Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Embiid tonight yet another better performance with what 5 less minutes? over the last like 6 games joel has barely played in the 2nd half because the sixers dominated in the first half... if joel played the entire games he would be the fav again because he would be putting up insane numbers. The best thing though is when jokic sits the nuggets are still fire... When joel sits they have to bring him back in the 4th because the bench just blew a 20 point lead. Jokic deserves it because of games played but he isnt joel embiid sorry. Embiid is an unstoppable offensive force and defensive force
    you sound really salty over the fact that Jokic is 100% the deserving of MVP this season. Save your energy for when your team's mediocre core inevitably flakes out in the postseason like they do every year

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Media ppl and analysts arenít really going to care about that when voting bro.
    They did in the NFL with Donald DPOY over Watt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    They did in the NFL with Donald DPOY over Watt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doesnít make it seem anymore likely in this scenario imo. Sure Simmons has his short comings but heís still a very good player. Iím sure Embiid will get some votes, but to me Jokic is the fav to win it.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-07-2021 at 10:57 PM.

Jokic was my fantasty stud this year. Just by virtue of playing 20 more games Joker should get the nod. Both can dominate the game. One guy has just done it 20 more times this season.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i legit pray the finals is sixers vs nuggets just to see embiid dominate him on both ends and people realize he isnt the best player which means he isnt the most valuable.
    Sixers seem to struggle in the clutch and pressure situations. Just going off the Spurs and Pelicans games I saw within the last few weeks.. they won both but struggled mightily down the stretch. The Pel's game was was atrocious for both teams the last few mins. Seems like they are going to be a regular season typical doc team that melts down in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    you sound really salty over the fact that Jokic is 100% the deserving of MVP this season. Save your energy for when your team's mediocre core inevitably flakes out in the postseason like they do every year
    yup no stupid bias here lmfao. Like leaving joel off of the all nba team and pretending to be so dumb you dont know the rules.

mediocre core... Top 3 player in the world/Top 25 player in the nba/harris/curry/green/ all our first round picks and a ton of 2nd round picks along with maxey who is a ****ing stud and thyb who is the best defender in basketball if only he started and then we have shake/kork who all teams would love to have. You a celtics fan? this butthurt for embiid and the sixers has to make you a celtics fan/nugget fan or raptors fan. Did he do something to hurt your soul? do you need a hug?

If we do fail the NBA is ****ed because we will then trade simmons for a sick return while having maxey be our pg. GG NBA. Seriously what franchise right now has the core and the assets the sixers do?

Embiid/simmons/harris/curry/thyb/shake/kork/maxey/DLEAGUE MVP/all their firsts/tons of 2nds and could still trade ben simmons for a **** ton... THANK GOD FOR MOREY.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 05-18-2021 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Sixers seem to struggle in the clutch and pressure situations. Just going off the Spurs and Pelicans games I saw within the last few weeks.. they won both but struggled mightily down the stretch. The Pel's game was was atrocious for both teams the last few mins. Seems like they are going to be a regular season typical doc team that melts down in the playoffs.
    https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/clut...?sort=W&dir=-1

go. I will wait.

wana see the record and stats when the sixers starting starters actually play?

I mean, the stats you just showed says the 76ers are very average offensively in the clutch. Their defense is really good and their net rating is then good because of that. But sometimes offensive deficiencies are amplified in a playoff situation. And when you play really good offensive teams, or really good individual offensive players (like the Nets have), great offense sometimes trumps great defense.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I mean, the stats you just showed says the 76ers are very average offensively in the clutch. Their defense is really good and their net rating is then good because of that. But sometimes offensive deficiencies are amplified in a playoff situation. And when you play really good offensive teams, or really good individual offensive players (like the Nets have), great offense sometimes trumps great defense.
    Especially in this era.

They need a closer, Iíve been saying it since Jimmy left. He was the only reason the 76ers even had a chance in 2019.

To answer the OP

Average to below average for MVPís

Probably in the lower 1/3. But moreso because when guys like Kareem, MJ, Lebron, etc add up to make half the MVPs won its hard to surpass that.

Probably 3rd weakest since 2010 with Rose and Westbrook being weaker.

I think part of the problem is the narrative is boring to be honest. At no fault of Jokic, it kind of feels like he won by default because the other contenders missed a decent amount of time. If LeBron and Embiid both played more games and Jokic legit beat them for the MVP, it probably feels better. But the narrative feels more like Jokic gets it because no one else played enough moreso than Jokic deserved it. And that's not Jokic's fault and it's not fair to him to say that at all, but I think that's going to be the narrative surrounding if at least for the near future.

If he wins another MVP, maybe we'll retroactively look back favorably at it, but I think if this ends up being his only MVP, we'll look back and say "wasn't that the year everyone was hurt?" when looking at it historically.

I'd say Jokic's playoffs thus far has shown he was at the very least deserving of the MVP award.

I never thought an MVP could be as underrated as he is. I wonder if people would put Rose and AI over Jokic.

I think Jokic beats either of Nash's MVPs (granted people think he was undeserving). People thought Dirk was deserving when he won in 2007 as well... I'm noticing a trend here...
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345