Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 268
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I never said dj couldnít play third base . I said third base is not his natural position and that is a fact . His best position is at second base . What part of GOLD GLOVE SECOND BASEMAN do you not understand ? To me it doesnít make much sense to move a guy out of his natural position in the field . Why ? Because players need a routine , they need repetition . Moving a guy around the infield disrupts all that an can effect their play , especially a guy that is 33 years old
    He has been moved out of position many times in the past and many times this season and it hasn't seemed to impact his fielding the slightest bit. He doesn't need a routine at one position, he is good at multiple positions and one error doesn't change that. Also, he was a gold glove 2B how long ago? He isn't the same defender at second base anymore.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    He has been moved out of position many times in the past and many times this season and it hasn't seemed to impact his fielding the slightest bit. He doesn't need a routine at one position, he is good at multiple positions and one error doesn't change that. Also, he was a gold glove 2B how long ago? He isn't the same defender at second base anymore.
    Well if he isnít the same defender at second base anymore , why would he be the same defender at other positions anymore ? Wouldnít that be even more of a reason to NOT move him around the Infield ? I mean he is 33 years old and all .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-07-2021 at 10:34 PM.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well if he isnít the same defender at second base anymore , why would he be the same defender at other positions anymore ? Wouldnít that be even more of a reason to NOT move him around the Infield ? I mean he is 33 years old and all .
    Like I said...he is solid at multiple positions....not that hard to understand...

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Like I said...he is solid at multiple positions....not that hard to understand...
    You canít say he is solid at multiple positions and then say he isnít the same defender at second base anymore . If his defense has suffered at second base due to age then so should his defense at other positions too . Either way I firmly believe he should stay at second

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    27
    The Yankees are not as good so far as last year, after 32 games they were 20 and 12. The season started in July so it's probably not a good comparison, they should do much better when the weather warms up, at least lets hope so.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You canít say he is solid at multiple positions and then say he isnít the same defender at second base anymore . If his defense has suffered at second base due to age then so should his defense at other positions too . Either way I firmly believe he should stay at second
    You are just arguing **** just to argue. I CAN say he is solid at multiple positions while saying he declined defensively at 2B. That just means he went from being very good to just solid. I CAN say he is solid defensively at multiple positions. Why? Simply because it is true and I'm not sure anyone would argue that other than you.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,016
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    First Green yesterday not Loaisaga melt down tonight, bullpen that was so great early on has cost us 2 games in a row.
    It happens even to the best relievers some nights, what separates the good one from the great ones is stretching the time out between the bad outtings as long as possible.

    Green just wasn't sharp last night and he didn't have his best stuff/command

    Loaisiga really got hurt by the defense with those 2 errors, after that he looked like he was rattled. As good as he's looked tonight was only his 40th career relief appearance and 50th appearance overall. He's still young and new to being a reliever, especially high leverage situations, he's going to have these occasional bad outings as he continues to develop and refine his role

    I can definitely see why they traded for Peralta with the way they are having to use their BP. He's got really good stuff and looks like he can handle multiple roles and innings. The one guarantee every yr is the later in the yr you get the more expensive pitching becomes. Maybe they thought they could get a better reliever now, cheaper than around the deadline? I still would have liked to have seen a better return for Tauchman, hopefully Wandy proves me wrong.

    Overall, even after a couple rough outings, i'm not concerned about the BP. The only slight concern is they maybe using their better relievers a little to much and they could possibly be worn down by the playoffs. That said we have Brit coming back in a month or so and we have a stable of arms in the MILB that should be able to contribute heavily later in the yr.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    You are just arguing **** just to argue. I CAN say he is solid at multiple positions while saying he declined defensively at 2B. That just means he went from being very good to just solid. I CAN say he is solid defensively at multiple positions. Why? Simply because it is true and I'm not sure anyone would argue that other than you.
    And I am saying you canít say he has suffered defensively at 2b and then say he is still solid at other positions . If he has suffered defensively at his best on field position then logically his defense would suffer at other on field positions that he has not played a lot at .

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    It happens even to the best relievers some nights, what separates the good one from the great ones is stretching the time out between the bad outtings as long as possible.

    Green just wasn't sharp last night and he didn't have his best stuff/command

    Loaisiga really got hurt by the defense with those 2 errors, after that he looked like he was rattled. As good as he's looked tonight was only his 40th career relief appearance and 50th appearance overall. He's still young and new to being a reliever, especially high leverage situations, he's going to have these occasional bad outings as he continues to develop and refine his role

    I can definitely see why they traded for Peralta with the way they are having to use their BP. He's got really good stuff and looks like he can handle multiple roles and innings. The one guarantee every yr is the later in the yr you get the more expensive pitching becomes. Maybe they thought they could get a better reliever now, cheaper than around the deadline? I still would have liked to have seen a better return for Tauchman, hopefully Wandy proves me wrong.

    Overall, even after a couple rough outings, i'm not concerned about the BP. The only slight concern is they maybe using their better relievers a little to much and they could possibly be worn down by the playoffs. That said we have Brit coming back in a month or so and we have a stable of arms in the MILB that should be able to contribute heavily later in the yr.
    Unless that stable of milb arms can pitch in the 7th and 8th as well as the guys they currently have , I am gonna worry about the bullpen being gassed by the time the playoffs start

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And I am saying you canít say he has suffered defensively at 2b and then say he is still solid at other positions . If he has suffered defensively at his best on field position then logically his defense would suffer at other on field positions that he has not played a lot at .
    Jesus ****ing Christ. You are literally so stupid. It is hard to comprehend how a person can be so stupid.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You canít say he is solid at multiple positions and then say he isnít the same defender at second base anymore . If his defense has suffered at second base due to age then so should his defense at other positions too . Either way I firmly believe he should stay at second
    That doesn't even begin to make sense. Different positions highlight different skillsets. 1st and 3rd base don't require nearly the range that 2nd base and SS do. Thats why you tend to see older players that can still hit, shift to the corners to extend their careers.

    While DJ is still a very good defender at 2nd base, he hasn't been a GG or truly elite there since the 18 season. Another thing is if you look back at his entire career he has always played all over the infield, he only exclusively played 2nd base from 15-18, the rest of his career he has spent playing all over the INF. He came to the Yanks as a utility player and it certainly hasn't effected him in the least the last couple seasons
    While he might not be the defender he once was at 2nd base, he still grades out as above avg at 1st,2nd &3rd

    DJ is a big bodied, 6'4 225lbs, 2nd baseman. Those type of players tend not to age well because as they start to lose their range, very few hit enough to justify moving to an easier defensive positions like 1st or 3rd or a COF. DJ is one of the few that does hit well enough to play those positions later in his career

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    That doesn't even begin to make sense. Different positions highlight different skillsets. 1st and 3rd base don't require nearly the range that 2nd base and SS do. Thats why you tend to see older players that can still hit, shift to the corners to extend their careers.

    While DJ is still a very good defender at 2nd base, he hasn't been a GG or truly elite there since the 18 season. Another thing is if you look back at his entire career he has always played all over the infield, he only exclusively played 2nd base from 15-18, the rest of his career he has spent playing all over the INF. He came to the Yanks as a utility player and it certainly hasn't effected him in the least the last couple seasons
    While he might not be the defender he once was at 2nd base, he still grades out as above avg at 1st,2nd &3rd

    DJ is a big bodied, 6'4 225lbs, 2nd baseman. Those type of players tend not to age well because as they start to lose their range, very few hit enough to justify moving to an easier defensive positions like 1st or 3rd or a COF. DJ is one of the few that does hit well enough to play those positions later in his career
    What doesnít make sense is saying he is not what he once was at the position he had won gold gloves at and played over 1000 games at but still say he is very good defensively at the other positions he has played less than 20% of his career at .

  13. #103
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,530
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a7620941.html


    This article seems fitting.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What doesnít make sense is saying he is not what he once was at the position he had won gold gloves at and played over 1000 games at but still say he is very good defensively at the other positions he has played less than 20% of his career at .
    he doesn't have the range at 2nd base at 32 that he did when he was 26-29. Its hardly a surprise a guy with such a big body has lost a step or 2 as he's aged past 30.

    1st and 3rd don't require the range that 2nd base does, so that wouldn't effect his ability to be a very good fielder at those other 2 positions. If you look at the stats this yr he's actually playing his best defense at 1st base and he is hitting by far the best when he's playing 3rd. His OAA actually rank him higher this yr at 1st and 3rd vs 2nd

    Its truly baffling trying to understand some of the concepts about baseball and what happens with players yr to yr that you seem to believe as facts

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Of course back to the same tired played out ď moving goal posts ď crap . Always resorting to that when losing an argument ...
    And the incorrect, accusation of someone else, losing an argument by the person who has lost more arguments than everyone on PSD combined since PSD started.

    Someone who has repeatedly lied. Repeatedly cried. Repeatedly ran to hide.
    Someone who has never proven anything after making countless, false accusations and false commentary.

    Someone who's negativity permeates the thread. Who's whiny, uniformed commentary have become the joke of PSD.

    Stick to the shovel and the cows.



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •