Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I agree, however I don't think you can until you remove on going leadership and term limits does that.
    Nope, the newcomers will, not all, continue to play the same game the exiting politicians play. Enriching oneself thru politics is as old as the system itself. Remove the money, and you remove the effect of big money on politics. Term limits wouldn't be as big as a factor with money removed from the system.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I see you missed it. You are blaming Republicans. Check out your fellow democrats first. You do a great Pot impersonation
    Pretty hard to blame them here. They can't get elected.

What problem do term limits really solve? You put new ***es in seats, that's it. It doesn't actually solve any underlying problem.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What problem do term limits really solve? You put new ***es in seats, that's it. It doesn't actually solve any underlying problem.
    It means the old guard lose their grip and the corporations have to purchase new congressmen every year rather than just keeping the good old ones.

We also have more possibility of getting some better people in just with simple turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I don’t like term limits in priniciple, but in a system that needs as much reforming as ours needs, they are practical and, I would hope, beneficial.

Reducing the influence of money in our system is far more of a necessity, but at the same time [edit] far more unlikely.
    Of course to get term limits we would need current leadership to support it ... but to get money out of the system we would need current leadership to support it. So we are ****ed.

I see you missed it. You are blaming Republicans. Check out your fellow democrats first. You do a great Pot impersonation
    Actually, I have been very critical of Democratic Administrations in the past and several issues they supported. I consider myself an Independent and really wish there was a viable third party that for a while at least would be devoid of all the corruption in our existing parties.

But one thing stands out here. Democrats have not supported treason and the "Big Lie." Not since the Civil War anyway. Your party is not traitorous by nature, but currently has many traitors in it. That is why I single you out. Not any great love for the Democrats.

A chicken and egg problem. We are depending on those who benefit from a corrupt system to change it. We have newbies entering the system to play it as the old-timer did. Those benefits are sweeter than what peons get on their jobs.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    A chicken and egg problem. We are depending on those who benefit from a corrupt system to change it. We have newbies entering the system to play it as the old-timer did. Those benefits are sweeter than what peons get on their jobs.
    Makes me thing of Trey Collingsworth here in Indiana. He couldn't get elected in Tennessee so his Daddy bought him a seat here. Guess he is fitting in well with the Trumpkins and having a pretty good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Makes me thing of Trey Collingsworth here in Indiana. He couldn't get elected in Tennessee so his Daddy bought him a seat here. Guess he is fitting in well with the Trumpkins and having a pretty good time.
    I see I will have to call my dad and tell him to get me a political seat for Christmas. Must be nice.

Will Rogers

I see I will have to call my dad and tell him to get me a political seat for Christmas. Must be nice.
    If he has the bucks and the connections--go for it. I understand it is a pretty sweet life other than all those stupid meetings with your fellow "legislators."

I used parentheses because most of the traitors are not real Republicans. Liz Chaney is a real Republican. May not agree with a lot she stands for, but her voting record speaks for itself.

http://politicsthatwork.com/voting-r...-Cheney-412732

Not only is the faction spreading "The Big Lie" but are actively working through legislation to eliminate and/or redistrict areas to insure Republican victories.

This is treason. Either we are a democracy where citizens have the right to vote or we are moving towards a one party system. What will be next? Genetic tests to eliminate people of color? Not that funny of a concept considering what steps they stoop to now. If they are successful in 2022 what WILL be next? Camps for dissidents? Forced servitude? As their madness evolves, who can say what comes next?

We have a serious problem in this country if we are to remain a democracy. We need to mobilize now and combat these illegal efforts to disenfranchise the majority of Americans.
    Oh right……those evik republiucans afwe a threat to our society.

But, of course, House Biul HR 1 is just a great idea.

Right.

Both actually, but we both know you didn't know that.
    Incorrect, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Oh right……those evik republiucans afwe a threat to our society.

But, of course, House Biul HR 1 is just a great idea.

Right.
    While I agree with you about certain factions of the Republican Party being an afwe threat to our society, I have to admit the real ones like Governor Whitcomb are pretty decent people. That's right, I called the Indiana Governor a good guy. Think he has done a great job during this pandemic. Probably why certain Republicans in the legislature have voted to reduce his emergency powers.

Also, if House Biul HR 1 is passed and nearly everyone can vote, the Republicans are truly ******! Of course, an alternative plan might include proposing and passing legislation that benefited the majority of people. Actually caring about the average citizen, our infrastructure, the poverty that ultimately causes a great deal of our crime and a lot of other silly notions might give them the ability to compete in a fair election.

In fact, it probably wouldn't be that hard to do a better job representing "We the People" than the Democrats claim to do.
    Last edited by Blue6; 05-06-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Newbies coming in are told what they have to do to get re-elected immediately when they come in, and are pressured to do as they are told. They either join or they are gone. Twas it ever thus.

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

I used parentheses because most of the traitors are not real Republicans. Liz Chaney is a real Republican. May not agree with a lot she stands for, but her voting record speaks for itself.

http://politicsthatwork.com/voting-r...-Cheney-412732

Not only is the faction spreading "The Big Lie" but are actively working through legislation to eliminate and/or redistrict areas to insure Republican victories.

This is treason. Either we are a democracy where citizens have the right to vote or we are moving towards a one party system. What will be next? Genetic tests to eliminate people of color? Not that funny of a concept considering what steps they stoop to now. If they are successful in 2022 what WILL be next? Camps for dissidents? Forced servitude? As their madness evolves, who can say what comes next?

We have a serious problem in this country if we are to remain a democracy. We need to mobilize now and combat these illegal efforts to disenfranchise the majority of Americans.
    If they win in 2022 Biden. Will still be president, so I don't see how they would accomplish any of that nightmare fuel your drinking. Also, if they didn't bother trying any of that when they had control of both houses of congress and Trump in the white house, why would they try it b in 2024?

Bro stop getting your news from Facebook memes.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast