Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lions waive Kerryon Johnson

The #Lions are waiving RB Kerryon Johnson, source said.
    Source via Ian Rapaport, rotoworld, Pride Of Detroit

I'm not surprised he would be gone but I am surprised it is this early.

The Detroit Lions are releasing running back Kerryon Johnson, according to multiple reports.

Detroit drafted the former Auburn standout in the second round in 2018. Johnson became expendable after the team drafted D'Andre Swift No. 35 overall in 2020, signed free agent running back Jamaal Williams in March and drafted Oregon State's Jermar Jefferson last week.

Johnson ran for 1,225 yards and eight touchdowns over three seasons. He also has 61 career receptions for 527 yards and three scores.

Last year, he had 181 yards rushing and two scores on 52 carries. and had 19 receptions for 187 yards receiving and a touchdown.

NFL Network first reported that Johnson would be waived.

The Lions also added a player in free agency, signing tight end Darren Fells on Wednesday. The move gives the team a veteran at the position it can put on the field with Pro Bowl tight end T.J. Hockenson.

The 35-year-old Fells has 123 career catches with 1,483 yards receiving and 21 touchdowns. The previous two years in Houston, he had a combined 55 catches for 653 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Fells has started 76 games -- including 13 with the Lions in 2017 -- and played in 102 games with Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland and the Texans. He was a rebounding standout at UC Irvine and played basketball in Argentina, Mexico, Belgium, Finland and France before playing in the NFL.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Source via Ian Rapaport, rotoworld, Pride Of Detroit

I'm not surprised he would be gone but I am surprised it is this early.
    Yeah I'm a little surprised it was this early as well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

This is the first move the FO has made that Iím not a fan of. I thought if anything he would be cut during preseason roster cuts. With that said, heís lacked production the last couple years and RBs are a dime a dozen. Opens the door for the rookie to get a roster spot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
    This is the first move the FO has made that Iím not a fan of. I thought if anything he would be cut during preseason roster cuts. With that said, heís lacked production the last couple years and RBs are a dime a dozen. Opens the door for the rookie to get a roster spot though.
    I hate the move as well but the signing of Williams pretty much said what they were going to do with him.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!

can you guys elaborate on why you hate the move? Kerryon has never been anything more than an injured player that produces below than average results.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    can you guys elaborate on why you hate the move? Kerryon has never been anything more than an injured player that produces below than average results.
    I only hate the move because it is another wasted pick. I knew his time was up as soon as we signed Williams.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I only hate the move because it is another wasted pick. I knew his time was up as soon as we signed Williams.
    I see. Yeah, that makes sense. Last 4 years of picks all feel wasted at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I donít hate the move, Iím more just disappointed. I thought him as our number 3 would provide solid depth. I probably would have given him 1 more year. I also thought there were times last year that he should have gotten carries over AP. So thereís apart of me that wonders if he really got a fair shake. It is what it is though. He is/was the #3 and never regained the burst he has before his injury. I understand the move. I just thought maybe there was a little more there yet.

So I saw a report they hadn't released him yet.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    So I saw a report they hadn't released him yet.
    maybe he's begging.

The Eagles have claimed Kerryon.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    The Eagles have claimed Kerryon.
    Curious landing spot given they have Sanders, Scott, Howard, and Gainwell there already

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Curious landing spot given they have Sanders, Scott, Howard, and Gainwell there already

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but Kerryon has gobs of talent and he's still young. Why not give him a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Yeah, but Kerryon has gobs of talent and he's still young. Why not give him a shot?
    This is true, but how many touches is he going to get to prove that value would be my concern. Howard is the third down power guy with Sanders the starter and Scott played well enough as a fill in during his tenure in Philly. Seems like Kerryon is back to where he was in Detroit as the third back/pass blocker. I do hope he does win a spot there or somewhere though, Kerryon is good player and all accounts a good dude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast