Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Woof, Judge 1-22 with 14ks ...
    its getting past concerning at this point. You gotta hope its just a really bad slump not that he is hiding or trying to play thru another injury

Can he get the big hit when it counts? Cuz it sure does look like the line-up is this issue, again.
    LOL, good point.. If the offense doesn't start consistently hitting better, its not going to matter how good our starters pitch

At this point I'm really hoping that Voit has been the big missing piece. I really didn't expect the lineup to struggle this much with him out but hopefully i'm wrong. He will provide much better protection for Judge batting 4th than anyone else they've had in that spot this yr... Something with this offense needs to get better and quickly because our pitching has been way, way to good to be sitting at .500.

If you had showed me our pitching stats, told me everyone from the opening day lineup was still healthy and asked me to guess what our record would be and where we would be at in the division, I would have guessed we'd be 10 games over .500 and leading the division by 5 games. Healthy i never would have guessed our offense would be this bad so consistently, especially in the regular season having faced mediocre teams so far

You really think it's SP that's the problem?

I think the Yanks say no to that, dont see Cash giving up Schmidt, Deivi? Perhaps but as is, with Sevy coning back, I dont see Max coming to NY. There's a lot of games between now and the trade deadline but as is, I still feel this lineup will never get it done, Max or no Max.
    No, clearly the starting pitching or the pitching overall hasn't been close to our biggest issue. If the lineup doesn't start hitting consistently it won't matter how good our pitching is.

The reason i brought trading for Max up is that we have already been linked to him multiple times and quite a few analyst feel like if the Nats do trade Max that we would be considered 1 of the clear favorites to land him

Also trading for Max would be the ultimate win now move and it would go along ways to showing the fan base that they still value winning over the bottom line.

With crowd capacity expected to be back to 100% by July, you would have to hope Hal loosens the purse strings a little bit and allow Cash to go over the luxury tax. If Hal doesn't, after the Tauchman deal we have less than 1.2m before we go over the 210m mark. Its going to be very, very difficult to upgrade the roster with that little money left.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    its getting past concerning at this point. You gotta hope its just a really bad slump not that he is hiding or trying to play thru another injury

LOL, good point.. If the offense doesn't start consistently hitting better, its not going to matter how good our starters pitch

At this point I'm really hoping that Voit has been the big missing piece. I really didn't expect the lineup to struggle this much with him out but hopefully i'm wrong. He will provide much better protection for Judge batting 4th than anyone else they've had in that spot this yr... Something with this offense needs to get better and quickly because our pitching has been way, way to good to be sitting at .500.

If you had showed me our pitching stats, told me everyone from the opening day lineup was still healthy and asked me to guess what our record would be and where we would be at in the division, I would have guessed we'd be 10 games over .500 and leading the division by 5 games. Healthy i never would have guessed our offense would be this bad so consistently, especially in the regular season having faced mediocre teams so far

team hitting is down all across baseball the nationals lead the nl in hitting and they are hitting 248 as a team.. the yanks have to many hole sin the lineup.. even with voit coming back hicks frazier gardner gary even torres hitting bad no power judge looks bad ..

So now you know why I wanted Cole to start the 8th on Thur with just 97 pitches...

Now we are on verge of a 3 game losing streak. When you have an ACE and you have a chance to eliminate another inning with that ACE you donít bring in any reliever besides Chap..

Thur loss started the avalanche folks. This one was started by Boone.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

And Torres has played 31 games and HOW MANY HOMERUNS does he have on his 2021 card?

In case you werenít paying attention, that is a big whopping ZERO!
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

You really think it's SP that's the problem?

I think the Yanks say no to that, dont see Cash giving up Schmidt, Deivi? Perhaps but as is, with Sevy coning back, I dont see Max coming to NY. There's a lot of games between now and the trade deadline but as is, I still feel this lineup will never get it done, Max or no Max.
    The last 2 games now show that sp is still a problem when outside of cole the rotation has a hard time getting past 5 plus innings .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-08-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    team hitting is down all across baseball the nationals lead the nl in hitting and they are hitting 248 as a team.. the yanks have to many hole sin the lineup.. even with voit coming back hicks frazier gardner gary even torres hitting bad no power judge looks bad ..
    Hitting down all across baseball huh ? I wonder if the new different baseballs have anything to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    And Torres has played 31 games and HOW MANY HOMERUNS does he have on his 2021 card?

In case you werenít paying attention, that is a big whopping ZERO!
    it is a mystery why gleyber has gotten really bad the last 2 years at the plate..

it is a mystery why gleyber has gotten really bad the last 2 years at the plate..
    Could it be that 2019 with the juiced balls , was a fluke ?

have you seen gleyber hit the ball with any authority to the outfield this year i have not

have you seen gleyber hit the ball with any authority to the outfield this year i have not
    Outside of Stanton , and urshela I havenít seen anyone in the lineup consistently hit with authority this season
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-08-2021 at 06:12 PM.

torres is due for number 1

big hit for gleyber

hand is not a good matchup for the yanks a lefty reliever against all those rhb

Torres may not be hitting with authority but he just tied the game up with a single

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast