 2 starts. He looks like a very good middle of the rotation pitcher, which is exactly what we need him to be. If the playoffs started today, i'd probably want him starting game 3

That was great to see Torres finally get his 1st HR, now that pressure is off his shoulders, hopefully he relaxes and starts pounding the ball again like he was towards the end of ST. He's just to good and way to talented to keep struggling for much longer at the plate.

I hope you are correct about Hicks. I'm not nearly as confident that he will figure it out, atleast from the LH side. To me it doesn't look like he's seeing the ball well from that side and the bat speed looks slower from the LH side as well. I don't know if his TJS is effecting his swing or bat speed from that side but it doesn't look good IMO. Defensively he's been fine but the arm is nearly what it was.

I think what makes Hicks performance more worrisome for me is also how badly Gardy and Clint look also. None of them are performing well at the plate. Were already thru 20% of the season and other than very brief stretches, they haven't shown anything at the plate and they are healthy. Florial is every bit the defender any of those 3 are and has been tearing the cover off the ball since ST. How much longer do we watch this group struggle before Florial gets into the conversation ? I'm not advocating for giving Florial a full time, starting job but would it really hurt to give him an audition at some point soon? The bottom of the lineup is flat not performing, how much worse could Florial look?

I have no idea what you do with Sanchez at this point. The talent is still there and there would probably be 20+ teams that would love to try and fix him but i doubt we would get anything better than a lottery ticket in return in a trade. I don't think he's really going to hurt us catching 1-2 games a week and hope he starts hitting to raise his trade value? I don't think they are going to just cut him mid season when they have already said publicly that they believe in his talent and are go to have to pay him if they cut him or not. We only have about 1m under the luxury tax, are they really going to find that much of a better option thats available for less than 1m? if Hal refuses to go over the LT are they really going to want to spend your last money on a backup C? I just don't see it

IMO, i think they will keep him for the rest of the yr and hope like crazy he figures out how to hit again. I think the best thing that could happen is he get "hurt" and goes down to rehab. When Gary is hitting well he has an extreme confidence about him at the plate, he has none right now. Maybe going down and working against lesser pitchers and feeling like what it feels like to hit again could help him. Maybe that snaps him out of it and he can come back and hit well enough to raise his trade value a bit.

If this team under performs all yr and/or we miss the playoffs , we've been told there will be big changes to the lineup. I think they roll the rest of the yr or until he plays his way out of the starting job with Higgy as the starter and Gary as a backup. Then look to make the changes you need to during the off season. If we were desperate for a starting C it would be one thing but Higgy is showing to be good enough to handle that role. Bleacher Report is actually picking Higgy to make the AS team as a backup, thats how bad C position has been around the AL.

Yes, Sanchez has been bad, but catching around baseball has been pretty bad overall this yr, if he can hit a little as a backup with his improved defense hopefully he worth something in trade this winter. As long as Higgy is playing well, what our backup C does isn't going to make a huge difference on the overall performance as a team. We also still have Chiros who is a pretty good defensive C and has worked well with Cole in the past, coming back from injury who would be another good backup option

I have no idea what the right thing to do with Sanchez is, i really don't think anyone knows. He used to be one of the better FB hitters in baseball and now he can't catch up to anything above 92mph. I think his career as a starter is probably over with the Yanks but unless they can get something valuable in return i think they wait till the off season to move on from him.
    I apologize I should have been more specific when I said cut bait. How bout this? Youíve mentioned previously that you feel a change of scenery would help. There has got to be other major leaguers who are also under performing and a change of scenery might help(kinda like we did with Odor).
    There has got to be hitting coaches out there who feel they can fix the problem, because with us unless he runs into a mistake the smart money is on him striking out.
    I realize with how little we have in cap space weíre not gonna just eat 5 million dollars and get nothing in return.

Luke should be back Tuesday and thatís gonna make our lineup a lot different. Ford has come up with a couple big hits but Iím thinking his ship has sailed. Getting Luke back is almost like making a great trade!

Weíre scoring runs with some small ball which makes me confident. Home runs are great but if thatís what weíre continually counting on that does not bode well for the playoffs. Am I looking too far ahead? Well maybe I am but I totally expect this team to make the playoffs. ANYTHING can happen in the postseason, but if this team doesnít make it to the dance Iím disappointed

How much worse could Florial look? I remember saying the same about Ford relative to Bruce. Ford has been at lrast as bad. And as for how well Florial has looked in the minors, well, Anduja r was looking really goid too, until he came up--but he's still oh-for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I think everyone knew that they were way to talented to keep playing that badly. The pitching has been very good overall so far.

The offense, especially the bottom of the 3rd of the lineup, is still a bit concerning. I do think our lineup will improve once Voit gets back. I'm hoping he's the big piece we've been missing so far this yr
    Even though Torres is not hitting under .200 he's also massively underperforming, as is DJ. If not for the bullpen and Cole this team could easily be worse than the orioles right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    How much worse could Florial look? I remember saying the same about Ford relative to Bruce. Ford has been at lrast as bad. And as for how well Florial has looked in the minors, well, Anduja r was looking really goid too, until he came up--but he's still oh-for the season.
    I rather wait atleast another month before bringing florial up . Donít want to rush him

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I apologize I should have been more specific when I said cut bait. How bout this? Youíve mentioned previously that you feel a change of scenery would help. There has got to be other major leaguers who are also under performing and a change of scenery might help(kinda like we did with Odor).
    There has got to be hitting coaches out there who feel they can fix the problem, because with us unless he runs into a mistake the smart money is on him striking out.
    I realize with how little we have in cap space weíre not gonna just eat 5 million dollars and get nothing in return.

Luke should be back Tuesday and thatís gonna make our lineup a lot different. Ford has come up with a couple big hits but Iím thinking his ship has sailed. Getting Luke back is almost like making a great trade!

Weíre scoring runs with some small ball which makes me confident. Home runs are great but if thatís what weíre continually counting on that does not bode well for the playoffs. Am I looking too far ahead? Well maybe I am but I totally expect this team to make the playoffs. ANYTHING can happen in the postseason, but if this team doesnít make it to the dance Iím disappointed
    No worries. I still think you run into issue with the LT even on a change of scenery trade, you'd have to find someone making 5m or less on the season. how many teams have a guy making 5m that needs a change of scenery. Usually, especially with higher payroll team, don't worry a ton about someone only making 5m needing a change of scenery... Odor, like you mentioned, had 27m left on his contract. My point being i think it would be difficult to find a change of scenery guy mid season AND be able to match that salary. Also i think you tend to see change of scenery trades happen in the off season

At this point i would just hold onto him, unless i could get anything of value for him, and hope like crazy he turns it around. Maybe some team thats, really, really struggling behind the plate and feel like they could turn Sanchez around might be willing to give us a descent spec for him at the deadline? There is going to be some team that is willing to take a chance on him, especially with the NL expected to get the DH. I don't see us getting anything of value for him right now and how much time, effort, money is Hal and Cash going to want to deal with as the backup C. Sanchez is the back up for now, with Chiros available soon if they need him. I'm not sure that were going to do much better than that in season without money to spend.

The other reason i would wait till the off season to move on from Sanchez, besides just hoping he can rebuild some value, is that its going to create a media circus. The team doesn;t need to be answering 100 questions about the backup C when they are barely playing .500 baseball.

As long as Higgy keeps performing like he is, having Sanchez as the backup isn't going to kill us. The sad part is i would bet the farm after Gary ends up somewhere else he end up being an AS again. There is a hitting coach out there absolutely dying to get their hands on Sanchez to fix him

Luke should be a massive boost to our lineup. It will be great to see the entire lineup healthy at the same time. Stanton, Judge and Voit haven't all 3 spent much time in the lineup together the last couple yr.

Love the small ball also, its great to see that we don't have to rely on the HR. The other thing i'm really liking is seeing how much these guys are going up the middle or opposite way instead of being pull happy. If they make contact this team is going to hit alot of HRs but its great to see them string together hits and play small ball. If we could get any kind of consistent production from the bottom 3-4 spots in the lineup we'd be in pretty solid shape

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Even though Torres is not hitting under .200 he's also massively underperforming, as is DJ. If not for the bullpen and Cole this team could easily be worse than the orioles right now.
    yeah but they aren't, they're in 2nd place. if this is the worst stretch that they go through all yr, they'll be fine. I'll get much more concerned with the offense if we don't see a change after Voit gets back

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    great gritty yankee win

They've won 12 0f their last 17. Not too shabby for a garbage team, huh Johnny?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718