Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

The "Republican" Threat

I used parentheses because most of the traitors are not real Republicans. Liz Chaney is a real Republican. May not agree with a lot she stands for, but her voting record speaks for itself.

http://politicsthatwork.com/voting-r...-Cheney-412732

Not only is the faction spreading "The Big Lie" but are actively working through legislation to eliminate and/or redistrict areas to insure Republican victories.

This is treason. Either we are a democracy where citizens have the right to vote or we are moving towards a one party system. What will be next? Genetic tests to eliminate people of color? Not that funny of a concept considering what steps they stoop to now. If they are successful in 2022 what WILL be next? Camps for dissidents? Forced servitude? As their madness evolves, who can say what comes next?

We have a serious problem in this country if we are to remain a democracy. We need to mobilize now and combat these illegal efforts to disenfranchise the majority of Americans.

LOL....check your own home concerning redistricting.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

And they are called quotes...but you knew that.

I really think term limits solves some of these recurring issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I agree. Term limits removes the vast majority of the leadership in both pareties, and that is likely a good thing.

Trump wants to keep going with this lie that the 2020 election was stolen and there must ahve been voter fraud. someone with better influence (if possible) should tell Trump that this is not helping him or the Republicans for the future. a "Trump base" may believe this, but there are going to be more Republican voters and Independent voters that wont.

one thing that could have helped this was an thorough investigation country wide into the 2020 election, so that if or when everything was shown to be legit people could say see there was no wide spread voter fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    LOL....check your own home concerning redistricting.
    They have done a pretty good job here. In my county Republicans usually run for office unopposed. Indy, Bloomington and South Bend are the only bastions of "liberalism" and are pretty much gerrymandered into being ineffective. Both Senators, the Governor and most key offices in the state are held by Republicans and have been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    And they are called quotes...but you knew that.
    For the record, they are called quotation marks. And you can quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I agree. Term limits removes the vast majority of the leadership in both pareties, and that is likely a good thing.
    I donít like term limits in priniciple, but in a system that needs as much reforming as ours needs, they are practical and, I would hope, beneficial.

Reducing the influence of money in our system is far more of a necessity, but at the same time [edit] far more unlikely.
    Last edited by Crovash; 05-06-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    There really is no end to "Republican" revisionism these daze.

I donít like term limits in priniciple, but in a system that needs as much reforming as ours needs, they are practical and, I would hope, beneficial.

Reducing the influence of money in our system is far more of a necessity, but at the same time for more unlikely.
    Two major issues. Cleaning "House" and getting the money that controls our future out of politics. Seems like almost impossible tasks, and yet there is hope as long as we retain the vote.

getting money out of politics would work better. It is need for money to finance campaigns that open the doors to corruption.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    They have done a pretty good job here. In my county Republicans usually run for office unopposed. Indy, Bloomington and South Bend are the only bastions of "liberalism" and are pretty much gerrymandered into being ineffective. Both Senators, the Governor and most key offices in the state are held by Republicans and have been for a long time.
    I see you missed it. You are blaming Republicans. Check out your fellow democrats first. You do a great Pot impersonation

Both actually, but we both know you didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    getting money out of politics would work better. It is need for money to finance campaigns that open the doors to corruption.
    I agree, however I don't think you can until you remove on going leadership and term limits does that.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast