Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    german had thrown 79 pitches and was in complete control before the home run
    I thought he looked like he was running out of gas when he can back out for the 7th but your absolutely right he had been cruising to thru 6

great gritty yankee win

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I do think he has been squaring the ball up more lately. Might be due for a hot streak.
    I really hope so because we really need his bat for this offense to really start clicking. My concern is he is still swinging at really bad pitches out of the zone... Hopefully when Voit comes back, that will help jump start Clint

Game over , Stanton with the walk off hit!!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    How long till were officially worried about Frazier
    last month for me.

Stanton coming up big when we needed him, great sign... Great win, great series... gotta love winning 2days in a row with a walk off. That has to build this teams confidence going into Tampa

Stanton coming up big when we needed him, great sign... Great win, great series... gotta love winning 2days in a row with a walk off. That has to build this teams confidence going into Tampa
    Yep, confidence builder. Never give up or quit. Good to see. Not too long ago I felt just the opposite, too much quit hoping the next guy up will bail them out. Didn't see the intensity or urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    last month for me.
    me too, i really hope we start seeing something from his bat soon. The way Florial has been hitting since ST he may force his way into the lineup conversation

me too, i really hope we start seeing something from his bat soon. The way Florial has been hitting since ST he may force his way into the lineup conversation
    I'm not ready to give up on him, he may need time to find his stroke and build some confidence. The way Florial has been hitting it might be time to give him a look. The question, is he ready for ML off speed breaking stuff? It can build confidence, it can also devastate his psyche' should he fail. Tough call, but imo a risk worth taking. Can he be any worse than Frazier? I don't think Yanks lose anything defensively, in fact they may actually pick up some speed on the bases.

I would give Frazier atleast another month before thinking about replacing him . I know he is better than what we have seen this season

Well went to moms so I only saw the first 8, gotta love the start by Germann, yes one batter too long, but very economical performance and yes Iíll take it.
    Gleyber HR another big hit and coupled with yesterday Iím sure heís coming around.
    I do think Hicks is going to get better and yes from the stats I saw he is coming around. Heís too good of a all around hitter to just lose it, while he might not hit .300 for the year Iím willing to bet his average is quite respectable by the end of the year.
    Bully again comes through. Michael Kay made a great point about our all around pitching, Iíll paraphrase but he said with as bad as the bottom of our order has been can you imagine if we didnít have good pitching??!!
    Stanton has not hit well last couple of games, but did he bring that to the plate with him in the ninth? No he did not he focused and got the game winning RBI!
    Now for my downer, of all our ball players who arenít where we think they should be IMO there is only one who will not come around and that is Sanchez. I agree with Day that his defense has gotten better but his abís are basically useless. Paul OíNeil said when youíre struggling like him, news flash heís been ďstruggling ď for 2 years now. Iíve heard he works very hard etc. but when he came out with his ďI have no idea why I was benchedĒ statement that cryís out to me no accountability. So hereís my question? Do we cut bait? I understand itís 5 million dollars but itís 5 million dollar worth of Kís. Are there any better options? Now Cash has not called me yet to ask my opinion but we really need to look at this.
    All in all we took two out of 3 from a good club and Iíll take two out of three all day long!

I will be surprised if hicks ends the season hitting higher than. .250

Despite some people saying this team sucks (because of a MASSIVE 2 game losing streak), the Yankees haven't dropped a series in over 6 series now.

I am not one of those people , in fact I keep saying they will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Well went to moms so I only saw the first 8, gotta love the start by Germann, yes one batter too long, but very economical performance and yes Iíll take it.
    Gleyber HR another big hit and coupled with yesterday Iím sure heís coming around.
    I do think Hicks is going to get better and yes from the stats I saw he is coming around. Heís too good of a all around hitter to just lose it, while he might not hit .300 for the year Iím willing to bet his average is quite respectable by the end of the year.
    Bully again comes through. Michael Kay made a great point about our all around pitching, Iíll paraphrase but he said with as bad as the bottom of our order has been can you imagine if we didnít have good pitching??!!
    Stanton has not hit well last couple of games, but did he bring that to the plate with him in the ninth? No he did not he focused and got the game winning RBI!
    Now for my downer, of all our ball players who arenít where we think they should be IMO there is only one who will not come around and that is Sanchez. I agree with Day that his defense has gotten better but his abís are basically useless. Paul OíNeil said when youíre struggling like him, news flash heís been ďstruggling ď for 2 years now. Iíve heard he works very hard etc. but when he came out with his ďI have no idea why I was benchedĒ statement that cryís out to me no accountability. So hereís my question? Do we cut bait? I understand itís 5 million dollars but itís 5 million dollar worth of Kís. Are there any better options? Now Cash has not called me yet to ask my opinion but we really need to look at this.
    All in all we took two out of 3 from a good club and Iíll take two out of three all day long!
    I'll take that start from German every time. Even though he didn't have his best FB, he was still had enough movement on it and located it well enough to still be very effective. His improvement with his CU since he has been called backup has been a big reason for his turn around. He's gotten his ERA down to 4.02 all the way from 10 after his first 2 starts. He looks like a very good middle of the rotation pitcher, which is exactly what we need him to be. If the playoffs started today, i'd probably want him starting game 3

That was great to see Torres finally get his 1st HR, now that pressure is off his shoulders, hopefully he relaxes and starts pounding the ball again like he was towards the end of ST. He's just to good and way to talented to keep struggling for much longer at the plate.

I hope you are correct about Hicks. I'm not nearly as confident that he will figure it out, atleast from the LH side. To me it doesn't look like he's seeing the ball well from that side and the bat speed looks slower from the LH side as well. I don't know if his TJS is effecting his swing or bat speed from that side but it doesn't look good IMO. Defensively he's been fine but the arm is nearly what it was.

I think what makes Hicks performance more worrisome for me is also how badly Gardy and Clint look also. None of them are performing well at the plate. Were already thru 20% of the season and other than very brief stretches, they haven't shown anything at the plate and they are healthy. Florial is every bit the defender any of those 3 are and has been tearing the cover off the ball since ST. How much longer do we watch this group struggle before Florial gets into the conversation ? I'm not advocating for giving Florial a full time, starting job but would it really hurt to give him an audition at some point soon? The bottom of the lineup is flat not performing, how much worse could Florial look?

I have no idea what you do with Sanchez at this point. The talent is still there and there would probably be 20+ teams that would love to try and fix him but i doubt we would get anything better than a lottery ticket in return in a trade. I don't think he's really going to hurt us catching 1-2 games a week and hope he starts hitting to raise his trade value? I don't think they are going to just cut him mid season when they have already said publicly that they believe in his talent and are go to have to pay him if they cut him or not. We only have about 1m under the luxury tax, are they really going to find that much of a better option thats available for less than 1m? if Hal refuses to go over the LT are they really going to want to spend your last money on a backup C? I just don't see it

IMO, i think they will keep him for the rest of the yr and hope like crazy he figures out how to hit again. I think the best thing that could happen is he get "hurt" and goes down to rehab. When Gary is hitting well he has an extreme confidence about him at the plate, he has none right now. Maybe going down and working against lesser pitchers and feeling like what it feels like to hit again could help him. Maybe that snaps him out of it and he can come back and hit well enough to raise his trade value a bit.

If this team under performs all yr and/or we miss the playoffs , we've been told there will be big changes to the lineup. I think they roll the rest of the yr or until he plays his way out of the starting job with Higgy as the starter and Gary as a backup. Then look to make the changes you need to during the off season. If we were desperate for a starting C it would be one thing but Higgy is showing to be good enough to handle that role. Bleacher Report is actually picking Higgy to make the AS team as a backup, thats how bad C position has been around the AL.

Yes, Sanchez has been bad, but catching around baseball has been pretty bad overall this yr, if he can hit a little as a backup with his improved defense hopefully he worth something in trade this winter. As long as Higgy is playing well, what our backup C does isn't going to make a huge difference on the overall performance as a team. We also still have Chiros who is a pretty good defensive C and has worked well with Cole in the past, coming back from injury who would be another good backup option

I have no idea what the right thing to do with Sanchez is, i really don't think anyone knows. He used to be one of the better FB hitters in baseball and now he can't catch up to anything above 92mph. I think his career as a starter is probably over with the Yanks but unless they can get something valuable in return i think they wait till the off season to move on from him.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast