Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady Did This

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm not even a Trump supporter, but calling him an "overt" racist is exactly why nobody takes race-baiters seriously at this point. Every reason ever given for acting like Trump is some Klansman fits every president we've had for decades, including the current one.

Also it might be wrong to call LeBron a racist, but he's absolutely a race-baiter and only seems to care about the plight of black people. He will literally speak out any time anything happens to a black person before he even knows the slightest details; see: black girl getting shot while trying to slash someone with a knife. LeBron has had opportunities to speak out against injustice for Jewish people AND Chinese people, but instead either opted to say nothing or to imply it's a complex issue that we shouldn't talk about. "SiLenCe iS vIoLenCe" when it effects black people, but we need to keep quiet whenever it might effect his marketability to China.
    Give me a break man. He is an open, pompous racist.

It's not the same as Biden; Bush, others saying ignorant things.

People say stupid things. Trump happily says it, admits to it, sticks to it. It's who he is.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

People say stupid things. Trump happily says it, admits to it, sticks to it. It's who he is.

I'm sure you feel that's true, yet nobody ever felt this way until he started his platform as a potential republican candidate. You're happy to brush every instance of Biden saying questionable racist things off, but anything Trump says must be vehemently racist.

Agreed, I just felt the need to defend it to a certain extent. Felt like I was looking at a right wing twitter feed.

You feel the need to defend LeBron in discussions about horse racing

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    You really want to die on the Le'Veon Bell hill on this thread?
    Give it a rest.
    It's an incredibly bad analogy that you insist on beating to death.
    Just face it, what Brady did this past year moved the NFL QB market light years closer to the NBA superstar market.
    There's no shame in realizing and admitting that.
    Who is the last star player to have forced his way out of a team before Bell?

That's what Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, and Russell Wilson are trying to do. Brady didn't even do it overtly; he just had a clause in his last extension that guaranteed he'd become a free agent, and then joined a very talented roster. Rodgers, Watson, and Wilson all are under contract with the teams they are trying to force their way out of, just like Bell was.

There is no shame in realizing and admitting that Bell started this trend.

Also it might be wrong to call LeBron a racist, but he's absolutely a race-baiter and only seems to care about the plight of black people. He will literally speak out any time anything happens to a black person before he even knows the slightest details; see: black girl getting shot while trying to slash someone with a knife. LeBron has had opportunities to speak out against injustice for Jewish people AND Chinese people, but instead either opted to say nothing or to imply it's a complex issue that we shouldn't talk about. "SiLenCe iS vIoLenCe" when it effects black people, but we need to keep quiet whenever it might effect his marketability to China.
    Maybe LeBron ought to highlight other anti-racist activists but I don't think it's legit criticism that he only speaks up about issues that affect his community.

The China thing was about Hong Kong, right? The protesters there actually killed and set people on fire, so I'm not sure anyone is obligated to unite with them. I don't think BLM killed anyone yet. They'd be massively discredited if that were the case.

When it comes to materially affecting people of color in a negative way, I'd say Biden is actually worse than Trump, because he pushed for the laws that exploded the prison population, and for the Iraq War, too. He even personally wrote a racist law: the 100-1 rule.

That reminds me, China hasn't started a war since Reform and Open Up (1979) and also incarcerates people at a lower rate than the USA. So good on LeBron for worrying about his own country first.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

That's what Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, and Russell Wilson are trying to do. Brady didn't even do it overtly; he just had a clause in his last extension that guaranteed he'd become a free agent, and then joined a very talented roster. Rodgers, Watson, and Wilson all are under contract with the teams they are trying to force their way out of, just like Bell was.

Id again point to Carson Palmer who retired to force a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe LeBron ought to highlight other anti-racist activists but I don't think it's legit criticism that he only speaks up about issues that affect his community.
    He doesn't just speak up on issues, he literally manufacturers them and/or throws gasoline on a fire. He will jump on any perceived black injustice and run with it before knowing anything about it; like I mentioned with the girl who got shot while trying to stab someone, he literally posted a tweet of the LEO with text saying "YOU'RE NEXT!", then when actual details came out showing that she had a knife actively trying to slash someone, LeBron deleted the tweet but still doubled down on his ignorance and said he's sick of seeing police kill black people and the system is the problem and racists use his words against him blah blah. So basically he's shown even when the "system"/police work pretty much how it's supposed to, he's still going to be upset if a black person is involved. The whole "no justice, no peace" stance is meaningless if people can't accept the truth when it contradicts their initial overreaction.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-makhia-bryant

The China thing was about Hong Kong, right? The protesters there actually killed and set people on fire, so I'm not sure anyone is obligated to unite with them. I don't think BLM killed anyone yet. They'd be massively discredited if that were the case.
    I'm sure some HK protesters could have killed someone at some point considering they were being gassed, beaten by police in riot gear, and who knows what else. I read an AMA of an EMT who was beaten for trying to provide treatment to protesters. The HK protests were in response to potential legislation that could've taken away the HK state's autonomy and forced them to work under mainland China laws which would result in loss of liberties.

Saying BLM hasn't killed anyone is a lie/misleading, because any time something bad happens at BLM protests they just say "that's the individual, not the group". BLM riots have killed/attacked plenty of people, hell, they turned parts of Minneapolis into a ****ing 3rd world country, but since that's not under the direction of any official BLM group, you technically can say BLM hasn't killed anyone, only individuals at BLM protests have.

That reminds me, China hasn't started a war since Reform and Open Up (1979) and also incarcerates people at a lower rate than the USA. So good on LeBron for worrying about his own country first.
    China also is enslaving Muslims in camps in western China and does who knows what else. **** China and **** LeBron.

Brady is definitely far more of a racist than LBJ. Please don't compare the two.

Brady is a Trumper. Enough said.

Brady invited Antonio Brown to stay at his house with him his wife and kids.You're just another one of those guys.
    Those guys that raise a fit when a white guy shows racism against a black guy (and people should raise a fit) but when it's a black guy showing racism towards a white guy your perfectly ok with it
    It's pathetic and so are you
    Enough said

I'm sure you feel that's true, yet nobody ever felt this way until he started his platform as a potential republican candidate. You're happy to brush every instance of Biden saying questionable racist things off, but anything Trump says must be vehemently racist.
    Not at all. I hate Biden. But since he isn't overly racist, he is in effect a better person.

He can make mistakes, but it is not in his character in recent history to be brazenly and openly racist.

Also, Trump has been known as a racist for a long time lol

When it comes to materially affecting people of color in a negative way, I'd say Biden is actually worse than Trump, because he pushed for the laws that exploded the prison population, and for the Iraq War, too. He even personally wrote a racist law: the 100-1 rule.

Yes, the system is broken and oppressive. Biden is a part of that.

Trump wasn't a politician at the time. He is far more overtly racist - and even further right - thus would have instated more extreme policies had he been given the opportunity.

Biden is only more a part of the problem because he was a politican in a broken system for a long period of time.

Last edited by blams; 05-16-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by bledrules View Post
    Brady invited Antonio Brown to stay at his house with him his wife and kids.You're just another one of those guys.
    Those guys that raise a fit when a white guy shows racism against a black guy (and people should raise a fit) but when it's a black guy showing racism towards a white guy your perfectly ok with it
    It's pathetic and so are you
    Enough said
    Being nice to, or having black friends/family in absolutely no way makes someone not a racist. Hahahaha.

Nonetheless this has been discussed and I've made it clear I don't believe Brady is a racist.

And yes, due to the way society is a white person being racist is an example of supremacy while black person is an example of sustained bitterness.

One is worse than the other.

Last edited by blams; 05-16-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Click here to register!

I'm sure some HK protesters could have killed someone at some point considering they were being gassed, beaten by police in riot gear, and who knows what else. I read an AMA of an EMT who was beaten for trying to provide treatment to protesters. The HK protests were in response to potential legislation that could've taken away the HK state's autonomy and forced them to work under mainland China laws which would result in loss of liberties.

Saying BLM hasn't killed anyone is a lie/misleading, because any time something bad happens at BLM protests they just say "that's the individual, not the group". BLM riots have killed/attacked plenty of people, hell, they turned parts of Minneapolis into a ****ing 3rd world country, but since that's not under the direction of any official BLM group, you technically can say BLM hasn't killed anyone, only individuals at BLM protests have.
    HK protesters have killed a maintenance worker by throwing a brick at his head, so that's a little more direct than BLM's supposed death toll. I'm aware HK youth faces lots of issues because the city has been grossly mismanaged by four oligarchical families, but these particular protests were sparked because a guy who murdered his girlfriend was supposed to be extradited to the Chinese mainland, so not the most noble cause.

I am really confused why you have so much criticism for BLM in the USA but defend the protesters in HK.

China also is enslaving Muslims in camps in western China and does who knows what else. **** China and **** LeBron.
    Slavery is legal in US prisons, too, and the US military is killing plenty of Muslims in the Middle East. If I were an US American that's where I would direct my attention, because what my own country does is something I could actually affect.

HK protesters have killed a maintenance worker by throwing a brick at his head, so that's a little more direct than BLM's supposed death toll. I'm aware HK youth faces lots of issues because the city has been grossly mismanaged by four oligarchical families, but these particular protests were sparked because a guy who murdered his girlfriend was supposed to be extradited to the Chinese mainland, so not the most noble cause.

I am really confused why you have so much criticism for BLM in the USA but defend the protesters in HK.

Slavery is legal in US prisons, too, and the US military is killing plenty of Muslims in the Middle East. If I were an US American that's where I would direct my attention, because what my own country does is something I could actually affect.
    Enslavement, organ harvesting, and sterilization of an ethnic group by China is the same thing as US prisons and warfare? Come on man, you're better than that. Nobody is saying the US prison system isn't highly flawed and the US playing world police isn't awful. The **** China does is downright disgusting and few important people are ethical enough to speak out about it due to fear of losing the 1.3 billion person market that China can offer. I lose respect for anyone who wants to play the "oh, it's a complex issue and culture and... uh world politics blah blah" card regarding China while simultaneously painting US police brutality as the simplest/single variable concept.

You've Missed the Point Completely

This is about QB's and how the QB market has been shaped by Brady's exploits this past year.

RB's have nothing to do with it.
    RB's are the most powerless entities in the NFL - they had no power even before the Bell disaster.
    What Le'Veon Bell did is irrelevant not only to the QB market but to everything
    He was a complete bust with the Jets - if anything, he did his best to do the complete opposite of what Brady did - he attempted to ruin the market for future players who wanted to force a trade by his horrific play.
    On every level, you're completely off base as to what the point of this thread was.

Enslavement, organ harvesting, and sterilization of an ethnic group by China is the same thing as US prisons and warfare? Come on man, you're better than that. Nobody is saying the US prison system isn't highly flawed and the US playing world police isn't awful. The **** China does is downright disgusting and few important people are ethical enough to speak out about it due to fear of losing the 1.3 billion person market that China can offer. I lose respect for anyone who wants to play the "oh, it's a complex issue and culture and... uh world politics blah blah" card regarding China while simultaneously painting US police brutality as the simplest/single variable concept.
    China does bad things..the US does bad things. It's hardly in a place to judge other countries ESPECIALLY with the widespread impact of US imperialism.

The US does a lot more than most are ready to admit - both domestically and internationally. I'm not going to minimize it in an effort to demonize China's antics. There's a reason the US is a joke worldwide and Americans are laughed at.

Last edited by blams; 05-17-2021 at 06:23 AM.

Click here to register!

Its obvious that blams doesnt know what racism is.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast