Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady Did This

Breaking news:
    2021 and a fan learns the impact of a QB.

Of all the hills “to die on” using Brady moving means NFL teams understand the impact of the QB is the worst one to be on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Guess I Didn't Make Myself Clear

You guys are acting like I'm saying that no one knew the importance of quarterback play until Brady won the superbowl.

Not saying that.

What I am saying is that people sure have short memories.

Last year at this time nobody thought Tampa would do anything with or without Brady and nobody thought New England would collapse because Belichick was a genius.

It's a whole new narrative now. Belichick is out trying to re-establish his legacy and Brady has taken his value to a new level. And the value of all of the top QB's. We didn't see guys like Watson, Wilson and Rogers dictating their terms to owners, a la Lebron and KD, until this offseason. You all seem to think it's a coincidence. It's not.

As much as QB's were valued before Brady's superbowl, it's moreso now.
    How can it not be?
    No one seriously thought the NFL could ever be like the NBA where one guy, a quarterback not a coach, can transform a team from an also ran to a super bowl champ, but it happened,
    In the past, it was felt a QB could only take a true contender and put it over the top. Brady's changed that.

All of this talk about Tampa not being a bad team and all of that.
    The odds were a zillion to one of Tampa winning the super bowl, then Brady happened and they won it. People aren't picking nits like you guys are "well they were really a good team that just happened to lose a lot".

Brady transformed a moribund franchise into a super bowl champ and that has changed everything. Short memories. Just think back to last year at this time.
    Last edited by ortforshort; 05-07-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    You guys are acting like I'm saying that no one knew the importance of quarterback play until Brady won the superbowl.

Not saying that.

Last year at this time nobody thought Tampa would do anything with or without Brady and nobody thought New England would collapse because Belichick was a genius.

It's a whole new narrative now. Belichick is out trying to re-establish his legacy and Brady has taken his value to a new level. And the value of all of the top QB's. We didn't see guys like Watson, Wilson and Rogers dictating their terms to owners, a la Lebron and KD, until this offseason. You all seem to think it's a coincidence. It's not.

How can it not be?
    No one seriously thought the NFL could ever be like the NBA where one guy, a quarterback not a coach, can transform a team from an also ran to a super bowl champ, but it happened,
    In the past, it was felt a QB could only take a true contender and put it over the top. Brady's changed that.

The odds were a zillion to one of Tampa winning the super bowl, then Brady happened and they won it. People aren't picking nits like you guys are "well they were really a good team that just happened to lose a lot".

Brady transformed a moribund franchise into a super bowl champ and that has changed everything. Short memories. Just think back to last year at this time.
    My first post when Brady signed with TB was “Bucs nfccg minimum”.

Hey guys when you replace a 30td/30int QB with a 40td/12int qb it makes your team better and you could possibly win a super bowl if your opponent loses both starting tackles to injury.

Brady did not demand to be traded, his contract was over and he picked his new team.

Not saying that.

How can it not be?

If you actually look through the discussions regarding “how this will affect Brady and Belichick” on the very forum you’re posting this topic on, you’d see that in fact no one thought the things you’re saying they thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Hey guys when you replace a 30td/30int QB with a 40td/12int qb it makes your team better and you could possibly win a super bowl if your opponent loses both starting tackles to injury.

Brady did not demand to be traded, his contract was over and he picked his new team.
    A team that had an extremely good offensive coach and offensive talent.

Not sure why this guy is acting like this was some scrub team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I recall reading more than once that Russell Wilson, sitting in the Commissioners Box during this past Super Bowl (receiving Man of the Year Award or something,) quietly stewed watching Brady hoist his 7th Lombardi. With his own hand-picked players scoring every TD in the game. Then a couple weeks later he tells Dan Patrick he'd like to be part of the construction of the team. A week later he announces 4 teams he's like to play for if not Seattle.
    If you think Tom Brady played no part in Russ doing a 180 on the Seahawks you're flat-out high.

Quote Originally Posted by rc33 View Post
    I recall reading more than once that Russell Wilson, sitting in the Commissioners Box during this past Super Bowl (receiving Man of the Year Award or something,) quietly stewed watching Brady hoist his 7th Lombardi. With his own hand-picked players scoring every TD in the game. Then a couple weeks later he tells Dan Patrick he'd like to be part of the construction of the team. A week later he announces 4 teams he's like to play for if not Seattle.
    If you think Tom Brady played no part in Russ doing a 180 on the Seahawks you're flat-out high.
    The difference is if you put the ball in Brady's hands he wins super bowls. When they tried to force the Ball to Russ he lost the super bowl and the team. They never recovered from that. Top 10 qbs who have never had a MVP vote don't get that kind of power. russ can go cry in the corner.

It's Not Me

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    A team that had an extremely good offensive coach and offensive talent.

Not sure why this guy is acting like this was some scrub team.

I'm not acting like it's some sort of a scrub team, Watson, Wilson and Rogers are.

If you care to look, you'll see that the big gripe all three of them have is that they don't have a say in what is going on.

As far as the good offensive coach part, Tampa was going nowhere doing it Arians' way. As soon as he capitulated to Brady's way, they were unbeatable.

That's what Watson, Wilson and Rogers all know and it's what they want.
    Brady's super bowl win caused all that - that the great QBs need to take things much more into their own hands in order to win.
    Brady's win has empowered quarterbacks, at least in their minds, in a way that just wasn't there before.

None of these guys would be doing any of this if any of them thought that Tampa had a superbowl ready team that just needed the play of a good QB. Nobody believes the narrative you guys are trying to peddle that Tampa was just the play of a good QB away from winning a superbowl. You need to back off from that because nobody is buying it. Certainly not Watson, Wilson or Rodgers or they wouldn't be behaving the way they are right now.

They now believe that a good QB also needs a lot more power within an organization not only to play well but to mold it and transform it into a superbowl winner, as well. Huge paradigm shift caused by Brady's win.
    Last edited by ortforshort; 05-08-2021 at 01:30 AM.

Fair Enough

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    If you actually look through the discussions regarding “how this will affect Brady and Belichick” on the very forum you’re posting this topic on, you’d see that in fact no one thought the things you’re saying they thought.

Fair enough. I didn't look at that forum. Maybe it was just my perception.

It always seemed to me that the general perception was that Belichick got most of the credit for New England's success and that Brady was a good QB who thrived in the system Belichick created.

And that after Brady won in Tampa, the perception changed from Brady being lucky to be in Belichicks system, it now was that Belichick was lucky to have Brady as his QB all of those years.

That was my perception and what I thought the general perception was, as well.
    Last edited by ortforshort; 05-08-2021 at 01:26 AM.

I'm not the only one dying on this hill

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Breaking news:
    2021 and a fan learns the impact of a QB.

Of all the hills “to die on” using Brady moving means NFL teams understand the impact of the QB is the worst one to be on.

It won't matter much if I die on this hill.

But up here with me are Watson, Wilson and Rogers who all now think that they should have Brady-like influence in whatever organization they end up in. They seem to think it's a hill worth dying on and it wouldn't have happened if Brady hadn't taken Tampa from nowhere to the superbowl last year.

But up here with me are Watson, Wilson and Rogers who all now think that they should have Brady-like influence in whatever organization they end up in. They seem to think it's a hill worth dying on and it wouldn't have happened if Brady hadn't taken Tampa from nowhere to the superbowl last year.
    +1

As far as the good offensive coach part, Tampa was going nowhere doing it Arians' way. As soon as he capitulated to Brady's way, they were unbeatable.
    Well, they were beaten 5 times. And again, "Arians' way" was going 7-9 with a QB who committed 2 turnovers a game. We have know way of knowing but I think they would have been a very good team with any Top 10 QB.

Besides the point

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Well, they were beaten 5 times. And again, "Arians' way" was going 7-9 with a QB who committed 2 turnovers a game. We have know way of knowing but I think they would have been a very good team with any Top 10 QB.
    The question is not whether Tampa would have been a good team, whatever that means, if they had a good quarterback.

The question is how the league has reacted to Brady taking that team to a super bowl and winning it.

The league has obviously reacted very strongly. You've got three of the top five QBs in the league making power plays on their owners and management. You've got the trickle down effect of having such instability at the top of the QB pile which has caused massive turbulence in the QB waters this offseason. Brady's influence cannot be factored out of these happenings, in fact, he's had the major influence in it.

The NFL QB game has now gotten very similar to the NBA superstar game overnight.
    Brady = LeBron - where they go, championships follow - only Brady doesn't get hurt
    Mahomes = Steph - two magicians who don't need to change teams to display their greatness, they already have
    KD, Harden, Kawhi = Watson, Wilson, Rogers - the Brady, LeBron wannabes where KD, Harden and Kawhi have already used the power and now Watson, Wilson and Rogers want to use it. Wouldn't be happening if Brady hadn't done what he did.

The first and the last of these three similarities are something new this offseason.
    And you guys are trying to insist that Brady winning the SuperBowl with Tampa had nothing to do with that.
    Last edited by ortforshort; 05-08-2021 at 05:49 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast