Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 155

Thread: Colombia

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I think the gun and might blessed America more than God. I can't believe God would condone some of the things we have done in America's name. And if you are ignorant to believe that God blesses us over everybody else, why continue to do or allow un-godly things? Got a Free Pass or something?
    You are the only person I know who thinks our "empire" was built and maintain on sunshine and lollipops. You got to break eggs to make an omelette and expect to piss off a lot of chickens, royally.
    If you really investigate all the incursions, regime changing and other ways we have been interfering in other countries economies and political systems since 1946 you might think WE are the evil empire. We complain about all the people in Central and South America that have Drug Lords, epidemic violence and other problems and then their citizens daring to try to immigrate here and forget we caused most of the disruptions that led to their dire circumstances.

    I don't really put together the very long list of incursions, revolutions and other mostly CIA activities that have debilitated the growth of other countries. It would take days. But the information is out there if you want to research it.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Are you blind or just stupid? Take a quick look at your post #22 above and see if you can even remotely comprehend what you wrote.
    Ity makes far more sense that post #21.

    Are you blind or just stupid?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    If you really investigate all the incursions, regime changing and other ways we have been interfering in other countries economies and political systems since 1946 you might think WE are the evil empire. We complain about all the people in Central and South America that have Drug Lords, epidemic violence and other problems and then their citizens daring to try to immigrate here and forget we caused most of the disruptions that led to their dire circumstances.

    I don't really put together the very long list of incursions, revolutions and other mostly CIA activities that have debilitated the growth of other countries. It would take days. But the information is out there if you want to research it.
    All of this has been done by other countries or peoples since the beginning of time.

    Human nature. We have to live with it.

    It's like we're cpnstant;y iving the opening scenes of 2001. A Space Odyssey. It's always a good idea to get your hands on the biggest bones.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    All of this has been done by other countries or peoples since the beginning of time.

    Human nature. We have to live with it.

    It's like we're cpnstant;y iving the opening scenes of 2001. A Space Odyssey. It's always a good idea to get your hands on the biggest bones.
    Perhaps so. I remember one of the big ones post WWII was the British (with our help) destroying the democracy in Iran and putting the Shah in power because the elected officials wanted to nationalize the oil fields. Big bucks involved there. But now we have the Iran we didn't particulary want.

    On a different note, if people are fleeing here because of instabilities we caused that are getting them and their children killed, why do we hate them so much for coming here?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Ity makes far more sense that post #21.?
    Really? And yet you responded to it, and continue to do so.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Perhaps so. I remember one of the big ones post WWII was the British (with our help) destroying the democracy in Iran and putting the Shah in power because the elected officials wanted to nationalize the oil fields. Big bucks involved there. But now we have the Iran we didn't particulary want.

    On a different note, if people are fleeing here because of instabilities we caused that are getting them and their children killed, why do we hate them so much for coming here?
    Because "here" (the US) is the only place they seem to want to go.

    Bring it down to smaller terms to make it easier to understand. Suppose you live in an affluent neighborhood and your society agreed that the poor in the next neighborhood should be helped…yet they kept coming to he home of the Blue6 family and no one else. How would you react to that. How about if your real estate taxes are sky high but the county conissioners feel bad for the crumbling schools in the next couhty and send some surplus cash over there;;you OK with that???

    All these countries in the UN that sign on to all these refugee treaties, all these asylum agreements……pretty easy to do when no one is going to or wants to go to most of those countries. This is where the UN fails.

    Why not treat the refugees as a program where participants have to take in refugees and asylum seekers in some proportion to their size and population. Maybe the US takes in 100,000, Sweden 10,000, China 200,000. (numbers are guesses) How about giving some to Canada to take their fair share…plenty of room up there. Imagine how fast the crisis would clear up. First off, If you thought you would wind up in Sweden you may just stay put. Secondly, Swedes would freak out over an influx of refugees. But the good ole USofA……aaahhh stick them with the refugees.

    The US is being used and taken advantage of socially ad financially. Big time. Even the Dems know it…you may smell tacos, they just smell votes.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Really? And yet you responded to it, and continue to do so.
    As do you.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Because "here" (the US) is the only place they seem to want to go.

    Bring it down to smaller terms to make it easier to understand. Suppose you live in an affluent neighborhood and your society agreed that the poor in the next neighborhood should be helped…yet they kept coming to he home of the Blue6 family and no one else. How would you react to that. How about if your real estate taxes are sky high but the county conissioners feel bad for the crumbling schools in the next couhty and send some surplus cash over there;;you OK with that???

    All these countries in the UN that sign on to all these refugee treaties, all these asylum agreements……pretty easy to do when no one is going to or wants to go to most of those countries. This is where the UN fails.

    Why not treat the refugees as a program where participants have to take in refugees and asylum seekers in some proportion to their size and population. Maybe the US takes in 100,000, Sweden 10,000, China 200,000. (numbers are guesses) How about giving some to Canada to take their fair share…plenty of room up there. Imagine how fast the crisis would clear up. First off, If you thought you would wind up in Sweden you may just stay put. Secondly, Swedes would freak out over an influx of refugees. But the good ole USofA……aaahhh stick them with the refugees.

    The US is being used and taken advantage of socially ad financially. Big time. Even the Dems know it…you may smell tacos, they just smell votes.
    It’s odd of all the countries you chose as example you picked Sweden, since they actually allow in a lot of refugees:

    https://www.nrc.no/perspectives/2020...most-refugees/

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Because "here" (the US) is the only place they seem to want to go.

    Bring it down to smaller terms to make it easier to understand. Suppose you live in an affluent neighborhood and your society agreed that the poor in the next neighborhood should be helped…yet they kept coming to he home of the Blue6 family and no one else. How would you react to that. How about if your real estate taxes are sky high but the county conissioners feel bad for the crumbling schools in the next couhty and send some surplus cash over there;;you OK with that???

    All these countries in the UN that sign on to all these refugee treaties, all these asylum agreements……pretty easy to do when no one is going to or wants to go to most of those countries. This is where the UN fails.

    Why not treat the refugees as a program where participants have to take in refugees and asylum seekers in some proportion to their size and population. Maybe the US takes in 100,000, Sweden 10,000, China 200,000. (numbers are guesses) How about giving some to Canada to take their fair share…plenty of room up there. Imagine how fast the crisis would clear up. First off, If you thought you would wind up in Sweden you may just stay put. Secondly, Swedes would freak out over an influx of refugees. But the good ole USofA……aaahhh stick them with the refugees.

    The US is being used and taken advantage of socially ad financially. Big time. Even the Dems know it…you may smell tacos, they just smell votes.

    If they were killing men, women and children in that poorer neighborhood I would probably take some into my home.

    And educating children is important in every school district. Sharing some of the revenue to improve their situation would not bother me. Property taxes are pretty high here though. On the other hand, my son graduated from Purdue and is a Fighter Pilot in the Navy. His best friend became a doctor and is in a practice that works with the 49rs. Guess the money is worth it, eh?
    Last edited by Blue6; 05-07-2021 at 05:15 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    If they were killing men, women and children in that poorer neighborhood I would probably take some into my home.

    And educating children is important in every school district. Sharing some of the revenue to improve their situation would not bother me. Property taxes are pretty high here though. On the other hand, my son graduated from Purdue and is a Fighter Pilot in the Navy. His best friend became a doctor and is in a practice that works with the 49rs. Guess the money is worth it, eh?
    And then next month……

    and the next month……

    and the next month……

    and the next month……

    (I sense a pattern here)

    So you would never draw a line???

    Very admirable. Hard to believe but admirable.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Even the Dems know it…you may smell tacos, they just smell votes.
    Wow.

    Sluggo just said that, huh..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It’s odd of all the countries you chose as example you picked Sweden, since they actually allow in a lot of refugees:

    https://www.nrc.no/perspectives/2020...most-refugees/
    Stats are great………

    From your quted web site………

    Here are the ten countries that have received the most refugees in relation to their population during the period 2010–2019.

    TEN YEARS

    and………

    9. Sweden – 2.7 per cent
    Sweden has long had the most generous refugee policy in Europe and, unlike many other countries, has actively welcomed refugees. But the large influx of refugees to Europe in 2015, where many European countries were unwilling to share the responsibility, led the government to introduce a temporary law that limits the rights of refugees to a minimum of what the country has committed itself to through international conventions. Despite this, Sweden still receives far more refugees than most European countries.


    2.7% of Sweden's current population is 270,000.

    So that's 270-000 over 10 years. And the bolded…even they have cut back.

    270,000 refugees is the proverbial drop in the taco bucket for the US. We'll probably hit that this year. (And how many illegals are already here……12 million plus is a number tossed around.)

    But yes, compared to others, Sweden should be commended. At least they are doing something so kudis to them.

    Corollary……how long do you think Sweden would keep this up if they felt that their culture was changing??? Just wondering..

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Stats are great………

    From your quted web site………

    Here are the ten countries that have received the most refugees in relation to their population during the period 2010–2019.

    TEN YEARS

    and………

    9. Sweden – 2.7 per cent
    Sweden has long had the most generous refugee policy in Europe and, unlike many other countries, has actively welcomed refugees. But the large influx of refugees to Europe in 2015, where many European countries were unwilling to share the responsibility, led the government to introduce a temporary law that limits the rights of refugees to a minimum of what the country has committed itself to through international conventions. Despite this, Sweden still receives far more refugees than most European countries.


    2.7% of Sweden's current population is 270,000.

    So that's 270-000 over 10 years. And the bolded…even they have cut back.

    270,000 refugees is the proverbial drop in the taco bucket for the US. We'll probably hit that this year. (And how many illegals are already here……12 million plus is a number tossed around.)

    But yes, compared to others, Sweden should be commended. At least they are doing something so kudis to them.

    Corollary……how long do you think Sweden would keep this up if they felt that their culture was changing??? Just wondering..
    Slugs you are the biggest “culture warrior” I have ever encountered. That’s not a compliment


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,868
    Huh, if you saw him in his BraveHeart outfit, blue strip down his face screaming "FREEDOM'' you would be impress
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    If you really investigate all the incursions, regime changing and other ways we have been interfering in other countries economies and political systems since 1946 you might think WE are the evil empire. We complain about all the people in Central and South America that have Drug Lords, epidemic violence and other problems and then their citizens daring to try to immigrate here and forget we caused most of the disruptions that led to their dire circumstances.

    I don't really put together the very long list of incursions, revolutions and other mostly CIA activities that have debilitated the growth of other countries. It would take days. But the information is out there if you want to research it.
    I remember a lot of tensions in South America during the late sixties going into the Iran-Contra Affairs. It all mounted up to we do a lot of shady deals and supports some ruthless despotic leaders in the world. Good chance we have been to war indirectly thru proxies nations or directly most of our lives. Throw in the Drug war to cover the gaps, if any.

    Considering our history, I imagine the rest of the world is a little leery of us.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •