Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 268
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What do you expect when they moved the entire infield around to have andujar in the line up ?

    You mean like they did when Odor was playing?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    No but dj made an error at third base where he hasnít played a lot of games at in his career . That was my point

    Doesn't he also make errors at 2nd, or is he error free there? Isn't there also a chance Andujar could have made an error had he played 3rd?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What doesnít make sense is saying he is not what he once was at the position he had won gold gloves at and played over 1000 games at but still say he is very good defensively at the other positions he has played less than 20% of his career at .

    You guys might as well give it up. He doesn't get it and he isn't going to get it.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by posada20 View Post
    but it still makes no sense to say he lost a step or two at second while saying he is better defensively at third or first when he hasnít played there much . I mean if at his age he has lost a step or two like you said , wouldnít it be reasonable to assume his defense has suffered a bit at first and third ?

    lol no!!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I canít totally agree that it was a mistake to have the pen start the 8th inning . But I will say that Boone was a damned moron for leaving green in for as long as he did . He had no business facing altuve in that situation .

    I'm curious. Jorge. What did you think of taillon last night?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    But the distance from third to first is farther than from second . As the articles clearly say , a good third baseman needs To have quicker reflexes and a strong arm . And we know both of those go as a player ages .

    Hey, you learn something new every day. It's further from third to first than from second to first. I must take note of that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Goal posts moved.
    Quick!!! Go hide behind them
    I give up. I gave it my best shot.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,731
    Jorge a question, who must cover more ground laterally the 2B and SS or the 1B and 3B?

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,595
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jorge a question, who must cover more ground laterally the 2B and SS or the 1B and 3B?
    Doc, you are expecting way too much. Actually, maybe not. Jorge certainly understands covering ground quickly as he has, to move the goalposts and hide



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    914
    After the last 2 games, I just gotta ask"when is Britton due back? " He has shown the capability to handle the 8th very well. The jury is still out regarding Green and the others in that regard.
    P.S. I hope the answer to my question is "very soon."
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 05-08-2021 at 11:51 AM.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    After the last 2 games, I just gotta ask"when is Britton due back? " He has shown the capability to handle the 8th very well. The jury is still out regarding Green and the others in that regard.
    P.S. I hope the answer to my question is "very soon."
    Eh, people are freaking out about the bullpen because of two bad games. RPs are not perfect, they will blow a game here and there. Happens to all of them, even the best. Lasagna clearly didn't have it last night but the defense also let him down. Green also didn't look great but the pitch that Altuve hit for a HR was ridiculous high and inside at his eyes. It is unreal that he was able to drive that pitch out of the park. Can't even fault Green there and just have to tip your cap to Altuve.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jorge a question, who must cover more ground laterally the 2B and SS or the 1B and 3B?
    Depends on the situation . When it comes to throws the 3b covers more ground . When it comes to area the ss covers the most ground . Dj is not a short stop anyway so I dunno why the ss position is being brought up .
    Third base is actually tougher than second because quick reflexes and speed are needed to cover the line drive hits down the line and that happens often since most hitters are right handed . And we all know the reflexes and speed are the first things to go when a player ages. Third base is called the hot corner for a reason .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-08-2021 at 12:26 PM.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Eh, people are freaking out about the bullpen because of two bad games. RPs are not perfect, they will blow a game here and there. Happens to all of them, even the best. Lasagna clearly didn't have it last night but the defense also let him down. Green also didn't look great but the pitch that Altuve hit for a HR was ridiculous high and inside at his eyes. It is unreal that he was able to drive that pitch out of the park. Can't even fault Green there and just have to tip your cap to Altuve.
    Oh please neither pitcher had it . And green had no business facing altuve in that situation .

    And the more often they are used the more results like the last two days we will see . I mean laosigia has already logged in the second most innings by a reliever in the majors and itís only the second month of the season..
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-08-2021 at 12:31 PM.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Depends on the situation . When it comes to throws the 3b covers more ground . When it comes to area the ss covers the most ground . Dj is not a short stop anyway so I dunno why the ss position is being brought up .
    Third base is actually tougher than second because quick reflexes and speed are needed to cover the line drive hits down the line and that happens often since most hitters are right handed . And we all know the reflexes and speed are the first things to go when a player ages. Third base is called the hot corner for a reason .
    Again you relocate the goal post! The question wasn't reaction time, it was range. What position requires more RANGE.

    We were NOT discussing arm strength and the difficult throw, we were discussing RANGE. The 2B and SS require more, that is the reason SS was mentioned. Just to cover all the bases in case your argument took another unexpected turn. If truth be told, the SS throw from deep in the hole is one of the most difficult of all infield positions.
    But, 3B does require a strong arm, AGAIN that is NOT the issue under discussion. You relocated it there to justify, heretofore still unknown reasoning.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Depends on the situation . When it comes to throws the 3b covers more ground . When it comes to area the ss covers the most ground . Dj is not a short stop anyway so I dunno why the ss position is being brought up .
    Third base is actually tougher than second because quick reflexes and speed are needed to cover the line drive hits down the line and that happens often since most hitters are right handed . And we all know the reflexes and speed are the first things to go when a player ages. Third base is called the hot corner for a reason .
    dear Lord

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •