25. Justin Fields
    26. Jared Goff
    27. Cam Newton
    28. Sam Darnold
    29. Tua Tagovailoa
    30. Zach Wilson
    31. Jalen Hurts
    32. Drew Lock

Sucks that they didn't rank the "not the starter, but probably starting" QBs too.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Interesting. I think it's actually a pretty good list rankings-wise, especially on the top half. Towards the bottom, though, I think Hurts is badly under ranked and Daniel Jones is hugely over ranked. I would move Jones down to maybe 25 and Hurts just above him probably to the low 20s (he is like 10 spots too low).

Can't really say how rookie QBs should be ranked (since we have literally 0 NFL tape from them), so they should probably just be excluded until next year.

I also disagree with Wentz being behind Fitzpatrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Interesting. I think it's actually a pretty good list rankings-wise, especially on the top half. Towards the bottom, though, I think Hurts is badly under ranked and Daniel Jones is hugely over ranked. I would move Jones down to maybe 25 and Hurts just above him probably to the low 20s (he is like 10 spots too low).

Can't really say how rookie QBs should be ranked (since we have literally 0 NFL tape from them), so they should probably just be excluded until next year.

I also disagree with Wentz being behind Fitzpatrick.
    Quite a few that Wentz shouldn’t be behind.

Hurts was pretty bad after his legs were taken from him. Still has quite a bit to prove.

The rankings are based on past performance, so I have no issue with Hurts being 31st.

Jalen Hurts will get his opportunity to showcase not only his skills but his leadership heading into 2021. Hurts provided an immediate spark last season, but the wheels started to fall off after that. Hurts must manage the game with better decision-making. He finished the season with nine turnover-worthy plays in the last four games. If Hurts wants to be the guy in Philadelphia, then he needs to protect the ball better. His leadership and poise will bring the team together, but production — and winning football games — must follow.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The rankings are based on past performance, so I have no issue with Hurts being 31st.
    Yeah, but if that's the case then why would he behind some of the rookie QBs like Zach Wilson? We've seen Hurts in NFL games be pretty good (and also be pretty bad at times). I like him moving into a second pro season to improve with a pretty high floor (even if he might have a limited ceiling). I like him more than Cam, Goff, Darnold, Jones, Fitzpatrick, Winston and the rookies. 31 feels really low.

Quite a few that Wentz shouldn’t be behind.

Hurts was pretty bad after his legs were taken from him. Still has quite a bit to prove.
    He definitely has more to prove, but he has shown more promise to me in the games he played last year than Daniel Jones has in two seasons. Jones might break through this year, but for a preseason ranking I'll take Hurts right now.

For Wentz, the overreactions to one bad year remain here. Jimmy G was hurt and not good last year, but he's ranked ahead of Wentz? I don't see it. Obviously Daniel Jones shouldn't be above him (see points above). I think you can slot Wentz in right behind Burrow on this list.

Well, combo of that and projected 2021 performance. Which is to say a QB on a "bad team" is going to be ranked lower than a QB on a "good team".

That's why Danny Dimes is rated higher than he arguably should be, for example. The Giants have signed a lot of people to catch the ball and are getting their star RB back. If Jones is 'pretty close' to a number of QBs on the list, that will cause him to rank higher.

Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Not a bad list. I look at it as if you need to win a game in week 8 and you know nothing else about who is on your team, how would yoh rank them. As always with these things, I have some smaller gripes, like Rodgers should be above Brady. I think Allen showed enough last year to bump him over Watson. Matt Ryan feels a bit high. Kyler feels a bit low. Stafford might be correctly ranked, but I so think he should be a bit higher personally. A couple dudes on the bottom feel like they could be shuffled, but when you're on the bottom, you're unproven or super streaky, so you can't really gripe too much. Like if I have to win tomorrow, give me say hurts over Tua, but that could change and both guys are basically unproven.

Yeah, but if that's the case then why would he behind some of the rookie QBs like Zach Wilson? We've seen Hurts in NFL games be pretty good (and also be pretty bad at times). I like him moving into a second pro season to improve with a pretty high floor (even if he might have a limited ceiling). I like him more than Cam, Goff, Darnold, Jones, Fitzpatrick, Winston and the rookies. 31 feels really low.
    I'm not a fan of Zach Wilson, but I'm still fine with putting him higher given that he was a better prospect entering the NFL than Hurts was. It gets more complicated comparing rookies to multi-year starters; I probably wouldn't include them at all but I'm also not in the business of selling NFL content.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Well, combo of that and projected 2021 performance. Which is to say a QB on a "bad team" is going to be ranked lower than a QB on a "good team".

That's why Danny Dimes is rated higher than he arguably should be, for example. The Giants have signed a lot of people to catch the ball and are getting their star RB back. If Jones is 'pretty close' to a number of QBs on the list, that will cause him to rank higher.
    It's weird because PFF pretends they are grading players individually ("the grading works to isolate each quarterback’s performance from that of his supporting cast, making for more effective projections"), but they probably know that it doesn't.

It's weird because PFF pretends they are grading players individually ("the grading works to isolate each quarterback’s performance from that of his supporting cast, making for more effective projections"), but they probably know that it doesn't.
    Well this post was specifically "ranking" rather than "grading" so I took that to mean it isn't based on their grading system, but who knows. I figured ranking = grading + team good/bad. It does say:

PFF’s quarterback rankings are based on grading every player on every play and tapping into multiple years of data to project future performance. We go beyond just last season’s performances, and the grading works to isolate each quarterback’s performance from that of his supporting cast, making for more effective projections.

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Not a bad list. I look at it as if you need to win a game in week 8 and you know nothing else about who is on your team, how would you rank them. As always with these things, I have some smaller gripes, like Rodgers should be above Brady. I think Allen showed enough last year to bump him over Watson. Matt Ryan feels a bit high. Kyler feels a bit low. Stafford might be correctly ranked, but I so think he should be a bit higher personally. A couple dudes on the bottom feel like they could be shuffled, but when you're on the bottom, you're unproven or super streaky, so you can't really gripe too much. Like if I have to win tomorrow, give me say hurts over Tua, but that could change and both guys are basically unproven.
    Brady is interesting. There was a report out that he didn't know the full playbook until like week 10 for Arians system.

The idea was he will be better next year as a result. Big if true.

Rodgers might be lower just because of the drama and how it might impact his play. I was surprised they included Watson, since it is unclear if he will play. And I suppose it's weird to list Cam instead of Mac when also listing Fields instead of Dalton.

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

These rankings are odd. Zach Wilson behind Justin fields?

Daniel Jones ahead of anyone?

Ben rothlisberger in the top 20

so brady is above rodgers because superbowl but not above mahomes who rodgers was better than last season? lmfao

Wentz and Wilson were the same guy for the same amount of season.

Wentz and Wilson were the same guy for the same amount of season.
    No. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast