Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Cardinals really dodged a bullet by him not accepting their offer. I think it was 9/200 or somewhere along those lines.
    I thought it was like 220, the marlins also made him a 10 year offer.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I thought it was like 220, the marlins also made him a 10 year offer.
    Yeah, I don't remember that total, just that it was in the 200 range. And the Marlins did make him a good offer, but they wouldn't give him a no trade clause, so he wouldn't take it.

It's amazing that when he left the Cardinals his average was 328. He dropped 30 points after 11 years of at bats. I don't know if that is the biggest drop ever after having that many at bats, but I would think it would have to be. It takes a special kind of suck to drop that many points with over 6,000 at bats. Makes you wonder how old he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    It's amazing that when he left the Cardinals his average was 328. He dropped 30 points after 11 years of at bats. I don't know if that is the biggest drop ever after having that many at bats, but I would think it would have to be. It takes a special kind of suck to drop that many points with over 6,000 at bats. Makes you wonder how old he really is.
    If he is older than he claims, then it's that much more impressive how productive he was over the first 5 years of that contract.
    (He wasn't worth the money) but he was still a valuable hitter for many of those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    That 2011-2012 offseason turned out to be a disaster of an offseason.

Pujols w/ Cardinals (2001-2011) - 81.2 WAR

Pujols w/ Angels (2012-2021) - 5.6 WAR
    That's bc they secretly signed 43 year old Pujols in 2012.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

You know Pujols has been bad on the Angels when you donít even realize heís been on the Angels only one season less than the Cardinals.

Dude has a career 145OPS+ yet never hit that once in LA.

Has to be one of the worst fall offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Hard not to bring up his age or PEDs when you see the fall off after STL

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    It had to be done. Angels has some good young hitters in the majors and coming up. They need spots in the lineup for them. Upton is probably next.

I almost spit my drink out when I read that. Angels haven't had any good young prospects coming up since about 2010-2011 lol.

Jared Walsh says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Jared Walsh says hello.
    I heard heís mute

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Jared Walsh says hello.
    Fair enough, forgot about him. I just look back over the past decade or so and think of how abysmal it has been for them. Jo Adell for example has a quite a bit of hype, but from what I've seen, doesn't look like the real deal to me.

Yeah, you have a point. I just knew Walsh has been killin' it since he was called up last year. Doesn't hurt that he's on my fantasy baseball team, so I've been keeping up with what he's doing day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Fair enough, forgot about him. I just look back over the past decade or so and think of how abysmal it has been for them. Jo Adell for example has a quite a bit of hype, but from what I've seen, doesn't look like the real deal to me.
    I remember when they had Howie Kendrick, Brandon Wood, Erick Aybar and Jered Weaver (all top 50 prospects, some top 10) all come up around the same time. They were all supposed to be stars. Weaver lived up to the hype. Kendrick had a very nice career, but him, Wood, and Aybar never quite became the stars the Angels were hoping for.

I didn't realize until now that Howie Kendrick was no longer an active player.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I remember when they had Howie Kendrick, Brandon Wood, Erick Aybar and Jered Weaver (all top 50 prospects, some top 10) all come up around the same time. They were all supposed to be stars. Weaver lived up to the hype. Kendrick had a very nice career, but him, Wood, and Aybar never quite became the stars the Angels were hoping for.
    And that happens to a lot of teams. But since Trout debuted, have they graduated a first round pick?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12