Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I donít know how impressive it is. Embiid probably wins it if he is healthy. But this may be one of the more unique MVPís you will see.

    Probably the least athletic MVP of all time. His off-season was short, condensed schedule. Denverís pace of play is almost dead last. Even with MPJ and Murray out all for extended periods of time he was consistent. A center that is a pass first guy, we may never see it again.

    He is 1 of 2 maybe 3 guys in the league you can run your offense around and it doesnít matter what so ever who the other guys on the court are. He has no real weakness offensively.
    That is what make Joker special.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    59,216
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I mean his team is 4 games out of first and heís doing it with out a Murray + the stats are cray
    Heís MVP. That means he's ****ing awesome. Do i think he is having one of best seasons any one in the history of the game has ever had? No


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,588
    Heís the MVP

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,954
    Embiid tonight yet another better performance with what 5 less minutes? over the last like 6 games joel has barely played in the 2nd half because the sixers dominated in the first half... if joel played the entire games he would be the fav again because he would be putting up insane numbers. The best thing though is when jokic sits the nuggets are still fire... When joel sits they have to bring him back in the 4th because the bench just blew a 20 point lead. Jokic deserves it because of games played but he isnt joel embiid sorry. Embiid is an unstoppable offensive force and defensive force

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    65,575
    1- Jokic won't be unanimous selection, there will be votes for Embiid and CP3.

    2 - Using games missed in one of the most condensed seasons ever is lame. In a regular season spacing (using 2018-19 schedule) there would have been 8 games missed by Embiid. But in the condensed schedule that's 12 games.

    3 - Point 2 isn't to say that Jokic isn't deserving, but rather don't make the argument that he's the winner because he played more. Let him win on the merits of his play. Having him win on the merits of someone else not playing certainly would cheapen his winning.

    As a side note, am I one of the few that think "lesser" of unanimous MVPs? I think some of the hotly contested MVP races are some of the best MVP's because it means they were really challenged and needed night in and night out. Some of the unanimous feel like there was just no challenge to what's going on.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    38,028
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    1- Jokic won't be unanimous selection, there will be votes for Embiid and CP3.

    2 - Using games missed in one of the most condensed seasons ever is lame. In a regular season spacing (using 2018-19 schedule) there would have been 8 games missed by Embiid. But in the condensed schedule that's 12 games.

    3 - Point 2 isn't to say that Jokic isn't deserving, but rather don't make the argument that he's the winner because he played more. Let him win on the merits of his play. Having him win on the merits of someone else not playing certainly would cheapen his winning.

    As a side note, am I one of the few that think "lesser" of unanimous MVPs? I think some of the hotly contested MVP races are some of the best MVP's because it means they were really challenged and needed night in and night out. Some of the unanimous feel like there was just no challenge to what's going on.
    1. I think it's entirely possible more than 3 players get votes.

    2. Not only that, but because of the compressed schedule voters are seeing fewer of the games just for limited time so the ongoing narrative may have more impact than in normal years.

    "Some of the unanimous" ... I think there has only ever been one unanimous MVP. But to your point, that competition for MVP is always part of the story. Anyone who beats peak LeBron to MVP is putting in work to get there (even though LeBron gets a penalty for being held to a higher standard). More people in the discussion is more fun no doubt.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,228
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Embiid tonight yet another better performance with what 5 less minutes? over the last like 6 games joel has barely played in the 2nd half because the sixers dominated in the first half... if joel played the entire games he would be the fav again because he would be putting up insane numbers. The best thing though is when jokic sits the nuggets are still fire... When joel sits they have to bring him back in the 4th because the bench just blew a 20 point lead. Jokic deserves it because of games played but he isnt joel embiid sorry. Embiid is an unstoppable offensive force and defensive force
    Lol you compared Joelís performance against one of the worst teams in the league and one of the worst defensive teams against Jokic playing a hot team and one of the best defensive teams.

    Jokic has averaged a triple double against Houston this year not playing the entire 4th in 2 of the 3 games. Embiid should dominate too...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,228
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    1- Jokic won't be unanimous selection, there will be votes for Embiid and CP3.

    2 - Using games missed in one of the most condensed seasons ever is lame. In a regular season spacing (using 2018-19 schedule) there would have been 8 games missed by Embiid. But in the condensed schedule that's 12 games.

    3 - Point 2 isn't to say that Jokic isn't deserving, but rather don't make the argument that he's the winner because he played more. Let him win on the merits of his play. Having him win on the merits of someone else not playing certainly would cheapen his winning.

    As a side note, am I one of the few that think "lesser" of unanimous MVPs? I think some of the hotly contested MVP races are some of the best MVP's because it means they were really challenged and needed night in and night out. Some of the unanimous feel like there was just no challenge to what's going on.
    I agree 100%. Embiid is 100 percent deserving of MVP.

    CP3 MVP argument is infatuated. Itís not like the Suns have a bad roster without him. They are deep, one of the best scorers in the game with an up and coming big man that I do expect enters the conversation of best centers in the league in the near future. MVP is based off stats and leadership is not part of the equation. The Suns needed someone that would hold their best player accountable, and CP3 is the best in the game at that.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    65,575
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I agree 100%. Embiid is 100 percent deserving of MVP.

    CP3 MVP argument is infatuated. Itís not like the Suns have a bad roster without him. They are deep, one of the best scorers in the game with an up and coming big man that I do expect enters the conversation of best centers in the league in the near future. MVP is based off stats and leadership is not part of the equation. The Suns needed someone that would hold their best player accountable, and CP3 is the best in the game at that.
    I was so ready for blowback for the ďdonít cheapen it by saying he just playedĒ comment. [emoji1787]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,932
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    1- Jokic won't be unanimous selection, there will be votes for Embiid and CP3.

    2 - Using games missed in one of the most condensed seasons ever is lame. In a regular season spacing (using 2018-19 schedule) there would have been 8 games missed by Embiid. But in the condensed schedule that's 12 games.

    3 - Point 2 isn't to say that Jokic isn't deserving, but rather don't make the argument that he's the winner because he played more. Let him win on the merits of his play. Having him win on the merits of someone else not playing certainly would cheapen his winning.

    As a side note, am I one of the few that think "lesser" of unanimous MVPs? I think some of the hotly contested MVP races are some of the best MVP's because it means they were really challenged and needed night in and night out. Some of the unanimous feel like there was just no challenge to what's going on.
    Jokic has had a great year, no lie. But for better or worse I believe, in the minds of the voters if Harden, LeBron, KD, Embiid etc play as many games as Joker has, it's probably not clear cut that he's the runaway winner.

    It may be a crappy narrative, but for all awards, games played matters.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,009
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he was def not neck and neck with joel at the time of the injury.. joel was literally everyones head and shoulders favorate at that point.... jokic will deserve it but unlike shaq at the time jokic isnt the best player at his position.
    I'm pretty sure Jokic was right there with Embiid, or at least he should have been. LeBron was in the mix but a clear third.
    The advanced stats would say Jokic the most valuable, when you account for his unmatched offensive genius this season. The eye test now says it too, given how he's elevated the Nuggets without Murray.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    29,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Joker is the MVP for me. This from a Sixer fan
    Because youíre unbiased and fair

    With that said Embiid is still having a monster season. Canít count him out just yet

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    29,063
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he was def not neck and neck with joel at the time of the injury.. joel was literally everyones head and shoulders favorate at that point.... jokic will deserve it but unlike shaq at the time jokic isnt the best player at his position.
    This is a biased opinion. Just looking at their stats itís obvious Jokic does more to impact the game. How can you say Embiid is clearly better? I would think itís very close but Jokic is the more reliable player and has the more unique skill set.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    29,063
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Jokic has had a great year, no lie. But for better or worse I believe, in the minds of the voters if Harden, LeBron, KD, Embiid etc play as many games as Joker has, it's probably not clear cut that he's the runaway winner.

    It may be a crappy narrative, but for all awards, games played matters.
    It absolutely matters. I agree

    MVP doesnít mean best player. It literally means most valuable to their team. If harden sits a bunch of games but the nests are still 1st or 2nd it shows they can stay afloat with out him. You take Jokic out for the same amount of games and Denver is guaranteed to slide down.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    29,063
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Heís MVP. That means he's ****ing awesome. Do i think he is having one of best seasons any one in the history of the game has ever had? No


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who are we comparing too? If you line him up against other Cs who won mvp heís pretty up there. Name another Center that averaged 8+ assists, while averaging 40% + from the 3, averaging 26 ppg 56% from the field, 85% from the free throw line, while still giving you 10 plus rebounds and a pretty good defensive rating. And heís doing it with out missing games and still leading his team with out its 2nd best player

    Itís easy to just discredit him, but if you take a closer look heís the real unicorn at the C position.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •