Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nope it’s a far right government though it’s name it’s deceiving and was created by people from different parties.
    Yeah including centrists and some from the center-left though mostly people who are center-right

This was another president who was chosen because of its populist message. They were the guys that hated the peace accords with FARC.

I love the denigration of the UN for not cleaning up the so-called messes in South and Central America, messes that were largely exacerbated by US policies and actions over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I love the denigration of the UN for not cleaning up the so-called messes in South and Central America, messes that were largely exacerbated by US policies and actions over the years.
    The US should have been working through the UN in those places all along. Of course the UN tends to not act in general. It turns out it's really hard to get the whole world to agree on anything.

Yes, there goes that God damned US again wreaking havoc wherever it goes.

Maybe we could change the name of the country to Pandora's Box since we seem to contain all the evils of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Yes, there goes that God damned US again wreaking havoc wherever it goes.
    And here I always thought it was God Bless America.

FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig..._United_States

And here I always thought it was God Bless America.

FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig..._United_States
    Some people think that God has alreadt blessed America.

While you are digging up all your supporting little websites……

see if you can come up with a time in history where smaller, poorer countries did not fall under the influence, control, colonialism (or whatever you people like to call it) of larger wealthier countries. The US has been far more benevolent than most world powers.

It's the way of the world.
    Always was……always will be.

Human nature.

Some people think that God has alreadt blessed America.
    Yup, and those some people are not very bright.

While you are digging up all your supporting little websites……

see if you can come up with a time in history where smaller, poorer countries did not fall under the influence, control, colonialism (or whatever you people like to call it) of larger wealthier countries. The US has been far more benevolent than most world powers.
    Less bad is not good.

It's the way of the world.
    Always was……always will be.

Human nature.
    OK. So, then what in the holy goddamn hell do you care about what the UN does or does not do?

You accept the way it was, is, and ever more shall be. I should think you would appreciate that they accept it too.

Yup, and those some people are not very bright.

Less bad is not good.

OK. So, then what in the holy goddamn hell do you care about what the UN does or does not do?

You accept the way it was, is, and ever more shall be. I should think you would appreciate that they accept it too.
    Who the hell are you to judge people who believe in God as not being very bright. You get more condescending with every post. (and for the record, I don't believe in God either but I admire those that do for the inner peace they seem to enjoy.)

Less bad may not be avoidable.

While the UN cannot avoid all the ills of the world, they can mitigate certain situations and they can prevent things from getting worse. They could do much more than they do.

Who the hell are you to judge people who believe in God as not being very bright. You get more condescending with every post. (and for the record, I don't believe in God either but I admire those that do for the inner peace they seem to enjoy.)
    Ummmm. Before you wet your pants again, I should point out that in this case I never said that those some people who believe in God (any god for that matter) are not very bright. Please go back and note that I said that those some people who believe that God (or any god for that matter) blessed America are not very bright.

Big difference, but apparently still too subtle for you.

While the UN cannot avoid all the ills of the world, they can mitigate certain situations and they can prevent things from getting worse. They could do much more than they do.
    So could a lot of entities.

But then again, my point remains: why bother? It’s always been this way, so who cares?

And if we’re being totally cynical here, the UN — like every organization and organism — has only one goal: to survive. As long as there is someone around to sustain and nourish it, they’ve done their job. They don’t care what they do or don’t do as long as they can keep going.

Ummmm. Before you wet your pants again, I should point out that in this case I never said that those some people who believe in God (any god for that matter) are not very bright. Please go back and note that I said that those some people who believe that God (or any god for that matter) blessed America are not very bright.

Big difference, but apparently still too subtle for you.

So could a lot of entities.

But then again, my point remains: why bother? It’s always been this way, so who cares?

And if we’re being totally cynical here, the UN — like every organization and organism — has only one goal: to survive. As long as there is someone around to sustain and nourish it, they’ve done their job. They don’t care what they do or don’t do as long as they can keep going.
    So if you throw in the word "some" you can define virtually every members of every possible category as not being "very bright." I guess that goes for professors too. But I already knew that.

And people wonder why the US education system is screwed up.

geezus.

I think the gun and might blessed America more than God. I can't believe God would condone some of the things we have done in America's name. And if you are ignorant to believe that God blesses us over everybody else, why continue to do or allow un-godly things? Got a Free Pass or something?
    You are the only person I know who thinks our "empire" was built and maintain on sunshine and lollipops. You got to break eggs to make an omelette and expect to piss off a lot of chickens, royally.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-07-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I think the gun and might blessed America more than God. I can't believe God would condone some of the things we have done in America's name. And if you are ignorant to believe that God blesses us over everybody else, why continue to do or allow un-godly things? Got a Free Pass or something?
    You are the only person I know who thinks our "empire" was built and maintain on sunshine and lollipops. You got to break eggs to make an omelette and expect to piss off a lot of chickens, royally.
    Go back and re-read. I never said I was a believer in God. I did say that I admire those who are because I admire their sense of inner peace. Clear now???

Bolded……never said that either. You don't read too well. The US has had many periods that, in looking back, may not have been right by some groups……the Indians, slavery, the environment etc.

But having said that¬the US does what it does well, because it can. Europeans conquered North America because they could. If they didn't do it someone else would have. just the way the world works. It happened before the US existed and it will happen hundreds of years from now. Just human nature. If you're waiting fir Klaatu to come down with Gort the robot to straighten us all out……well, I doubt that that ius going to happen.

And one thing that is never mentioned here (what a surprise) ……"bad" as the US is, the planet is a better place with the US being on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This was another president who was chosen because of its populist message. They were the guys that hated the peace accords with FARC.
    Populism doesn't make someone far-right, if it did than Bernie Sanders would be Far-Right.

So if you throw in the word "some" you can define virtually every members of every possible category as not being "very bright." I guess that goes for professors too. But I already knew that.

And people wonder why the US education system is screwed up.

geezus.
    Are you blind or just stupid? Take a quick look at your post #22 above and see if you can even remotely comprehend what you wrote.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast